The Smiths "Musically Speaking"

Irregular Regular

Forget my fate.
Well I suppose it is that time of the year...
I have put together this 9 track compilation spanning their entire career.
There is a twist though, these are The Smiths as you have never heard them before.
And I promise you one or two surprises too. :)

So turn off the lights, get your headphones on and enjoy!

https://www.sendspace.com/file/f1i4p1

Here is the cover I made for it...

15pjs5t.jpg

Happy Xmas to one and all!

Last edited:
Holy Moly. Complete WOW at number 5. Where did this come from? Splendid Xmas present. I have the Some Girls, Shoplifters, but not No.5.

Excellent work. See how long No.5 takes to get onto Youtube under someone else's name.

Holy Moly. Complete WOW at number 5. Where did this come from? Splendid Xmas present. I have the Some Girls, Shoplifters, but not No.5.

Excellent work. See how long No.5 takes to get onto Youtube under someone else's name.

The tooth fairy left it under my pillow some time ago... ;)

Thanks Peter, I believe most of these have been available for some time, but I don't think many will have heard tracks 5 or 6.

What I personally like about this compilation is how cohesive all these songs sounds when played back to back and in this particular order.
The quality of the music itself and that of the musicians playing it really shines through.
I believe this showcases the ability of the other 3 members of The Smiths perfectly, all these tracks stand up in their own right exactly as they are, and it is quite incredible that they cover almost the full extent of the band's life.
I often listen to this compilation in the car, 35 minutes or so of pure bliss.

The tooth fairy left it under my pillow some time ago... ;)

Thanks Peter, I believe most of these have been available for some time, but I don't think many will have heard tracks 5 or 6.

What I personally like about this compilation is how cohesive all these songs sounds when played back to back and in this particular order.
The quality of the music itself and that of the musicians playing it really shines through.
I believe this showcases the ability of the other 3 members of The Smiths perfectly, all these tracks stand up in their own right exactly as they are, and it is quite incredible that they cover almost the full extent of the band's life.
I often listen to this compilation in the car, 35 minutes or so of pure bliss.

Rourke's bass on this version of QID is killer. Quality stuff. Almost makes you yearn for.............a reunion.

Last edited:
Do you remember about this time last year when an absolute avalanche of unheard stuff was posted? Here's hoping our friend Mr. I.R has continued an annual trend others may follow.

Thanks a lot IR.
Queen is Dead is really awesome.
"Charming Man " & "Stop Me" are mix from the "Multi Tracks available or new inst demos ?
Thanks again

Rourke's bass on this version of QID is killer. Quality stuff. Almost makes you yearn for.............a reunion.
Fabulous, but he and Joyce where JUST the rhythm section you know? Ten a penny apparently.

Additionally....so far I never understood why Marr was so insistent on saying how ''Strangeways'' is a game-changer for them.

Now hearing the instrumental Stop me, I think i see what he meant. What a truly a forceful band. And I know, because i'm a musician ;)

I really enjoyed this. Thank you for sharing.

Do you remember about this time last year when an absolute avalanche of unheard stuff was posted? Here's hoping our friend Mr. I.R has continued an annual trend others may follow.

You must still have some stuff stashed away? Why not lead by example?

Well I suppose it is that time of the year...
I have put together this 9 track compilation spanning their entire career.
There is a twist though, these are The Smiths as you have never heard them before.
And I promise you one or two surprises too. :)

So turn off the lights, get your headphones on and enjoy!

Smiths.zip

Here is the cover I made for it...

15pjs5t.jpg

Happy Xmas to one and all!

thanks! yes great order too ! QID so weird(luv it). Merry X !

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom