The Smiths to be included in 'Rock Band 3'

Why hopefully? Why would you want the smiths in this stupid game? A game where you need no musical skill whatsoever so you can imitate a musical genius like Marr?

Is that what you say to people who play football games, because they're not actually using real footballing skills? And racing games? And games where you go out in space and save the universe? Jeez Louise...

And, just for the record, the new Rock Band (and so most likely the next Guitar Hero too) will have instruments that more closely resemble the real things, and a "pro mode" in which you're basically learning to play the instruments for real (in the most fun way possible) as you progress through the game and it gets harder. Not that the earlier editions of Rock Band and Guitar Hero didn't require any skill, of course.

Last edited:
Okay, so last night my friends and I got a little liquored up (Try buying Wii points typing in credit card numbers and address verification innebriated with the vibrating remote control, that's how much we love Morrissey. :p) and played the new Smiths songs on Rockband 3. It comes with This Charming Man which we played instruments on and it was fun. We had to purchase and download Stop Me If You Think That You Heard This One Before and Irish Blood, English Heart whis was so worth it. The songs aren't edited down like some of them are, they are complete. So like I say we were a bit toasted but it was loads of fun. Here's my awesome scores singing: :D

This Charming Man, Expert level 95%
This Charming Man, Expert level BLINDFOLDED 99% :thumb:

Stop Me, Expert level 99%

Irish Blood, English Heart, Expert level 96% (It's soo hard for girls because you have to change octave mid song, that's my excuse anyway. And I screwed up the "Oliver Cromwell" part, according to Rockband he's warbling all over the place on "Oliver".)

Tons of fun. :p Can't wait to do it again.

I would love to stump for a Rock Band game for my Xbox but the thing is I dont know if it would be worth it seeing as the number of artists I like on these games is minimal. Can one download new songs and artists to have a go on?

I finally played Rock Band 3 last night! Had such an awesome time playing Stop Me...! Such a great laugh, especially with drums and someone singing! :D

We also played Buzz, and a question popped up in which "The Smiths" was a possible answer. Brilliant night! :guitar:

Back
Top Bottom