The Smiths on VH1 Classic 2 SEP 09

bored

not bitter but bored
VH1 Classic is running a special... 100 concerts in 100 days...

The Smiths will be featured on 2 Sep 09 with BBC Crown Jewels and Whistle Test on The Road.

Full Schedule is here:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/feature.html?ie=UTF8&docId=1000409161

If this is redundant let me know and I'll delete/merge. I did a search and found nothing.

As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
Thanks bored! I will want to record that to watch some night when I can actually sit down and not fall asleep. :rolleyes:

VH1 Classic is running a special... 100 concerts in 100 days...

The Smiths will be featured on 2 Sep 09 with BBC Crown Jewels and Whistle Test on The Road.

Full Schedule is here:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/feature.html?ie=UTF8&docId=1000409161

If this is redundant let me know and I'll delete/merge. I did a search and found nothing.

why not Killburn,Rank is taped there, I bet they made footage also

or whatever live gig

not just a show, and a lame doc.

As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
Thanks!
Does it say anywhere what time it's on?? :confused:

I haven't looked yet.
We were watching it last night and they had a quick flash of many of the bands that would be performing and they showed a very young Morrissey singing. I went and looked it up from there.

I will look a little closer when I'm home. I have all of this content already but it will be nice to get it on the tivo in best quality and send it to the computer.

I checked the entire VH1 Classic schedule on Cablevision here in NJ and it doesn't appear to show this.....its looks like a TON of Beatles stuff today???

Thanks for the heads-up. I was pleased and surprised to see a clip of The Smiths in the promotions for this "100 concerts in 100 days" thingie, and wondered when the happy day would come. :guitar:

it was probably on but if they are airing it at 2 30 that would have been 2 30 am ....monday night .....crap

I was going to log on here today to actually ask if anyone knew when it would air, I saw the commercial a bit ago and kept checking to see if it was on..I can't believe I missed it!!:tears:

It is on 11 a.m. and 11 p.m. Unfortunately I do not get VH1 Classic channel. I hope somebody records this and posts a link. Enjoy those lucky enough to get it.

Oh I see, I had no idea they aired two different concerts on the same day, I should've checked AM. Lame. We should email them and ask them to air it again:p

Look the smiths are on the main page too http://www.vh1classic.com/

-Edit-

I just checked the schedule just to see if it aired or not and it's not even on there I guess Vh1 is nuts or something:confused:

Last edited:
Peeks, it's the same concert at 11 am and 11 pm. The Smiths weren't on yesterday, they showed Paul McCartney instead. Today and tonight they're showing a brilliant concert film called Rock City - performances from London in the late 60's, folk like Cream and Blind Faith and Cat Stevens...

All of which begs the question: when are they showing the Smiffs!!

i looke at the VH1 classic schedule and i couldnt see it there, but the others that were scheduled were there, very odd!! hope someone has recorded it so we can get it on here!

i looke at the VH1 classic schedule and i couldnt see it there, but the others that were scheduled were there, very odd!! hope someone has recorded it so we can get it on here!

I havent seen any Smiths on the schedule either:confused:

Even though it is probably the same thing they aired a few yrs back on VH1 Classic's "BBC Crown Jewels", I stayed up last night well past my bedtime, WAITING for it, only to see Paul McCartney on there instead! WHAT GIVES! WHERE'S THE SMITHS?! :mad: Very disappointing as it was my bday as well! ;)

I don't see an e-mail address to contact VH1 Classic either, do y'all? I want to know whether they are going to show The Smiths concert or was this all a cruel hoax. You know: set up the sad-sacks and watch them fall.

Back
Top Bottom