The Smiths: The dirtiest break-up in rock history?

Re: errrrrrr

No no no, they were with Morrissey in the 1988 Wolverhampton gig along with Craig Gannon (if you know who he is) and they all actually feature on a couple of Morrissey solo videos too! They left because of the court proceedings and that's how the whole break up happened! Rourke was the last to leave as he partly wrote the bassline to "Girl Least Likely to"
Well yes i know about Wolverhampton etc.but as i said in the beginning im not into The Smiths so im no expert here.

No no no, they were with Morrissey in the 1988 Wolverhampton gig along with Craig Gannon (if you know who he is) and they all actually feature on a couple of Morrissey solo videos too! They left because of the court proceedings and that's how the whole break up happened!
Well yes i know but im talking about the way things started.So i wont change my opinion about Johnny Marr.

Well I'm just saying that Johnny said nothing to Joyce or Rourke about breaking up and leaving Morrissey. He was quite happy with them staying with Morrissey.
I honestly think Morrissey, Gannon, Rourke and Joyce would have stayed touring and probably kept together if Morrissey had rightly paid some certain members.

Last edited by a moderator:

Well yes i know about Wolverhampton etc.but as i said in the beginning im not into The Smiths so im no expert here.

You just rambling about Smiths break up with limited knowledge, then you should stop posting this thread.

You don't know the whole story, yet keep glorifying Morrissey blindly which is so pathetic.

I don't think Morrissey's that angry at Rourke, I actually do feel sorry for Rourke.
He even has to join tribute Smiths bands to make some money, poor guy :(
As i said before,i dont know:),he seems more decent person than Joyce.

I agree with Kewpie, she's right...I might not post an awful lot, but I know my Smiths knowledge

You just rambling about Smiths break up with limited knowledge, then you should stop posting this thread.

You don't know the whole story, yet keep glorifying Morrissey blindly which is so pathetic.
And so?The whole story is Johnny Marr was jealous,behaved in awful way,left and blamed it on the Morrissey.And thats the whole story.I like Morrissey and what you dont like Morrissey...?

I agree with Kewpie, she's right...I might not post an awful lot, but I know my Smiths knowledge
the name of this site is Morrissey-solo or am i wrong?Its not The Smiths site so...

It's for Smiths fans too, this is the offical site for The Smiths also.

Bleh...ive been talking how the break up started...so dont try to outsmart me here...taking my words out of context blahhhh

Well I'm just saying that Johnny said nothing to Joyce or Rourke about breaking up and leaving Morrissey. He was quite happy with them staying with Morrissey.
???Do you really believe in this?

I've just kindly said how they split up and Kewpie agreed
http://www.google.co.uk/webhp?hl=en...67&aq=f&oq=Morrissey+solo&fp=a73fa2ac306dd28e
As you will see it says Morrissey AND The Smiths related news below the link, so it IS official to The Smiths
No she doesn't hate Morrissey, she knows much more about him than me or you.

Edit: I don't believe that Johnny said to Rourke or Joyce to split up, look on the site....Read books! It's featured nowhere!

Last edited by a moderator:

Do you hate Morrissey?

Your attitude is wrong.

All the people are imperfect, but you only slag off others, not Morrissey.

Aknowledging Morrissey's unsavory side isn't equal to hate him, but you don't understand the basic human conditions.

Last edited:

I've just kindly said how they split up and Kewpie agreed
http://www.google.co.uk/webhp?hl=en...67&aq=f&oq=Morrissey+solo&fp=a73fa2ac306dd28e
As you will see it says Morrissey AND The Smiths related news below the link, so it IS official to The Smiths
Well i was annoyed coz you said that i dont know things yet i wrote here that"The Last of the Famous International Playboys" and "Ask"are my fave songs...as for the link,well the name of this site is Morrissey-solo so...

Your attitude is wrong.

Aknowledging Morrissey's unsavory side isn't equal to hate him, but you don't understand the basic human conditions.
Why my attitude is wrong?Do i have to post link for you what the word "Fan"means?I am his fan so my attitude is ok:http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fan_(person)

Your attitude is wrong.

Well i agree that all people are imperfect,but it doesnt change the fact that its Johnny Marr who left not Morrissey,so here Johnny Marr showed his"unsavory"side...you dont walk away without a word because you are"tired"...This is ridiculous.And i dont have to "understand"human conditions but i understand that if Johnny Marr didnt leave The Smiths wouldnt split.It doesnt take Einstein to understand it,so i dont know why blaming Morrissey???

Last edited:

He didn't leave WITHOUT talking, all four of them met up in some cafe and Johnny Marr said it in front of them all. He didn't just walk off and say no. Morrissey and Marr are good friends, they went to court together against the drummer Joyce. Rourke was with Joyce for a while, but quickly left when he had enough money to cover himself because he was up to his eyeballs in debt...Gannon, well that's another story, hell knows why he wanted any money!

Secondly I'm getting bored of your comebacks, stop arguing with us and be quiet....Morrissey was in The Smiths first! And THIS IS an official Smiths site, look on google and type in official Smiths website, there isn't one....that's because it's here and always has been I've been here a bit longer than you, Kewpie has been here certainly a lot longer than you, almost every member has been longer here than you and certainly aren't disagreeing with me and Kewpie. So let's just stop this ridiculous argument!

Back
Top Bottom