The Smiths to reunite for 2020 tour promoted by Live Nation?

A trusted source has sent the following:

Concert industry insiders, not authorized to speak publicly, say concert giant “Live Nation” has won the rights for the long-awaited Smiths reunion to happen next year. We know what you’re already singing to yourself (“stop me if you think that you’ve heard this one before”), but because dates and venues are already said to be in the “plotting stage,” this would indicate that a Morrissey-Marr reunion is closer than ever to becoming a reality. There’s no word yet on if all four original members will share the concert stage. Morrissey just completed his “California Son” tour. According to his website, Johnny Marr has no upcoming shows scheduled. Keep your fingers crossed and stay tuned.

Johnny Marr's Twitter response when asked regarding this story - Twitter (November 6, 2019), link via @ordinaryboy86:

Media coverage:
Related item:

Last edited:
I guess somewhere in the world someone thinks it's April 1st.

*Smiths are dead

3B25072D-0442-4F43-B964-B48F5842F858.jpeg

That's because Marr would show everyone what a mediocre band Moz has assembled around him.

Johnny Marr has been irrelevant since 1987. You can find thousands of better guitar players, who can play a diversity of styles. Marr could never afford Moz current band.

Moz clears more cash selling the Hollywood Bowl on his own and doesnt have to split the profits with the ingrate Johnny "I Jumped the Shark" Marr.

If this were to happen it would be a genius move on the part of Morrissey’s management. What better way to rid him of the negative publicity than by revisiting the genius of Morrissey/Marr. It’s a crazy world we live in right now, so why can’t the Smiths reunite at Coachella and then tour after?

I will eat my beret if Joyce is involved. He jilted Moz and took his money. In his world that's unforgivable.

What I can see happening is Moz doing an almighty volte-face, renouncing his current position on various political issues, in order to sell tickets and keep that moolah rolling in.

I told you before - it's all about the money - always has been, still is.
but you'd "be there like a shot", right?

If this were to happen it would be a genius move on the part of Morrissey’s management. What better way to rid him of the negative publicity than by revisiting the genius of Morrissey/Marr. It’s a crazy world we live in right now, so why can’t the Smiths reunite at Coachella and then tour after?

Because it'd be a terrible move on the part of Marr's management?

the kind of awful people who must go to Coachella don't deserve that

Johnny Marr has been irrelevant since 1987. You can find thousands of better guitar players, who can play a diversity of styles.

And yet, for some reason Morrissey manages to avoid these thousands of better guitar players and saddles himself with people like Boz (bog-standard pub-band level strummer) and Jesse (a f***ing embaressment to guitar players everywhere). I genuinly think he doesn't want anyone that talented on the stage alongside him, and is scared of anyone else getting any attention. Faceless nobodies out back, and His Majesty's Voice out front, being worshipped by the adoring fans. I can't see Morrissey willing to step back into a genuine equal band partnership again - his ego wouldn't allow it, not even for an enormous payout.

i wonder how morrissey's planning to prepare his testicles, maybe in a dutch oven or air fryer?

"I would rather eat my own testicles than reform The Smiths, and that's saying something for a vegetarian"
Dying in a ditch, eating your own testicles. If you're a true c*** you'll say anything.

Johnny Marr has been irrelevant since 1987. You can find thousands of better guitar players, who can play a diversity of styles. Marr could never afford Moz current band.

Moz clears more cash selling the Hollywood Bowl on his own and doesnt have to split the profits with the ingrate Johnny "I Jumped the Shark" Marr.
Does everyone on here who’s felching for Melvin have two monikers? The desperation is palpable.

Back up the hole with you, Vegan Shit-splat.

You’ve never bought an album, or attended a show by anyone in your life.

Any reunion tour would last right up until Johnny goes into his dressing room on opening night, and discovers that Morrissey expects to dictate his choice of stage-wear each night, and has opted for a pair of bollock-squeezing speedos with 'Britain First' written across his chest in marker pen.

And yet, for some reason Morrissey manages to avoid these thousands of better guitar players and saddles himself with people like Boz (bog-standard pub-band level strummer) and Jesse (a f***ing embaressment to guitar players everywhere). I genuinly think he doesn't want anyone that talented on the stage alongside him, and is scared of anyone else getting any attention. Faceless nobodies out back, and His Majesty's Voice out front, being worshipped by the adoring fans. I can't see Morrissey willing to step back into a genuine equal band partnership again - his ego wouldn't allow it, not even for an enormous payout.

Johnny Marr could not afford either Boz or Jessie, both are out of his class.
Step back? Johnny Marr was Moz sidekick. He always been a sidekick until this disastrous recent 'solo' career.

WTF?????????????:rage:

:handpointright::guardsman::handpointleft: MANAGEMENT?????????? o_O
must have meant the Missus.:bride:, thats DramaJ mgmt FFS:lbf:
(WAS his mgmt:()

the Dramatic One has been irrelevant for decades:rock:
Moz closed up the handout office back in 1987.:thumb:

No more easy money for the 3 lawnmowers while Moz does all the work.:cool:

Genius??????? :handpointright::guardsman::handpointleft:???????:crazy:

is this DramaJ mgmt? (the Missus:lbf:)

Johnny Marr could not afford either Boz or Jessie, both are out of his class.
Step back? Johnny Marr was Moz sidekick. He always been a sidekick until this disastrous recent 'solo' career.

Right, during Johnny's appearances at Glastonbury with the Killers and his own set, he probably played for more people in one day than Moz did his whole tour. Not to mention the 3 million plus YouTube views for those appearances.

The one having the disastrous solo career is the Mozzer. Can you read?

Never say never.... The Eagles also said they would reunite when "hell freezes over"... the Van Halen brothers reunited with Diamond Dave decades after they broke up... Bauhaus just reunited for a few gigs... if the money is right, the fish will bite!

Does everyone on here who’s felching for Melvin have two monikers? The desperation is palpable.

Back up the hole with you, Vegan Shit-splat.

You’ve never bought an album, or attended a show by anyone in your life.

Melvis the Pizza Pop is a :handpointright::guardsman::handpointleft: butt boy.doh: Figures.:sweet:

Skinny Surface why are you so worried if I bought an album or not? All you pseuds are
always with the same thing. I got standards enough not to buy sucko DramaJ albums :highfive:

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom