The Smiths added to iTunes

I know what you mean. I think I tunes is awful myself.

itunes files have no DRM.
It does show the email address of the person who bought the file. But that's the only thing. And that's easily removable.

Hmm... I never even realised The Smiths weren't on iTunes. I just assumed they must be on it, especially as I've downloaded Morrissey from there before. This would certainly explain why I wasn't able to download the artwork for The Smiths' album covers though.

Out of curiosity, does anyone know if there was some kind of convoluted reason why it's taken so long for The Smiths to get up there (such as with The Beatles)? Or are they just not seen as important enough to bother with? (Although I'm obviously somewhat biased in my opinion, I find it hard to believe the latter to be the case.)

I'm sure most if not all the Smiths albums used to be on the Australian iTunes store - then when The Sound of The Smiths came out they all disappeared. Then some single releases got added. Recently the albums (nearly) all reappeared again, but they evidently seem to have been available here for a bit longer than elsewhere.

Don't know if they're the remasters or not. Availability on iTunes is down to the labels - I don't think Apple care too much. They make their money selling hardware. Which might be why there are many duplicate entries at different prices - the Oz store has the double version of TSOTS at $20.99 and $53.99!

itunes files have no DRM.
It does show the email address of the person who bought the file. But that's the only thing. And that's easily removable.

Sweet!

I'm still not getting an iPod though. Not made of money!

(And iPod Shuffle is the dumbest invention in the history of time)

Back
Top Bottom