Morrissey Central THE RIGID RULES AND RESTRICTIONS OF ‘DIVERSITY' (November 25, 2020)

THE RIGID RULES AND RESTRICTIONS OF ‘DIVERSITY’
November 25, 2020

" When the new BMG Executive says he now wants a label of 'diversity', what he
actually means is he wants all of his artists to be exactly the same. Make no mistake, the
word 'diversity' is already trailing in the dust as an overused catchword that in fact means tighter restrictions and a fierce
exclusion of individuality. I have been dumped by BMG because I am TOO diverse for them. They cannot cope with an
artist such as Morrissey … who is, in fact, the very essence of diversity … whose lyrical concerns are multiple, different,
and who has been writing about all of our human differences since 1982. So, please don't be fooled into thinking the
word 'diversity' means varied and open; it has been warped to mean exactly the opposite. With these absolutely
incomprehensibly senseless new guidelines, I'll be surprised if BMG still exists in 18 months time. Or, if they do,
they'll be a label that no true artist would want to sign to. Perhaps this is what BMG prefers - a roster of artists
who are so diverse that you'll never be able to distinguish one from the other?"
Morrissey, November 2020.

"There are artists who feel abandoned by the record business yet are still producing new music which connects with an audience." Hartwig Masuch, BMG.

Morrissey World scrapped due to its 'narrow' appeal :

Related items:

Related articles (first link contains the quote cited by Central):

Hi, Benny!

Hope you're feeling well.
Thank you Moz Fan
I’m doing very well, almost there I hope.
Stay safe at home this Christmas/New Year is my advice to all on here.
We’re sadly going to be burying lots of our loved ones in February :(.

On a lighter note I need to get on my knees and confess to all on here that Knockabout World is a classic song that I now highly rate.

There is a light but not just yet.

Love, peace and harmomy.
Benny

🤞

Fake Butcher, "Nerak" is probably handling the new acct now.:rolleyes:
Skinny too busy censoring stuff.:mad:

Are you a fan of Morrissey? Morrissey has been through a huge amount in his life. I see him as a strong survivor though not as a victim.

The LGBTQ+ community still has a long way to go. Sadly, there is still prejudice about this community.

Morrissey doesn't talk about his sexuality much but he says that he is "humasexual". People have thought that he might be bisexual. When Morrissey was growing up in the 1960s being gay was still illegal and not really talked about.

Morrissey has talked about his clinical depression and debilitating anxiety long before it was fashionable to talk about mental health problems. It is very serious and severe and does count as a disability.

I'm not a doctor or a psychologist or a psychiatrist. Morrissey has said that he has always been painfully shy. Some think he might be on the autistic spectrum although it was never officially diagnosed to my knowledge. When Morrissey was growing up in the 1960s very little was known about autism spectrum disorders.

Morrissey has also talked about his physical health issues.

Things have not been easy for Irish Catholics living in England. They used to have signs outside pubs which said "No Irish, No Blacks and No Dogs". The IRA used to bomb parts of England so people with Irish Catholics roots were given a really hard time. Morrissey's family are from the Republic of Ireland not Northern Ireland but he would of been aware of the troubles and the prejudice. People came to live in England from Ireland with the hope of a better life but it wasn't always better.

Morrissey still spends a lot of time in Manchester and Cheshire and has stayed true to his roots. He also travels a lot to places like LA and Switzerland. Having money doesn't bring happiness! Morrissey doesn't have any children of his own and that can bring sadness and pain. Morrissey has never married and with that brings loneliness.

Morrissey is still working-class even though he has made money. He will never be fully accepted by the Royal family, the aristocracy or the university educated upper middle-class and middle-class people. See the song "Working Class Hero" by John Lennon.

The house and working-class area where Morrissey grew up in Manchester has been knocked down by the local council in Manchester. A lot of it was council houses. Morrissey's school days sound like they were a nightmare and he was abused. Also he is from a broken home his parents got divorced which is always hard on the children.

This year has been really tough for Morrissey his beloved mother who was his life has died and his cat Dude died. Now he doesn't have a record contract. There is prejudice in the music industry about older men. If you aren't 21 it seems they view you as too old it is terrible. Older male artists have a lot to give in the music industry.
LOL.
The writing of someone who gets all their knowledge from the internet and has probably never ever been to the UK

Morrissey has had an easy life bar his own personality

Hi Benny, pleased your well and back , I have missed ya.... ssshhhh
Don’t tell anyone....
Best wishes... Mara4kingonna😜

Hi Benny, pleased your well and back , I have missed ya.... ssshhhh
Don’t tell anyone....
Best wishes... Mara4kingonna😜
Not back yet, I still get tired (or lazy)
Thanks for taking the time and I promise not to yell.
Have you and your Daughter tickets for The Brickyard 26th Nov 2021 ?
Hopefully by then we will be free. Free to be human and free to be loved.
Take care Bazza :thumb:

PS Stay safe indoors
Love, peace and harmony

Ssshhh

Benny ;)

Oh, Lord, the wee soul. It was going to be a long road.
Do you know what happened to Viva Hate and who is HengeBoy?

You say that Morrissey is a poor wee soul. Are you trying to sound Scottish? Morrissey looks quite tall to me he looks about six foot. I think he is quite wealthy these days. Maybe you mean poor in spirit not in material wealth.

Not back yet, I still get tired (or lazy)
Thanks for taking the time and I promise not to yell.
Have you and your Daughter tickets for The Brickyard 26th Nov 2021 ?
Hopefully by then we will be free. Free to be human and free to be loved.
Take care Bazza :thumb:

PS Stay safe indoors
Love, peace and harmony

Ssshhh

Benny ;)
Who’s on 26th nov 2021.....
I can only presume it’s the Symths, if so they’ve been there a few times in the last 5-6 years... but each time I’ve been working.....
But in any case if your there , and if you wanted to ........
Then we could meet up ....
How bizarre but hilarious....
I’m the type of chap that loves real ale, then shorts , I know all the special places ... so this time next year perhaps ... it’s a date then

Who’s on 26th nov 2021.....
I can only presume it’s the Symths, if so they’ve been there a few times in the last 5-6 years... but each time I’ve been working.....
But in any case if your there , and if you wanted to ........
Then we could meet up ....
How bizarre but hilarious....
I’m the type of chap that loves real ale, then shorts , I know all the special places ... so this time next year perhaps ... it’s a date then
I’ve been on the site and nothing , I can see for 2021 , in November....

Whiney little bitch, ain't he?

Why doesn't he spend his own money to get records out, in exactly the kind of non-diverse way he likes? He could do things just exactly the way he wants to do. So why doesn't he?

Oh, that's right, he won't spend his own money.

I told you all last year that when it hits him in the wallet he's going to start whining.

I was, and still am, right. Nothing matters for Morrissey except money. Nothing.

You've all been played.

P.S Who would have thought that being a right-wing asshole doesnt sell? La Dodwell says his fans will still buy the product. Then go ahead, spend money, and see what happens. He won't do that. It's his own money.
“You’ve all been played”
Yet here he is 🙄

LOL.
The writing of someone who gets all their knowledge from the internet and has probably never ever been to the UK

Morrissey has had an easy life bar his own personality
:rolleyes:

Melvis you never made it to Poland, did your?:lbf:
still stuck in the caravan feeding on pizza pops:straightface:
this new "butcher" has lived all of his short life
in Scotland.🤒

Hey Benny good to hear from you, are you ok now. Btw, Peter Hooks been posting some good videos from his place. Your lad should watch him playing The Perfect Kiss the bass playing toward the end is stunning!

Ey up Surface, I've been watching and playing along. Never gets old playing the perfect kiss solo part. Shame about The Light being pushed back another year.

:rolleyes:

Melvis you never made it to Poland, did your?:lbf:
still stuck in the caravan feeding on pizza pops:straightface:
this new "butcher" has lived all of his short life
in Scotland.🤒
Brexit is Brexit.

"Does being Scottish bother you?" Morrissey.

"England for the English"

#ForBritain

Ey up Surface, I've been watching and playing along. Never gets old playing the perfect kiss solo part. Shame about The Light being pushed back another year.
Not long now pal 😁
See you on Saturday.

Dad aka Benny 🇬🇧 :knife:

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom