The Smiths on VH1 Classic 2 SEP 09

bored

Lust a prima vista
VH1 Classic is running a special... 100 concerts in 100 days...

The Smiths will be featured on 2 Sep 09 with BBC Crown Jewels and Whistle Test on The Road.

Full Schedule is here:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/feature.html?ie=UTF8&docId=1000409161

If this is redundant let me know and I'll delete/merge. I did a search and found nothing.

T

therightone

Thanks bored! I will want to record that to watch some night when I can actually sit down and not fall asleep. :rolleyes:

celibate

Forever Ill
VH1 Classic is running a special... 100 concerts in 100 days...

The Smiths will be featured on 2 Sep 09 with BBC Crown Jewels and Whistle Test on The Road.

Full Schedule is here:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/feature.html?ie=UTF8&docId=1000409161

If this is redundant let me know and I'll delete/merge. I did a search and found nothing.

why not Killburn,Rank is taped there, I bet they made footage also

or whatever live gig

not just a show, and a lame doc.

bored

Lust a prima vista
Thanks!
Does it say anywhere what time it's on?? :confused:

I haven't looked yet.
We were watching it last night and they had a quick flash of many of the bands that would be performing and they showed a very young Morrissey singing. I went and looked it up from there.

I will look a little closer when I'm home. I have all of this content already but it will be nice to get it on the tivo in best quality and send it to the computer.

kissmyshadestoo

Nobody ever looks at me twice
I checked the entire VH1 Classic schedule on Cablevision here in NJ and it doesn't appear to show this.....its looks like a TON of Beatles stuff today???

Mars_Rover

Thanks for the heads-up. I was pleased and surprised to see a clip of The Smiths in the promotions for this "100 concerts in 100 days" thingie, and wondered when the happy day would come. :guitar:

Peeks

I was going to log on here today to actually ask if anyone knew when it would air, I saw the commercial a bit ago and kept checking to see if it was on..I can't believe I missed it!!:tears:

jwizjam

It is on 11 a.m. and 11 p.m. Unfortunately I do not get VH1 Classic channel. I hope somebody records this and posts a link. Enjoy those lucky enough to get it.

Peeks

Oh I see, I had no idea they aired two different concerts on the same day, I should've checked AM. Lame. We should email them and ask them to air it again:p

Look the smiths are on the main page too http://www.vh1classic.com/

-Edit-

I just checked the schedule just to see if it aired or not and it's not even on there I guess Vh1 is nuts or something:confused:

Last edited:

Mars_Rover

Peeks, it's the same concert at 11 am and 11 pm. The Smiths weren't on yesterday, they showed Paul McCartney instead. Today and tonight they're showing a brilliant concert film called Rock City - performances from London in the late 60's, folk like Cream and Blind Faith and Cat Stevens...

All of which begs the question: when are they showing the Smiffs!!

mozza5426

i looke at the VH1 classic schedule and i couldnt see it there, but the others that were scheduled were there, very odd!! hope someone has recorded it so we can get it on here!

in_a_loveless_world

Gentle Misfit
i looke at the VH1 classic schedule and i couldnt see it there, but the others that were scheduled were there, very odd!! hope someone has recorded it so we can get it on here!

I havent seen any Smiths on the schedule either:confused:

karriemoz

I DON'T EAT MY FRIENDS!
Even though it is probably the same thing they aired a few yrs back on VH1 Classic's "BBC Crown Jewels", I stayed up last night well past my bedtime, WAITING for it, only to see Paul McCartney on there instead! WHAT GIVES! WHERE'S THE SMITHS?! :mad: Very disappointing as it was my bday as well! ;)

Mars_Rover

I don't see an e-mail address to contact VH1 Classic either, do y'all? I want to know whether they are going to show The Smiths concert or was this all a cruel hoax. You know: set up the sad-sacks and watch them fall.

Top Bottom