"The Queen Is Dead" - 2017 re-issue full track listings and details - SuperDeluxeEdition

The site super deluxe edition, have this extra info....
A five-LP box set (good value in the UK at £57) includes all the audio listed above, and a two-CD edition pairs the remaster with the bonus disc of demos etc.

Five LP vinyl release, with 2 cds sounds nice.

The Smiths / The Queen is Dead reissue - SuperDeluxeEdition
by Paul Sinclair

Excerpt:

First Smiths deluxe • 3CD+DVD • 5LP vinyl • hi-res on DVD
Warners will issue a four-disc deluxe edition of The Smiths 1986 album The Queen Is Dead in October this year.

The album is generally considered to be the band’s best work (although for this writer Strangeways, Here We Come gives it a good run for its money) and features the classic There Is A Light That Never Goes Out (only a single in France at the time, fact fans).

There are three physical formats for this release – which as you will note has updated artwork – a 3CD+DVD deluxe includes the remastered album, a bonus CD of demos, alternates and b-sides, a further CD: Live In Boston (recorded at the Great Woods Center For The Performing Arts on August 5, 1986) and a DVD featuring the 2017 master of the album in 96kHz / 24-bit PCM stereo. The DVD also includes The Queen Is Dead – A Film By Derek Jarman.

A five-LP box set (good value in the UK at £57) includes all the audio listed above, and a two-CD edition pairs the remaster with the bonus disc of demos etc.

All formats of this The Queen Is Dead reissue will be released on 20 October 2017. The four-disc deluxe is well-priced (similar to Prince) and is currently £25 in the UK (this may even come down further).

Related item:

Last edited by a moderator:
According to this listing, "I Want The One I Can't Have" and "There Is A Light..." (#3 and #5) were played early in the set list and are not on Rank. Also, HSIN is not there, but the tracks after are ... so it would seem to suggest selective inclusion rather than the entire show not being soundboard recorded.

You're talking about Rank, which isn't a soundboard recording. It was taped for broadcast by the BBC.

For non-Amazon users Stateside:

Cheaper than Amazon too.
Regards,
FWD.

Winnie Wong will not enjoy Soloists mention Amazon cause she is on the war path against them.

Any ideas or insights why the August 5, 1986 Boston show (like Rank not the full show) was included in this reissue package? Just read about it on Passions Just Like Mine ... sounds like it was a good show and was already available on a couple of boots.

What is the 5th disc in the LP boxset? Could it be the recent Queen is Dead 12"? Or have I miscounted?

All of you wankers are a bunch of whiners. In a fell swoop, after 30 years of nothing, you have 25 percent more officially sanctioned Smiths tracks than you had before Thurday and you all still complain.

The full rank show is available from Smithstorrents, been available for years

True ... we were talking about if we will ever see an official re-release of Rank featuring all tracks (and if all tracks had been professionally recorded in the first place). Kind of pointless as a re-release I suppose since, as you mentioned, it's freely available elsewhere - torrents, YouTube, etc.

Last edited:
True ... we were talking about if we will ever see an official re-release of Rank featuring all tracks (and if all tracks had been professionally recorded in the first place).

From Passions: This concert was recorded by the BBC for later radio broadcast but the recording was never broadcast in full. The most complete sets still lacked "I Want The One I Can't Have", "Never Had No One Ever" and "Meat Is Murder".

They are vehement about reforming 'get a grip' peasants etc, fair enough, but I would rather hear some new Morrissey /Marr material than this boring re-issue of The Quid is dead rehearsal nonsense that they both seem to appro£ve of.

Any ideas or insights why the August 5, 1986 Boston show (like Rank not the full show) was included in this reissue package? Just read about it on Passions Just Like Mine ... sounds like it was a good show and was already available on a couple of boots.

the songs which are not included are the same quality not added from inferior bootleg sources, shame the complete concert wasn't officially released. As far as the QID rerelease is concerned there's nothing of real interest for me. I would have loved to have seen or heard something new, demos etc don't really interest me. Excited to hear the (incomplete) live show but The best souvenir for this period of the Smiths' live career is also arguably the best bootleg for this band. "Thank Your Lucky Stars" was recorded off the soundboard in Irvine on 28 August (thanks to PJLM) now an official release of this gig would be really special. I never liked the Jarman videos and they haven't stood the test of time. Truly disappointed and as with the rest of Smiths releases there is always an element of missing the ball which I suppose is part of their appeal !

Last edited:
but The best souvenir for this period of the Smiths' live career is also arguably the best bootleg for this band. "Thank Your Lucky Stars" was recorded off the soundboard in Irvine on 28 August (thanks to PJLM) now an official release of this gig would be really special. I never liked the Jarman videos and they haven't stood the test of time. Truly disappointed and as with the rest of Smiths releases there is always an element of missing the ball which I suppose is part of their appeal !

I've had that boot since 1994 or so ... all this time I thought it was from Universal Amphitheater as it was erroneously labeled. Love it when Morrissey goes off on the security staff for roughing up fans ... and then goes right back into singing, "I Know it's Over."

Last edited:
I have the vinyl box set from 2011 so this would be a fruitless purchase for me and I love fruit.

I have the vinyl box set from 2011 so this would be a fruitless purchase for me and I love fruit.

Well, yeah - but there are 4 vinyls in this version with material that wasn't in the 2011 set, so...

You can't just say you had some fruit six years ago so you don't need to have any this week. It doesn't work like that, ask any nutritionist.

Well, yeah - but there are 4 vinyls in this version with material that wasn't in the 2011 set, so...
Demos and live versions don't do much for me. But I don't deny they could be interesting to some fans. Also I don't have TQID on a pedestal with light shining on it from above as most fans and the press do. The debut album and MIM are more my taste.

Maybe TQID demos being less polished will sound more raw. Who knows?

By buying album you also automatically qualify for a mug:

wgr.morrissey_indie_gods.left.jpg
Haha and it's cracked.
If you buy two new albums you get a 2nd mug with 'born yesterday' printed on it (non microwave friendly).

Last edited:
Tags
tqid reissue

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom