The Smiths to reunite for 2020 tour promoted by Live Nation?

A trusted source has sent the following:

Concert industry insiders, not authorized to speak publicly, say concert giant “Live Nation” has won the rights for the long-awaited Smiths reunion to happen next year. We know what you’re already singing to yourself (“stop me if you think that you’ve heard this one before”), but because dates and venues are already said to be in the “plotting stage,” this would indicate that a Morrissey-Marr reunion is closer than ever to becoming a reality. There’s no word yet on if all four original members will share the concert stage. Morrissey just completed his “California Son” tour. According to his website, Johnny Marr has no upcoming shows scheduled. Keep your fingers crossed and stay tuned.

Johnny Marr's Twitter response when asked regarding this story - Twitter (November 6, 2019), link via @ordinaryboy86:

Media coverage:
Related item:

Last edited:

Concert industry insiders, not authorized to speak publicly, say concert giant “Live Nation” has won the rights for the long-awaited Smiths reunion to happen next year. We know what you’re already singing to yourself (“stop me if you think that you’ve heard this one before”), but because dates and venues are already said to be in the “plotting stage,” this would indicate that a Morrissey-Marr reunion is closer than ever to becoming a reality. There’s no word yet on if all four original members will share the concert stage. Morrissey just completed his “California Son” tour. According to his website, Johnny Marr has no upcoming shows scheduled. Keep your fingers crossed and stay tuned.
NEVER gonna happen. Not with Rourke. Not with Joyce. ...and MOST definitely not with Johnny.

You know it’s over.

:p

I will eat my beret if Joyce is involved. He jilted Moz and took his money. In his world that's unforgivable.

What I can see happening is Moz doing an almighty volte-face, renouncing his current position on various political issues, in order to sell tickets and keep that moolah rolling in.

I told you before - it's all about the money - always has been, still is.
LOL

I will eat my beret if Joyce is involved. He jilted Moz and took his money. In his world that's unforgivable.

What I can see happening is Moz doing an almighty volte-face, renouncing his current position on various political issues, in order to sell tickets and keep that moolah rolling in.

Get eating your flat cap coz it’s happening. Minus Marr ha

Morrissey will never be on the same stage with Johnny Marr. He has never even allowed him a guest spot. Marr guests with everyone BUT Morrissey, who bars him from his stage.
He’s banned every single talented musician and proper expeditor that’s ever worked with him. He’s a whining little bitch.

...and somehow you think Johnny Marr has ANY desire to be in the same room as the bowl-swirling f***-tard?

This is pure, click-bait nonsense for the nonsensical.

You sure are thicker than a hippos butt. Of course Joyce will be involved. The Monkees will be the support act with Ringo and Paul McCartney joining them.

Lol..calm down..it's fake news.
A nice romantic notion but no, it won't happen.

If you believe there's nothing up this sleeve
Then nothing is cool...o_O

After Morrisseys right wing populism Johnny Marr will never reunite with him. His political views in these days are disturbing and unacceptable.

A reunion will never happen.

Johnny Marr is getting better in his solo performances buy including smiths songs and some new interesting solo stuff. I am looking for a new tour.

I could actually see this as a possibility of happening, a one and done tour, then everyone goes back to their separate ways, everyone saves face, everyone wins, everyone is fabulously rich beyond their wildest dreams......

Morrissey can eat an extra large bag of dicks.

That is a strange reason to be a Smiths fan, it being all about the money but whatever floats your boat.

Can’t see it being a tour.

Maybe four shows.. NYC LA London and Manchester.

This Smiths reunion (minus Mike) will be a great way to promote Morrissey’s new 2020 album and world tour.

:cool:
Morrissey loves the stage and adoration, and may probably want to do shows where he fiddles with the set list, probably more than 4, maybe 12

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom