"The Queen Is Dead" - 2017 re-issue details (CD, DVD box set out Oct. 20) - listing on Amazon UK

Amazon listings are up:

https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B073Z9DQMJ

https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B073ZBHG1R

CD track-listing screenshot posted by Uncleskinny:

40378_tqid2017_tracklisting.png

UPDATE July 20:

Famous when dead added in the comments:

The US version is now listed minus any way to purchase it:
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B073ZBHG1R/

lutewhine added in the comments:

Apple Music has 13 tracks "Live In Boston" after the extras listed on Amazon. (screenshots)

Related items:

Last edited by a moderator:
I'd tend to agree that yet another remaster won't happen given the disc was being prepared 8 years ago - It will probably just be resurrected as is.

Probably right as far as a proper remaster goes. Who knows? But having a master with this year's date on it is useful from a marketing point of view. You can just have someone make some minor changes to the 2011 versions and call it a new master if you want, so that may well be what we will get.

When it comes to the Smiths, you can't necessarily trust anything anyone says.

Funny and true :)
When you start to think about that, you can't necessarily trust anyone anymore. Period. :(

Probably right as far as a proper remaster goes. Who knows? But having a master with this year's date on it is useful from a marketing point of view. You can just have someone make some minor changes to the 2011 versions and call it a new master if you want, so that may well be what we will get.

Well I would say based on the sonics of the Queen 12" and the recent Record Store Day 7" this IS a new remaster. In particular, the Queen is Dead is stunningly good.

And there goes KS with the predictable response.

Well, predictable or not, it has been registered, it will be archived, and it can't be denied. ;)
When the final judgementday comes, she will be sitting by his side,
You will be denied paradise! :squiffy:

Well, predictable or not, it has been registered, it will be archived, and it can't be denied. ;)
When the final judgementday comes, she will be sitting by his side,
You will be denied paradise! :squiffy:

That's OK ... while I enjoy Morrissey's music ... I don't desire to be his lap dog. Well, maybe slightly, only slightly less than I used to.

That's OK ... while I enjoy Morrissey's music ... I don't desire to be his lap dog. Well, maybe slightly, only slightly less than I used to.

:D, so I don't have to ask you to stop me if you think you heard this one before? In that case I won't. Ask. :lbf:

Amazon UK appear to have amended the titles correctly to:
The Queen Is Dead (2017 Master)
&
The Queen Is Dead (2017 Master) [Deluxe Edition] Box set

Respectively.
Regards,
FWD.

And they've knocked a tenner off the price. Now all they need to do it knock three months off the release date.

A blog that includes all I have to say about the smiths (including the queen is dead) in that period of time and what it still means to me today.

---

Today, thanksgiving, I got up early and put 52 miles on the bike. Sunny and crisp, in the low 50 degrees for most of the ride. Comfortably dressed and feeling a rise in strength and endurance coming over this specific periodization of base training.

Family and I then drove to one of our nearest relatives to have dinner with them. We don't see them often and it is a multi hour drive to get there. Had a wonderful dinner, lots of talking. We were all exhausted but loaded into the car for the long drive home. About an hour into the drive home, I find I am the only one still awake in the vehicle. Hurdling down the highway I have a great sense of responsibility to stay alert and protect me and mines.

I have shuffle playing and a smiths song comes on from the first album. I am sentimental and play the album queen is dead and strangeways from start to finish. I hear so many things in the music and lyrics it is a flood of the past.

I was 16 when I bought the queen is dead. I was 17 when I bought strangeways here we come. I was 18 when I eagerly awaited and bought morrissey's solo life changer, viva hate.

Viewing the timeline of my Morrissey fan life, as others may be different, I thought, wow, what a perfect succession of albums at such a key couple of years of my life. I feel lucky for when these albums came out with the formative and questionable years that they collided with. I'm sure each fan has a specific period of time and albums that cemented something in them. Forever imprinting, to never be taken away.

My wife awoke during strangeways, while I was softly singing away. I looked at her and said, I bought this album when I was 17 and I will probably know these lyrics for the rest of my life. As I softly finished the album by singing I won't share you. It applies today, this zeal I feel, it is my time.

----

I will definitely be buying this when it is released

Apple Music has 13 tracks "Live In Boston" after the extras listed on Amazon.

