Morrissey Central "THE ONLY GOOD NEWS OF 2021" (December 21, 2021)

It seems that Moz is pessimistic, we are in difficult and confusing times, but surely there is more good news. Moz's album is a fact and I'm sure that somehow I'm going to listen to Bonfire, it's incredible that an artist like Morrissey doesn't have a proper label, and that so much shitty music permeates so many people in such bad taste! Morrissey is the best singer of all many qualities in one type, a real living icon with mystical blood and with a voice that comes out of a shaken heart Moz te amo!...

Moz, te amamos! 💞

I see. Then it's an absolute mystery why no one will touch him with a bargepole these days, isn't it? Unstoppable!

Does the fact that he won’t self-release mean that he doesn’t want to touch himself?

Is this the slowest, dullest, most boring period in all of Mozzer’s career? In the 97-04 wilderness we had successful world tours and new songs and Moz becoming increasingly more influential again. During the 2010-2014 wilderness years we had world tours, new songs and Autobiography. Now we get stupid collages made by his nephew and posted on his horrendous website. To be fair, there is a pandemic. But still.
To be even fairer, he also released albums in 2019 and 2020 and has recorded another.

That's not exactly slow, as some performers when they reach 60 are much, much less active.

you tell them comrade ! many many fruits! and he’s probably been very busy making fruit cake with it all and eating it too!
Christmas cards, too.

I see. Then it's an absolute mystery why no one will touch him with a bargepole these days, isn't it? Unstoppable!

Quest Artist Management must be brave then. They also touched Paul McCartney with a barge pole.

Yep, unstoppable.

:cool:

To be even fairer, he also released albums in 2019 and 2020 and has recorded another.

That's not exactly slow, as some performers when they reach 60 are much, much less active.

Not exactly resting on his laurels, is he.

OK. Let it be Southpaw II, Arse n all II or Maladjusted II. Or a balanced mixture of them. I'm open for ideas.

well, that’s not very open, Phranc & Open.

He doesn’t seem to want to repeat himself, but I have a feeling Bonfire won’t sound as much like IANADOAC.

Last edited:

Two albums that came and went in fast succession. I like Dog a lot, but it’s almost as if it never got released.

Most legacy artists, or what one might call them, have proper managers taking care of their careers, their website and their product. Morrissey don’t. Compare him to Nick Cave, Springsteen, Dylan, and so on. All very prolific, with respectable careers and their product untarnished. Morrissey’s career is quite tarnished and he and his management is doing nothing to make it better. It’s just silence, followed by stupid collages, followed by more silence, followed by pictures of moronic celebrities wearing Moz shirts, followed by even more silence. Not to mention the beyond silly refusal to (self-)release his supposedly finished album and take control of his career once again.

Does this rulin' set a precedent that can be cited in
other cases goin' forward in the U.S.?
It kinda seems like the Animal Legal Defense Fund
found a loophole to get Animals recognized, but now
they need to get it to apply to a Animal residin' in the U.S.

Last edited:
you tell them comrade ! many many fruits! and he’s probably been very busy making fruit cake with it all and eating it too!
Exactly Keta, for now we do not listen to Bonfire, but there is not much left, Moz is already working on the following projects: tours, new album, ahh !!! Moz moves and searches and the seeker finds!!!! Viva Mozy'ss!!! I look forward to a message from the best singer in the Universe: MORRISSEY

well, that’s not very open, Phranc & Open.
He doesn’t seem to want to repeat himself, but I have a feeling Bonfire won’t sound as much like IANADOAC.
I was listing all the great albums AW was involved in. Non purists might ad Quarry, ROTT and Refusal. That's ok, really.
Do you think "feeling it" is enough? If we get to hear a first teaser in 2022, I will listen good and proper before I give a comment.

Moz is an unstoppable soul: in 2020 I launch IANADOAC, beautiful. disco,, the tour began and the pandemic passed,his mother died,but Moz went ahead,and has a new album in the basement of art, waiting to humiliate many... and now it is with new projects. If it were for Morrissey right now, he would be singing somewhere on earth .As you can see Moz fulfilled many dreams already..... And how many did you fulfill?how many tours how many albums YVOS CUANTOS SUEÑOS CUANTOS DISCOS CUANTOS!!!??????

I thought, the only good news of 2021 was the return of Alain Whyte to start songwriting for Vauxhall II.
Ahhh how appetizing!!. God if a wonderful Vauxhall 2 mental flight I fly by your side!!! Boz also deserves to be I love Boz!!!!!!

I was listing all the great albums AW was involved in. Non purists might ad Quarry, ROTT and Refusal. That's ok, really.

Do you think "feeling it" is enough? If we get to hear a first teaser in 2022, I will listen good and proper before I give a comment.

Well, from the info we have, it’s a different producer(?)Don’t think Joe Chiccarelli has been mentioned in connection with it yet.

And Andrew Watt as producer (?) sounds an interesting choice, he’s young and a musician himself.

I could be wrong, and maybe M wants to pursue the road he took with IANADOAC. But so far I get the feeling it’ll sound a little different.

I’m hoping it’ll be a little looser, which is one of the problems I had with IANADOAC is that to me it sounded too rigid, is the only way I can describe it.

M:
No. It gave me a new curiosity because I didn't know how anyone would play or interpret the song, but it all came together instantly and that absolutely amazed me. The moods, the twists, the precision … it's difficult to do well, and I was blessed with a most supremely intelligent producer. He played and sang backing vocals on every track … so beautifully … and brought something that no one else could hear into each track...”

I assume he’s speaking about Watt. We’ll see.

Last edited:
Watt was assumed to be producer after Chad's comments (which weren't direct).

This was further hinted at via Morrissey's:

"and I was blessed with a most supremely intelligent producer. He played and sang backing vocals on every track … so beautifully … and brought something that no one else could hear into each track."

Which seems to marry up with a Fender video I shared a while back where you can see his creative process and how it's similar to what Morrissey is describing:

No hard confirmation though yet.
Regards,
FWD.

Two albums that came and went in fast succession. I like Dog a lot, but it’s almost as if it never got released.

Most legacy artists, or what one might call them, have proper managers taking care of their careers, their website and their product. Morrissey don’t. Compare him to Nick Cave, Springsteen, Dylan, and so on. All very prolific, with respectable careers and their product untarnished. Morrissey’s career is quite tarnished and he and his management is doing nothing to make it better. It’s just silence, followed by stupid collages, followed by more silence, followed by pictures of moronic celebrities wearing Moz shirts, followed by even more silence. Not to mention the beyond silly refusal to (self-)release his supposedly finished album and take control of his career once again.

I totally agree with you, loads of bands have been touring and releasing albums, the only thing holding Morrissey back is Morrissey.

It seems that Moz is pessimistic, we are in difficult and confusing times, but surely there is more good news. Moz's album is a fact and I'm sure that somehow I'm going to listen to Bonfire, it's incredible that an artist like Morrissey doesn't have a proper label, and that so much shitty music permeates so many people in such bad taste! Morrissey is the best singer of all many qualities in one type, a real living icon with mystical blood and with a voice that comes out of a shaken heart Moz te amo!...
People love shitty music. Gotta keep them happy.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom