The Smiths-Complete Super Deluxe Collectors Box?

I'm still holding out hope that some will be available here in the States.

"THE COMPLETE SMITHS CATALOGUE PRESENTED IN A STUNNING ‘TRUNK-STYLE’ BOX. INDIVIDUALLY NUMBERED AND STRICTLY LIMITED TO 3000 WORLDWIDE".

How funny, if I ordered all the 3 Formats (Super Deluxe,Cd and Vinyl Box Sets) postage would be the same in any case (£ 28 in my case).
Cheers Moz

wait another few years....it'll be re-released again, again and again...and in another few years time later it'll be re-released again and suddenly this box set will suddenly become "meaningless" and cheap as chips.

Mr Marr, simply remastering a few of your Smiths songs will do nothing for the majority of us. If you want some merchandising, then do what the Sex Pistols did....t-shirts, keyrings, badges, posters, mugs etc.

. If you want some merchandising, then do what the Sex Pistols did....t-shirts, keyrings, badges, posters, mugs etc.

YES.

I wish they had packaged a limited edition t shirt(with a nice vintage print), unreleased live vinyl, keychains, stickers and badges instead of the boring complete picture dvd, LP/Single covers poster and CDs.

No remaster will ever sound as good as the original Rough Trade CDs ... The Sound Of The Smiths is all the proof I need.

wait another few years....it'll be re-released again, again and again...and in another few years time later it'll be re-released again and suddenly this box set will suddenly become "meaningless" and cheap as chips.

Mr Marr, simply remastering a few of your Smiths songs will do nothing for the majority of us. If you want some merchandising, then do what the Sex Pistols did....t-shirts, keyrings, badges, posters, mugs etc.

How about they professionally release some of those live shows....either the videos (Paris/Spain, etc) or "Rank" in its entirety?

I've ordered the Deluxe Collectors Boxset from Rhino. I might cancel it and order from Recordstore as it'll save a tenner as shipping is free from both sites within the UK. I'd love to order the Vinyl and CD boxsets too but that would be too much. Call me a mug.

And now that its official the box will contain no unreleased tracks, I expect a FLOOD of them to be showing up in all the usual places.

And now that its official the box will contain no unreleased tracks, I expect a FLOOD of them to be showing up in all the usual places.
You mean more unreleased tracks being leaked? Please elaborate, sounds great!!

What's with this remaster? The Marr/Arkwright remaster was the one heard on the newest compilation, but also on the previous four vinyl rereleases, right? Or was that a different remaster?

In a moment of madness I am gonna order all the 3 Format otherwise I ll never be fully happy and be able to sleep well at night. Very expensive but they would look stunning on the shelf in my bedroom......
Cheers Moz

HMV has it for £223. Their shipping fee to Europe is £ 2.50 by regular air mail while at Rhino you have no other option apart from the courier service. I wonder how HMV can only charge so little for such a heavy (if not very heavy) product. And than get it in what conditions.....
Cheers Moz

HMV has it for £223. Their shipping fee to Europe is £ 2.50 by regular air mail while at Rhino you have no other option apart from the courier service. I wonder how HMV can only charge so little for such a heavy (if not very heavy) product. And than get it in what conditions.....
Cheers Moz

HMV base their web mail order operation in the Channel Islands to avoid / evade paying VAT - with VAT at 20% HMV could be selling it for around £210 - so I guess the extra £13 will be for postage.

Dave

Last year i bought the Joy Division Deluxe Boxset from Rhino. It was a must have, because it belongs to my collection. But the boxset was very boring und in poor quality. Only a little piece of paper, a bad plastic artwork, two little promo cds... They had delivery problemes and send me first the wrong box. Then they send me two things to complete the box, so you dont have a sealed box. I must paid more shipping costs for that and so on... So, i decided never buy anything from Rhino again! The only good thing is, that the boxset was limited to only 500, so that the value rises a lot. But if i look to the Smiths set, maybe i make an exception and buy it. But for that price?! :crazy:

You're complaining about Rhino, but the box you bought from them is already worth twice what you paid for it. They didn't charge you extra shipping for sending out the bonus material, which is what I assume you're referencing with "I must paid more shipping costs for that and so on". They stepped up to the plate and made it right. I actually got two sets of the bonus material, as my box was already the limited one.

Tags
complete boxset deluxe boxset
Back
Top Bottom