The Smiths to be included in 'Rock Band 3'

the_kaz

The Smiths (This Charming Man) and Morrissey (Suedehead) have both been featured in the 'Singstar' series on the Playstation, and now The Smiths are finally getting some appreciation in 'Rock Band' with 'Stop Me If You Think You've Heard This One Before'! I'm sure that it's too much to ask for a 'Rock Band: The Smiths' (like 'Rock Band: The Beatles', 'Rock Band: Green Day', etc), but this is a good start! Hopefully they'll feature in 'Guitar Hero' next!

The full track-listing for the game can be found here:
http://cinemablend.com/games/Rock-Band-3-Song-List-Revealed-26494.html

Good. Any medium that can spread the message is good enough.

I knew nothing of The Smiths until I watched an episode of "Charmed" one evening when I just came home from a job I hated. Eating pizza. Crying.
Even though it was a (bad) cover, I instantly recognised it as a brilliant tune, and looked it up on google. I couldn't believe I had never heard of them before.

Finally The Smiths are on Rock Band!

Last edited by a moderator:
"Everyday is like Sunday" is also featured on the Playstation series of Singstar. I noticed the song when our sixth-form had singstar on the big screen and everyone was having a go, except me!

I really enjoy playing the Rock Band drum kit. It can be a lot of fun pounding away on them. I have Rock Band 2 and Rock Band Beatles. The Beatles one is ok but not as good as just the regular Rock Band games. :guitar:

I don't think that piece will be going in my collection.:lbf:

so now that Morrissey will be on Rock Band

What do you think will happen

Can someone send a copy of Rock Band to his real band so they can learn how to play the songs? Tx.

Re: so now that Morrissey will be on Rock Band

I think he will be on Rock Band.

(What is Rock Band?)

It's a video game series which essentially turns your games console into a karaoke machine, but with drumming and guitars as well as singing.

rock-band-game-2.JPG

Rockband is rad. I totally love it. :o

The Smiths (This Charming Man) and Morrissey (Suedehead) have both been featured in the 'Singstar' series on the Playstation, and now The Smiths are finally getting some appreciation in 'Rock Band' with 'Stop Me If You Think You've Heard This One Before'! I'm sure that it's too much to ask for a 'Rock Band: The Smiths' (like 'Rock Band: The Beatles', 'Rock Band: Green Day', etc), but this is a good start! Hopefully they'll feature in 'Guitar Hero' next!

The full track-listing for the game can be found here:
http://cinemablend.com/games/Rock-Band-3-Song-List-Revealed-26494.html

Why hopefully? Why would you want the smiths in this stupid game? A game where you need no musical skill whatsoever so you can imitate a musical genius like Marr? The thing about being the Smiths fandom is we actually don't need it to be the center of attention in the world of pop culture. That's the charm of it. It just sits there quietly while being loud at the same time.

Why hopefully? Why would you want the smiths in this stupid game? A game where you need no musical skill whatsoever so you can imitate a musical genius like Marr? The thing about being the Smiths fandom is we actually don't need it to be the center of attention in the world of pop culture. That's the charm of it. It just sits there quietly while being loud at the same time.

Well would you look at this, it's another moronic Rock Band-hater. Seriously, get a grip. It's a game, it's fun. It's not trying to replace the music industry and real musicians, it's a little bit of fun and allows us to appreciate the music we love in a different, more interactive way.

The Beatles: Rock Band wasn't just an incredibly fun game, it was very true to the Beatles and had an impressive attention to detail, it really was a celebration of their music and a Smiths version would be just as good, no doubt about it.

I disagree. I play guitar and can play a few smiths songs, but sometimes I just want to rock out on a fake guitar. Like Iarwain said, "it's a little bit of fun and allows us to appreciate the music we love in a different, more interactive way." I'm sure Johnny Marr doesn't care that people can play his songs on a video game.

I love video games, but I hate guitar hero and rock band style games. But I love that they exist. Because now, thanks to Beatles Rock Band, we have access to the cracked, decrypted multitracks of 45 Beatles songs. And multitracks of Smiths songs is something worth... far more than gold. Heheheh.

No skill? Obviously you've never played the drums for that game. Or Vocals!:guitar:

Back
Top Bottom