Attachments

• IMG_4057.PNG
    IMG_4057.PNG
    94.3 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_4058.PNG
    IMG_4058.PNG
    94.5 KB · Views: 0
Got this of the Warner email:

Artiest: The Smiths
Album titel: The Queen Is Dead
Releasedatum: 20 oktober 2017

'The Queen Is Dead' wordt veelal beschouwd als The Smiths' beste werk en een van de beste albums ooit gemaakt. Het is daarmee van grote invloed op meerdere generaties sinds de release in de zomer van 1986. Warner Bros. Records heeft een nieuw gemasterde en uitgebreide versie van het album bevestigd die op 20 oktober dit jaar wordt uitgebracht. Het album bevat een aantal van de band's grootste hits, waaronder de titel track en 'There Is A Light That Never Goes Out' evenals de iconische singles 'The Boy With The Thorn In His Side' en 'Bigmouth Strikes Again'. Deze heruitgave is de eerste keer dat The Smiths' catalogus op zo'n manier is herzien. Het volgt twee recente limited edities vinyl singles op uit de archieven: een demo mix van 'The Boy With The Thorn In His Side' die voor Record Store Day is heruitgegeven en 'The Queen Is Dead' die in de officiële vinyl charts op #1 binnen kwam bij release in juni.

Morissey, zanger van The Smiths, zegt: "You cannot continue to record and simply hope that your audience will approve, or that average critics will approve, or that radio will approve. You progress only when you wonder if an abnormally scientific genius would approve - and this is the leap The Smiths took with The Queen Is Dead."

'The Queen Is Dead' wordt uitgebracht op digitale en streaming formats evenals de volgende fysieke formats - allen met de 2017 masters van het originele album:

Deluxe 3CD / 1 DVD boxset - Met de 2017 master van het album - Extra opnames en demo's, b-sides en alternatieve versies - Het 'Live In Boston' album opgenomen bij de Great Woods Center For The Performing Arts op 5 augustus 1986 - En een DVD met de 2017 masters van het album in 96kHz / 24-bit PCM stereo en 'The Queen Is Dead - A Film By Derek Jarman'.

2CD versie - Met de 2017 master en extra opnames

5LP box - Met de 2017 master van het album - Extra opnames - De 'Live In Boston' opname.

Tracklisting:

CD1 - Original album: 2017 master 1. 'The Queen Is Dead' 2. 'Frankly, Mr. Shankly' 3. 'I Know It's Over' 4. 'Never Had No One Ever' 5. 'Cemetry Gates' 6. 'Bigmouth Strikes Again' 7. 'The Boy With The Thorn In His Side' 8. 'Vicar In A Tutu' 9. 'There Is A Light That Never Goes Out' 10. 'Some Girls Are Bigger Than Others'

CD2 - Additional recordings 1. 'The Queen Is Dead' (full version) 2. 'Frankly, Mr. Shankly' (demo) 3. 'I Know It's Over' (demo) 4. 'Never Had No One Ever' (demo) 5. 'Cemetry Gates' (demo) 6. 'Bigmouth Strikes Again' (demo) 7. 'Some Girls Are Bigger Than Others' (demo) 8. 'The Boy With The Thorn In His Side' (demo mix) 9. 'There Is A Light That Never Goes Out' (take 1) 10. 'Rubber Ring' (b-side) 11. 'Asleep' (b-side) 12. 'Money Changes Everything' (b-side) 13. 'Unloveable' (b-side)

CD3 - 'Live in Boston' - previously unreleased 1. 'How Soon Is Now?' (5.25) 2. 'Hand In Glove' (2.58) 3. 'I Want The One I Can't Have' (3.24) 4. 'Never Had No One Ever' (3.29) 5. 'Stretch Out And Wait' (3.09) 6. 'The Boy With The Thorn In His Side' (3.34) 7. 'Cemetry Gates' (3.01) 8. 'Rubber Ring/What She Said/Rubber Ring' (4.17) 9. 'Is It Really So Strange?' (3.23) 10. 'There Is A Light That Never Goes Out' (4.09) 11. 'That Joke Isn't Funny Anymore' (4.51) 12. 'The Queen Is Dead' (5.08) 13. 'I Know It's Over' (7.39)

DVD: 'The Queen Is Dead' on 96kHz / 24-bit PCM stereo. 'The Queen is Dead - A Film by Derek Jarman'.

Last edited:
Tags
tqid reissue

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom