The Queen Is Dead 10" LP re-print for Record Store Day

what i am finding quite funny about this whole thing is that a) moz has not made a comment on it yet and b) people on ebay are idiots. 29 copies on there..! firstly it's limited to 2000 NOT 800 !? and secondly it's 1 10" not 2. and ALSO, each copy is individually numbered on the inside so people could be sitting on a high number and not even know it. i like RSD but people need to stop trying to profiteer from it.

I thought I read that there was 800 copies for the UK and a further 700 for international release, but I may be wrong. I agree that people shouldn't be allowed to buy copies just to sale them on ebay for a fast buck, I don't know why people don't just wait a couple of weeks until all the fuss has died down and get one for a more realistic price?

:D

5623604453_ab9683fccd_z.jpg

5623604459_ac046834f3_z.jpg

Thirty Quid! :eek: from my local Glasgow shop.

Joined the queue at ten past eight this morning, freezing cold, with about 40 or 50 punters already there. Finally got in around half nine, picked up the Suede demo debut 7" and the Edwyn Collins&The Drums 7", and asked at the counter for Queenie, only to be told they'd only got one copy in and it had already gone! "But I pre-ordered it", I squeeked,"Like ten days ago, my names in your order book, check the book!" By now only canines could hear my pleas. Just then the boss man emerged from out back with a shiny sealed Ten Inch Queen and laid it before me. The bloke next to me at the counter pointed at it with a gaping mouth - "But you said they were all gone!" ~ "This is for regulars mate." If the Man hadn't had a greying soul patch I would have kissed him!

It's a bit of a pity it's all sealed up cos I'd love to open it and check out the lovely gatefold with two 10 inches, the matrix message, etcetera.
But it's just too perfect to pierce :crazy:

I'm pleased for you mate but well pissed off!! I was 10th in the queue at "Lovemusic" (worst name for a record shop ever) and they had already sold out - although obviously not. This is a family forum so I'll not tell you where they can go....

I phoned on thursday and they only had 1 to sell , it is a shite name for a record shop - mono had a good few more and lets be honest its a much better shop

AGREED! I much prefer monorail but I had to go straight to work at my multi-story empire across the road straight after so I didn't have time to go down there - remind me to take the day off next year ;-)

Piccadilly records Manchester had a delivery today of this item just got one. Tried to get another for Irregular regular but they wouldn't wear it one each only. Some others in as well picked up arctic monkeys, buneymen and Wild Beasts for my lad.

Piccadilly records Manchester had a delivery today of this item just got one. Tried to get another for Irregular regular but they wouldn't wear it one each only. Some others in as well picked up arctic monkeys, buneymen and Wild Beasts for my lad.

When I phoned Piccadilly Records the other day they said they were expecting some imported copies this week - I wonder if you have one of these? I wonder if there are any differences?

In terms of ebay profiteering - looks like the ebay price is settling around the low £30's - it might go even lower given the numbers still for sale. Not bad given that some were paying that in the shops on Saturday.

Dave

I got a call from the guy at Wall Of Sound Huddersfield. He had four copies come in today. He let me buy two. One for a chap in the US who already asked me to get one if I could. And the other? Well, someone must want it...

P.

Last edited:
Rough Trade East had about 10 copies in there when I went in about an hour ago. Unfortunately 1 per person otherwise I would have picked another 1 or 2 up for anyone on here.

I'd still like one, in the U.S. , if someone can swing it.

edit :One day I'll learn to read ^^

Last edited:
I'm pleased for you mate but well pissed off!! I was 10th in the queue at "Lovemusic" (worst name for a record shop ever) and they had already sold out - although obviously not. This is a family forum so I'll not tell you where they can go....

Hey Nats,
Could you check your Private Messages when you see this. I just posted you about something.
Cheers,
~ Joe

For those interested ~ 'Lovemusic' on Dundas Street in Glasgow got a few of these back in yesterday. Maybe around half a dozen. Don't know the price - probably between £20 and £30.

Has anyone who bought a copy from banquet records online received their copy yet?

Back
Top Bottom