The Rebirth...day? / Trojan Records image - Morrissey official Facebook

40088_trojan_records.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
If he is on this label now, why hasn't he announced it officially? I assume they will start recording soon.

Maybe. Trojan was apparently sold to BMG and that photo of Morrissey was with Craig Ericson who runs Rise Records (also a BMG label). Attack Records (Morrissey, You are the Quarry, Ringleader of the Tormentors etc) was originally an imprint of Trojan.
I actually did some research on discogs.com about the Attack record label a while ago and if I remember well the Attack Records on which 'You are the quarry', etc. were released is NOT related to the other Attack Records related to Trojan, in spite of the confusing fact that the logo printed on Morrissey's discs - not on the covers themselves which display the machine gun logo - is indeed that of the Trojan sub-label.
My two-cents...

I actually did some research on discogs.com about the Attack record label a while ago and if I remember well the Attack Records on which 'You are the quarry', etc. were released is NOT related to the other Attack Records related to Trojan, in spite of the confusing fact that the logo printed on Morrissey's discs - not on the covers themselves which display the machine gun logo - is indeed that of the Trojan sub-label.
My two-cents...
I'd be interested in what research you've done.
At the time ('03), it was heavily discussed here, the Trojan website and various media sources. The terms Trojan and Attack were used together by all concerned.
I can't find any information about 2 seperate entities - just an old record label resurrected for Morrissey's use due to his friendship with Merck Mercuriadis.
I'm happy to be wrong, but can't see any info contrary.
https://www.theguardian.com/uk/2003/jun/07/arts.artsnews
Regards,
FWD.

At the time ('03), it was heavily discussed here, the Trojan website and various media sources. The terms Trojan and Attack were used together by all concerned.
I can't find any information about 2 seperate entities - just an old record label resurrected for Morrissey's use due to his friendship with Merck Mercuriadis.
Regards,
FWD.
I'm busy right now, so I can't check everything again on discogs, but here's the link to the Attack label that used to be run by Jamaican producer Bunny Lee:
https://www.discogs.com/label/21631-Attack
And the link to Morrissey's Attack Records:
https://www.discogs.com/label/33900-Attack-Records-3
They are featured on discogs.com as two separate entities.

I didn't know it had been discussed here before, so I hope I'm not bringing any confusion into the debate with my very first posts to the forum.

Last edited:
Regards,
FWD.

OK, this Guardian article obviously proves me wrong. I should have read it first. Sorry for wasting your time...

Hopefully his knack for controversial press doesn't get in the way of moving forward.

OK, this Guardian article obviously proves me wrong. I should have read it first. Sorry for wasting your time...
Not at all.
Anything is possible in the Morrissey world and having a bit clarity never hurt anyone.
It's only by digging through this stuff we learn anything - so no time wasted on my part.
Kind regards,
FWD.

Hopefully his knack for controversial press doesn't get in the way of moving forward.

They're bound to be reviewing things. If they've made any sort of commitment yet, Moz just set fire to a big pile of revenue right in front of them. If he gets dropped, I think he deserves it, obvs.

They're bound to be reviewing things. If they've made any sort of commitment yet, Moz just set fire to a big pile of revenue right in front of them. If he gets dropped, I think he deserves it, obvs.
It's not for nothing that I changed my avatar. :lbf:

I wish he would stop dangling the carrot already. Don't say stuff like this unless you have a deal.:confused:

Me reckon I just saw a Jimmy Cliff 45 "You can get it if you really want" in me jukebox and it has this same Trojan Records label but it also says "Island Records". It is from 1970.

Me reckon I just saw a Jimmy Cliff 45 "You can get it if you really want" in me jukebox and it has this same Trojan Records label but it also says "Island Records". It is from 1970.

Appropriate name as he was born an braised at an island.
Many times it fits in nicely with Moz.
Think about when he introduced his band and said something about being proud to introduce The Walker Brothers. :lbf:

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom