The Smiths nominated for Rock 'n Roll Hall of Fame 2016

An anonymous person sends the link:

Janet Jackson, Nine Inch Nails, N.W.A Nominated for 2016 Rock Hall of Fame - Billboard

Excerpt:

Janet Jackson, Chic, The Smiths, Nine Inch Nails and N.W.A are among the 15 finalists on this year's ballot for the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame, organizers have announced.

Others to make the nominated class for the 2016 Rock Hall are The Cars, Chicago, Deep Purple, Cheap Trick, the J.B.’s, Chaka Khan, Los Lobos, Steve Miller, The Spinners and Yes.

...The public has until Dec. 9 to cast votes on the final inductees. The top five acts will comprise a "fans' ballot" that will make an impression along with those of the 800 artists, historians and music industry professionals who make up the Rock Hall voting body.

Also, from Detritus:

Nominated for the second year in a row.

Rock Hall of Fame: Janet Jackson, N.W.A, NIN, the Smiths Lead Nominees - Rolling Stone

Links from Mr Delaney:

N.W.A., Janet Jackson, Nine Inch Nails, the Smiths Nominated for 2016 Rock Hall of Fame - Pitchfork
The Smiths, NWA and Janet Jackson among nominees for 2016 Rock And Roll Hall Of Fame - NME

Since we, the public, can cast a vote, I suggest we all do! :)

2016 Rock and Roll Hall of Fame Nominee Fan Vote! - Rock & Roll Hall Of Fame

Link posted by bored:

Nine Inch Nails, The Smiths nominated for Rock and Roll Hall of Fame Class of 2016 - Consequence of Sound

Link posted by an anonymous person:

Could The Rock And Roll Hall Of Fame Be The Place That The Smiths Finally Bury The Hatchet? - NME
by Lisa Wright

Related item:

Last edited by a moderator:

marred

ok i have to be honest, i want the smiths to get into the RRHOF only for the drama that would ensue

Yeah that would be the only interesting part of it. Something like when Billy Corgan slagged off the RnRHOF when they inducted Pink Floyd. It was funny.

docinwestchester

A

Anonymous

The Smiths did not make the cut and will not join Deep Purple, Cheap Trick, and NWA at this years ceremony. Really they should just put Morrissey in it. Ice Cube could have written a new verse to Ganglord for the end of the night jam.

Top Bottom