Morrissey Central THE RIGID RULES AND RESTRICTIONS OF ‘DIVERSITY' (November 25, 2020)

THE RIGID RULES AND RESTRICTIONS OF ‘DIVERSITY’
November 25, 2020

" When the new BMG Executive says he now wants a label of 'diversity', what he
actually means is he wants all of his artists to be exactly the same. Make no mistake, the
word 'diversity' is already trailing in the dust as an overused catchword that in fact means tighter restrictions and a fierce
exclusion of individuality. I have been dumped by BMG because I am TOO diverse for them. They cannot cope with an
artist such as Morrissey … who is, in fact, the very essence of diversity … whose lyrical concerns are multiple, different,
and who has been writing about all of our human differences since 1982. So, please don't be fooled into thinking the
word 'diversity' means varied and open; it has been warped to mean exactly the opposite. With these absolutely
incomprehensibly senseless new guidelines, I'll be surprised if BMG still exists in 18 months time. Or, if they do,
they'll be a label that no true artist would want to sign to. Perhaps this is what BMG prefers - a roster of artists
who are so diverse that you'll never be able to distinguish one from the other?"
Morrissey, November 2020.

"There are artists who feel abandoned by the record business yet are still producing new music which connects with an audience." Hartwig Masuch, BMG.

Morrissey World scrapped due to its 'narrow' appeal :

Related items:

Related articles (first link contains the quote cited by Central):

Totally agree with Morrissey. I wonder which is the business model of record labels. There must be some (hidden?) logic behind all this. It's obvious diversity is not the true explanation. I can't think about a more diverse person than Morrissey. He is unique.
But Morrissey is lying, so you’re “totally agreeing” with absolute bullshit.

When wil the interview ?
Are you giving us the interview in installments?
The word diversity used by the Bmg manager ignited Moz!!!,,that made him crazy!!!!, that's why he went to the intersection .
HE IS IN INCANDESCENT STATE AND EMITTING BRIGHT WHITE LIGHT
I love you Louise... we have over the years had some laughs....
I’ll say this to your heart....
I’m pleased he’s dead .....
I shall say no more to your breaking
Heart .... enjoy your 6 day arse licking contest for a man I’ve always despised...... I could go on , but you get the general idea.....

See the off-topic political thread for posts regarding material of that ilk.
This thread's discussion is framed by a Morrissey statement/BMG criticism and product 'details'.
FWD.

Ah, you again. Do you think I care what political party Morrissey supports? That I’d let it influence who I vote for? Do you think all his fans are vegans as well? Anyone who lives their life by ‘what Morrissey says’ is pathetic. And well done for figuring out I’m a Tory by the way, that must have been hard!🤣

At least I like his music, which is more than I can say for most on here...
I don't live by what he says, but his singing did turn me vegetarian, which led to becoming vegan. It was gentleness and kindness in his voice that convinced me, to even stop eating "sea life".

The Meat is Murder song played in my head while I was trying to enjoy seafood chowmein in Chinatown, and called to me irresistibly.

I feel that the last posts on Central that actually read like Morrissey were the posts about his mother. This is just bizarre. That mid part where it shifts to the third person sounds like the kind of bland nonsense Fiona would write.

I didn't watch the video but the title makes no sense.
Indeed, fans are not (yet) anxious for another Morrissey album because we just got 3 and I am still listening to IANADOAC and occasionally CS.

But as I read it, the fallout with BMG is not about a new album, it is about BMG pulling out of its promise to re-release the older albums. Are fans really waiting for these re-issues? I was only interested in the re-issue of ROTT because I was under the impression that it would include a version of Please God on which you could hear more of Morricone's work.

Or was the original plan a re-issue of these albums on vinyl only?
It’s not about BMG , it’s over Mayfly.. fair and square...
morrissey and his great band do trudge on , like me and you in life...
every day is an opportunity... don’t look on the dark side my friend ...
look at it this way .....
morrissey will get a contract before you and I .....
We never panicked in 1939...
did we....

But Morrissey is lying, so you’re “totally agreeing” with absolute bullshit.
I agree with Morrissey. Even when I don't agree I agree with him being himself and showing us another path. You choose. You always choose, but for chosing you must have alternatives.

I agree with Morrissey. Even when I don't agree I agree with him being himself and showing us another path. You choose. You always choose, but for chosing you must have alternatives.
"another path"
LOL
All he is doing is making up a fake agenda, to get press and avoid any responsibility for his current, no label , state

Its shameful . Its desperate and sadly its what is now expected

Its clear this whole fuss is about BMG deciding not re release some lps.
I can see why he is upset . He was promised they would be released and now they aren't . The idea had been dropped . Morrissey, in that sense, has been dropped.

Still at least it takes his mind off his mom. He can redirect his anger- that is M's biggest skill redirection of anger.

The frustration at a situation, largely, of his own making is saddening.

That said, he must be where he wants to be,as where he is now is the obvious conclusion of his recent actions. He would have to be pretty messed up not to see it

"another path"
LOL
All he is doing is making up a fake agenda, to get press and avoid any responsibility for his current, no label , state

I can see why he is upset . He was promised they would be released and now they aren't . The idea had been dropped . Morrissey, in that sense, has been dropped.

Still at least it takes his mind off his mom. He can redirect his anger- that is M's biggest skill redirection of anger.

That said, he must be where he wants to be,as where he is now is the obvious conclusion of his recent actions. He would have to be pretty messed up not to see it
Drama alert.... morrissey, BMG. It’s all over... three albums in three years ..... can anybody tell me now , how many Bands, artists who have released three albums.......
in three years ...
Taylor swift, aria,grande ginger nuts,
Even sparks have only two top ten albums compared with mozzers three top ten uk albums ..... Carlislebaz knows the crack ....
Butcher how ya doing olde pal ... are you still alive or what......
when can I start taking the piss again ??????

I didn't watch the video but the title makes no sense.
Indeed, fans are not (yet) anxious for another Morrissey album because we just got 3 and I am still listening to IANADOAC and occasionally CS.

But as I read it, the fallout with BMG is not about a new album, it is about BMG pulling out of its promise to re-release the older albums. Are fans really waiting for these re-issues? I was only interested in the re-issue of ROTT because I was under the impression that it would include a version of Please God on which you could hear more of Morricone's work.

Or was the original plan a re-issue of these albums on vinyl only?
Did you mean Dear god please help me ??
I’m walking through Carlisle
With my heart on a string ,
Going to Carlislebaz flat
With a male hand on my knee🤫
If I could I would help you
Karen should be near
But I fear , hovis is here , still with his hand on my kneee....
Karen please help me .....
please help me .......
radio 2 now plays YOU HAVE KILLED ME .... I survive hovis unwanted hand... 🤗🤗

"another path"
LOL

ok, doctor.

That YOR reissue cover.... wha.... what... wha....? Moz must need new contact lenses or something at this point, that is just out and out cringe! I could smear crap on a sleeve and smudge it around and it’d look more presentable than that.
I don't know, bro. I hate the original cover so while I don't really care for this one being neutral is an improvement.

Agree. A sure sign that he's hanging on to the real world by the thinnest of threads at this point. The whole quote seems like something Dodwell would have written, but...attributed to him? It's just bizarre.
He forgot to sign out and switch accounts.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom