The Smiths - Recollections

I Don't Owe You Anything...except my gratitude. ;)

Last edited by a moderator:

There are some dedicated collectors and completists on Solo who could put this together but even so, this is quite a haul - I was wondering if OP was an insider.

Thank you for sharing. A very nice collection indeed.

I'm interested in the sources of some of these recordings, particularly those in the "Unreleased" folder.

1. The "Jeane" 1982-82 demo seems to be the same version that was shared on YouTube by "Mr.Demos" in early January? Same with the "unreleased 1983 demo" of "What Do You See In Him?".
2. Where is the instrumental version of Handsome Devil taken from?
3. Is the "demo" of "Reel Around The Fountain" the Troy Tate version that was included on the 7" in the Complete Deluxe Set?

Thank you for sharing. A very nice collection indeed.

I'm interested in the sources of some of these recordings, particularly those in the "Unreleased" folder.

1. The "Jeane" 1982-82 demo seems to be the same version that was shared on YouTube by "Mr.Demos" in early January? Same with the "unreleased 1983 demo" of "What Do You See In Him?".
2. Where is the instrumental version of Handsome Devil taken from?
3. Is the "demo" of "Reel Around The Fountain" the Troy Tate version that was included on the 7" in the Complete Deluxe Set?
It was fan made and shared (not created) by Irregular Regular here in 2016 where it was added to their 'Musically Speaking' compilation.
It was labelled as 'Peel Session inst.' in the Debut Era NHS and the source is most likely that version with the vocal level reduced to almost nil.
Regards,
FWD.

Thank you so much!
I see on the collection #2 that there are folders 1,2, and 4.

I applaud your hard work but question your Dewey Decimal system. Why would you include songs that were part of The Queen Is Dead in the Meat Is Murder era?

Back
Top Bottom