"The Queen Is Dead" (2017 re-issue) released (Oct. 20, 2017)

The Queen Is Dead (2017 re-issue) is out now.
40862_8152SSTy9uL._SL1500_.jpg

Spotify:

Buy on Amazon

Last edited:
Like :thumbsup:
BtBB :greatbritain::knife:

Very ironic seeing he is very loud in the mix, remember that being the same when I saw them live the 2nd time. First time they were a bit weedy to be honest but Gannon added some real oomph to the live sound.

With the CD's, does anybody know why they are in a plastic sleeve within the cardboard, have never seen this before?

To protect the CD from scuffs from the cardboard, it's unfortunately not very common here but in Japan it's the standard.

Not sure of their source, but:

Regards,
FWD.

i have the vinyl edition, which is beautiful but should I have a download code? Is the DVD only with CD version?

With the CD's, does anybody know why they are in a plastic sleeve within the cardboard, have never seen this before?
Bit like some 70s LPs (instead of paper inner sleeves, probably cheaper), which were hell to re-insert into the outer sleeve, always crumpling up.

No clue though as to why specifically for this release...

"Album and cassette" :)

Funny thing, though, is that according to that impeccable source of information, Mick Middles' "The Smiths: the Complete Story", Rough Trade released the CD concurrently. (It was the first of their albums to have a simultaneous LP/CS/CD release.) Yet they felt no need to mention this? :confused:

Last edited:
Just listened to "Live in Boston". Band in fine form, sturdy but more subtle (less rockist) than on "Rank". Moz's singing's great too.
When I hear his current guitarists, especially live, they make me want to weep.

Last edited:
Its so amazing to me that a set with over twenty new tracks by a band that released less than 80 tracks in their lifetime has only generated in one week a little more than 50 posts on a site that gets a gadjillion views a day.

Its so amazing to me that a set with over twenty new tracks by a band that released less than 80 tracks in their lifetime has only generated in one week a little more than 50 posts on a site that gets a gadjillion views a day.

Anonymous, that's because many have already heard these - & other - versions before.

And everyone is also far too busy ordering, streaming, downloading, Low In High School.

Hazard
x

Funny thing, though, is that according to that impeccable source of information, Mick Middles' "The Smiths: the Complete Story", Rough Trade released the CD concurrently. (It was the first of their albums to have a simultaneous LP/CS/CD release.) Yet they felt no need to mention this? :confused:

CDs were only just starting to come out of being a niche audiophile thing in 1986, so maybe it wasn't such an enormous oversight.

CDs were only just starting to come out of being a niche audiophile thing in 1986, so maybe it wasn't such an enormous oversight.
True. I remember the media circus around 1985 surrounding Dire Straits, to position them as "CD artists", DDD and all that. Upmarket stuff. Perhaps Rough Trade thought it would hurt their indie cred if they mentioned CD :smile:

...excellent point.. maybe most shops had not retooled to split lp shelves for longboxes?

M has stated the Smiths were dead long long ago. No one can say anything new on that point.

:cool:

...excellent point.. maybe most shops had not retooled to split lp shelves for longboxes?
Likely not mentioned as in '86 a concurrent CD issue could be planned but certainly not assured as manufacturing capacity way outstripped by demand

Likely not mentioned as in '86 a concurrent CD issue could be planned but certainly not assured as manufacturing capacity way outstripped by demand
This is an interesting post. I'm not sure I totally understand it.

Is there any point in buying The Smiths music or merchandise anymore if the money goes to Mike Joyce? Do you know if Morrissey and Johnny Marr get any of the money?

Last edited:
Tags
tqid reissue

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom