The Simpsons - "Panic on the Streets of Springfield" (airing April 18, 2021) - reminder / reports

UPDATE Apr. 18:

Posted after the airing:

Official Morrissey Facebook: Simpsons Response (April 19, 2021)

The Simpsons ("Panic on the Streets of Springfield" season 32, episode 19) premieres Sunday April 18, 2021.

An extended cut to air on Hulu (link posted by Neal Cassidy):

UPDATE Apr. 18:

full

Related items:
* = this link/page was deleted from Central - April 25, 2021.

That's kind of what I fear - a wistful end where Lisa has to let go of her imaginary friend because he's a bit dodgy.

Unless they've researched deeper & have decided to be brave.
So you’ve seen a “Lisa episode” of the show before and are in absolute denial about your man-child hero. The world is laughing at you.

It's already been promoted on the official Morrissey facebook page, so presumably it's already been seen and got Moz/Sam's approval.
They don’t need their approval. ...and Melvis would promote Ghislane Maxwell, provided she had his face on her shirt.

They don’t need their approval. ...and Melvis would promote Ghislane Maxwell, provided she had his face on her shirt.
Sure - but I doubt Sam would promote it, if it was portraying Morrissey in a manner they didn't approve of. They sure as hell didn't promote 'England is Mine'.

It's already been promoted on the official Morrissey facebook page, so presumably it's already been seen and got Moz/Sam's approval.

Yeah, well, so was that Shoplifters film...

It is probably more likely that SER has seen the mass posting by 'superfans' of Uncle-like imagery, the assertion that its done by loving fans and Cumberbatch being attached to it - all fits with the t-shirt post mentality and makes for relatively positive new.
Parody seldom needs clearance from the person being parodied especially if there's efforts to not use real music, real imagery and sticking the word 'Springfield' in to everything achieves that - as does 'jangly' music not dissimilar to The Smiths (completely different case if it was a satire piece).
I seriously doubt if an advance copy was sent anywhere for 'approval' - Sam is just riding other's information.
But what do I know - I'm certain there will undoubtedly be someone better informed...
Psychic even.
FWD.

I seriously doubt if an advance copy was sent anywhere for 'approval' - Sam is just riding other's information.
But what do I know - I'm certain there will undoubtedly be someone better informed...
Psychic even.
FWD.
It is normal procedure for celebrities on The Simpsons to voice themselves, rather than get someone else to impersonate them. I wouldn't be surprised if the producers approached Morrissey first, and he saw a script months ago, before turning it down.

Screenshot_20210419-011556~2.png

My report is a visual one ;)
See the downloads section in about 5 mins.
Regards,
FWD.

(@Nerak - you may have been right - the ending isn't something Central would associate itself with).

Morrissey pelted off stage while attempting to sing a few songs from his new album “Refugees? Again?”

I laughed.

Just watched...it's sadly a hit job....It was horrible...slander at its best and i hope legal action is made ...basically defiled him as a racist in the most direct means possible

I wouldn't.
Where else could it have possibly gone? The moment the narrative was steered towards Lisa going to see modern-day “Quilloughby," it was pretty obvious what the punchline was going to be. Not much room for nuance over the course of a 20-minute cartoon.

I was wonderfully wrong!

It was hilarious and in its own twisted way a tribute that ended with a well-deserved slap!

Hahahahahahaaaaa

Wow...this fake/lies/stupidity hit piece could have been made in the ‘80s...’90s...’00s...’10s...but they waited to the ‘20s to do it...wow. No more Simpsons for me.

if it is truly a Simpson's producers love letter to Morrisey and The Smiths, how long before cancel culture decides to claim The Simpsons once and for all.

60 minutes later...

Just watched...it's sadly a hit job....It was horrible...slander at its best and i hope legal action is made ...basically defiled him as a racist in the most direct means possible

Does the irony ever play out in any other way?

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom