Morrissey Central THE RIGID RULES AND RESTRICTIONS OF ‘DIVERSITY' (November 25, 2020)

THE RIGID RULES AND RESTRICTIONS OF ‘DIVERSITY’
November 25, 2020

" When the new BMG Executive says he now wants a label of 'diversity', what he
actually means is he wants all of his artists to be exactly the same. Make no mistake, the
word 'diversity' is already trailing in the dust as an overused catchword that in fact means tighter restrictions and a fierce
exclusion of individuality. I have been dumped by BMG because I am TOO diverse for them. They cannot cope with an
artist such as Morrissey … who is, in fact, the very essence of diversity … whose lyrical concerns are multiple, different,
and who has been writing about all of our human differences since 1982. So, please don't be fooled into thinking the
word 'diversity' means varied and open; it has been warped to mean exactly the opposite. With these absolutely
incomprehensibly senseless new guidelines, I'll be surprised if BMG still exists in 18 months time. Or, if they do,
they'll be a label that no true artist would want to sign to. Perhaps this is what BMG prefers - a roster of artists
who are so diverse that you'll never be able to distinguish one from the other?"
Morrissey, November 2020.

"There are artists who feel abandoned by the record business yet are still producing new music which connects with an audience." Hartwig Masuch, BMG.

Morrissey World scrapped due to its 'narrow' appeal :

Related items:

Related articles (first link contains the quote cited by Central):

1.44 million people died from covid 19 this year. There are 1.3 billion catholics in the world, he wasn't living in england in 1570 when they were burning catholics at the stake. And the very idea that his possible homosexuality makes him diverse is laughable. He lives in goddamn los angeles. You can't throw a stick in LA without encountering a lgbtq- its not diverse. Even his style of music is not diverse. And for mr. I'm confused why white people are privileged try googling white privilege. I guess you just spaced out during the blm protests this year. Morrissey is a self obssessed self deluded asshole of the highest caliber, and the apologists on this site making excuses for him are some of the saddest losers ever to roam the earth. Morrissey would not even spit on you if you were on fire, yet you defend his every delusional "i am a victim" rant
The fact that, for you, the word 'diverse' is now anchored to colour, religion and sexuality, underscores Morrissey's point. Even the word 'diverse' is being funneled into a narrow range of definitions. It's possible to fully support the BLM movement (I do) and be concerned about the closing down of debate (I am). As an experiment, before starting a debate with someone, agree not to use the usual ists and isms; agree not to resort to logical fallacies; tackle each point as it rises (play the ball, not the man). If your 'argument' contains more insults (racist! misogynist! terf! white privilege! snowflake!) than it does factual counterarguments, then you're not having a debate; you're contributing to the collapse of intelligent discourse.

Don’t stay in a sad place
Where they don’t care how you are
Benny says “Hi”

Hope you’re all beshaving yourselves safely indoors.

🇬🇧:knife:🖐

Dear f**cking God, are you really as stupid as your post suggests? Are you really so f**cking stupid that you think an historical character's dialogue is offensive, and grounds for censorship? Are you really, seriously that f**cking stupid?

Good luck with your campaign to ban every other work of art in history that contains offensive terminology. Including Shakespeare, the Bible, and Dickens.
For f***s sake, the words f***.
f***.

What c***s like you want is the freedom to target minorities with impunity, and attempts to stop you from this action are met with the risible text we see above.

Your ignorance is no excuse for failing to directly address the points made in the posts you reply to.

No, on reflection I'm not being reasonable - your ignorance is an excuse.

Don’t stay in a sad place
Where they don’t care how you are
Benny says “Hi”

Hope you’re all beshaving yourselves safely indoors.

🇬🇧:knife:🖐

Hey Benny good to hear from you, are you ok now. Btw, Peter Hooks been posting some good videos from his place. Your lad should watch him playing The Perfect Kiss the bass playing toward the end is stunning!

The fact that, for you, the word 'diverse' is now anchored to colour, religion and sexuality, underscores Morrissey's point. Even the word 'diverse' is being funneled into a narrow range of definitions. It's possible to fully support the BLM movement (I do) and be concerned about the closing down of debate (I am). As an experiment, before starting a debate with someone, agree not to use the usual ists and isms; agree not to resort to logical fallacies; tackle each point as it rises (play the ball, not the man). If your 'argument' contains more insults (racist! misogynist! terf! white privilege! snowflake!) than it does factual counterarguments, then you're not having a debate; you're contributing to the collapse of intelligent discourse.

Right!

That's exacly what Morrissey would say.

I wish he could, personally, produce written content for Central.

Psycho babblin is your speciality. The only thing you can accomplish in life. Soon maggot will crawl out of your head for days and the real world will laugh at your demise.
🤒

one maggot will crawl out of the head for days? the one maggot will be moving in and out of the head??:crazy:
this will happen in the real world?:rolleyes:
is this skinny trying to make poetry?:blushing:

dont quit the dole just yet.:mad:

Dear f**cking God, are you really as stupid as your post suggests? Are you really so f**cking stupid that you think an historical character's dialogue is offensive, and grounds for censorship? Are you really, seriously that f**cking stupid?

Good luck with your campaign to ban every other work of art in history that contains offensive terminology. Including Shakespeare, the Bible, and Dickens.
🤒

very clever, you left off that dumb Koran. You know Skinny reads it daily:blushing:
you try to ban he will call out all bots.:mad:

Why would Morrissey need to put non angelo's on his album covers?
He puts who ever the heck he wants on his album covers (and t-shirts and backdrops and...), I stick to facts, not wishes. I'm just pointing at 3 facts:
a/ that from 83 to 2014, there's only been white people use as imagery.
b/2014-2015 saw him running his mouth in interviews that cause outrage.
c/ from 2014-2015 onwards (and AFTER, not before the outrage) he overflows us with non-white imagery.

And the photo-collage is too, too bad!

He puts who ever the heck he wants on his album covers (and t-shirts and backdrops and...), I stick to facts, not wishes. I'm just pointing at 3 facts:
a/ that from 83 to 2014, there's only been white people use as imagery.
b/2014-2015 saw him running his mouth in interviews that cause outrage.
c/ from 2014-2015 onwards (and AFTER, not before the outrage) he overflows us with non-white imagery.

And the photo-collage is too, too bad!
Ach who cares at the end of the day 😎

Are you a fan of Morrissey? Morrissey has been through a huge amount in his life. I see him as a strong survivor though not as a victim.

The LGBTQ+ community still has a long way to go. Sadly, there is still prejudice about this community.

Morrissey doesn't talk about his sexuality much but he says that he is "humasexual". People have thought that he might be bisexual. When Morrissey was growing up in the 1960s being gay was still illegal and not really talked about.

Morrissey has talked about his clinical depression and debilitating anxiety long before it was fashionable to talk about mental health problems. It is very serious and severe and does count as a disability.

I'm not a doctor or a psychologist or a psychiatrist. Morrissey has said that he has always been painfully shy. Some think he might be on the autistic spectrum although it was never officially diagnosed to my knowledge. When Morrissey was growing up in the 1960s very little was known about autism spectrum disorders.

Morrissey has also talked about his physical health issues.

Things have not been easy for Irish Catholics living in England. They used to have signs outside pubs which said "No Irish, No Blacks and No Dogs". The IRA used to bomb parts of England so people with Irish Catholics roots were given a really hard time. Morrissey's family are from the Republic of Ireland not Northern Ireland but he would of been aware of the troubles and the prejudice. People came to live in England from Ireland with the hope of a better life but it wasn't always better.

Morrissey still spends a lot of time in Manchester and Cheshire and has stayed true to his roots. He also travels a lot to places like LA and Switzerland. Having money doesn't bring happiness! Morrissey doesn't have any children of his own and that can bring sadness and pain. Morrissey has never married and with that brings loneliness.

Morrissey is still working-class even though he has made money. He will never be fully accepted by the Royal family, the aristocracy or the university educated upper middle-class and middle-class people. See the song "Working Class Hero" by John Lennon.

The house and working-class area where Morrissey grew up in Manchester has been knocked down by the local council in Manchester. A lot of it was council houses. Morrissey's school days sound like they were a nightmare and he was abused. Also he is from a broken home his parents got divorced which is always hard on the children.

This year has been really tough for Morrissey his beloved mother who was his life has died and his cat Dude died. Now he doesn't have a record contract. There is prejudice in the music industry about older men. If you aren't 21 it seems they view you as too old it is terrible. Older male artists have a lot to give in the music industry.
So, in other words... Morrissey gets a free pass to act like whiny little c***, simply because he’s had to live life? ...just like everyone else?

Fak Arf.

Hey Benny good to hear from you, are you ok now. Btw, Peter Hooks been posting some good videos from his place. Your lad should watch him playing The Perfect Kiss the bass playing toward the end is stunning!

Thank you Surface.
Getting there. I’m going to start gently riding my bikes again next week. I still have no taste or smell though which is really odd.
Im picking my Son up from Uni next Saturday we’re gonna celebrate his 21st from October (can’t wait to get him home) Bringing his bass so we’re gonna be busy :guitar:
I hope you and the family are well and we can all get back to live gigs soon.
Got our James tickets for Manchester (gonna book a top hotel and dance our legs down to our knees)

Benny ;)

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom