The Smyths Winter 09 and 2010 dates

Smythssinger

Autumn's falling around our ankles and Winter's knocking on the door. Cold nights are great for gigs so here's what The Smyths have lined up for the rest of the year...

DECEMBER
Saturday 5th December - Arlon, Belgium - L'Entrepot
Given that European Christmas Markets are popular destinations for Brits in December, should some of you be in Belgium or Germany for such a trip, then why not consider a detour to Arlon and our first show in the lowlands since 2006. Arlon is the last stop before Luxembourg on the train from Bruges.
€8 advance €10 door http://be.fnacspectacles.com/place-...ock-TRIBUTE-AUX-SMITHS--THE-SMYTHS--ENTRI.htm

Friday 11th December - South London - The Venue
£7 (Men) £0 (Ladies - before 11). Very sexist door pricing we think!

Saturday 12th December - Putney, The Half Moon
Given the sad news that (barring a reprieve) the venue will close in January, with a heavy heart we write that this will be our last ever gig at what was the scene of our first show back in 2004.
Almost every show has been a sell-out and this being the last, a full-house is almost certain., so advance booking is STRONGLY ADVISED.
The band will play two sets.
£10 .00 http://www.ticketweb.co.uk/user/?region=gb_london&query=detail&event=351754&interface=halfmoon

Saturday 19th December - Kilburn, London, The Good Ship
THIS SHOW IS NOW SOLD OUT. A reserve list is being collated. Please contact [email protected] to join the list.

So, 2009 has been a year that most would like to forget - economically - and we were aware of the recession when we decided to halve the number of shows we play. The result has been to keep the band fresh and feisty
and extend our life as a band by 60 years!

Looking ahead to 2010 - here's the list so far - including a much requested return to Manchester!

Saturday 9th January 2010 - ISLINGTON, Feeling Gloomy at The Bar Academy
Friday 22nd January 2010 - SOUTHAMPTON, The Brook with RE:Order
Saturday 23rd January 2010 - BRISTOL, Klub Kute @ The Cooler
Saturday 6th February 2010 - NOTTINGHAM, The Rescue Rooms with RE:Order Tickets £10
Saturday 27th February 2010 - DARLINGTON, The Forum
Sunday 28th February 2010 - LEEDS, The New Roscoe
Friday 12th March 2010 - MANCHESTER, The Ritz with RE:Order
Saturday 13th March 2010 - TAMWORTH, The Assembly Rooms
Saturday 20th March 2010 - ST ALBANS, The Horn
Saturday March 27th 2010 - EDINBURGH - Venue TBC (JUST ADDED)
Saturday 10th April 2010 - DERBY, The Flowerpot
Friday 21st May - PORTSMOUTH, The Wedgewood Rooms with RE:Order
Friday 1st October - ANKARA, TURKEY - venue TBC
Saturday 2nd October - ISTANBUL, TURKEY - venue TBC

More dates to follow.

Stay Handsome!

Last edited:
A massive thank you to all who came to our shows at The Wedgewood Rooms in Portsmouth, Friday and The Horn, St Albans, last night. As ever your support was considerable, noisy and brilliant. The band appreciate your turning out in such large numbers once more - especially given the inclement weather!
We are delighted to announce a return date for Portsmouth with St Albans to follow in the next few days:

Friday May 21st 2010: Portsmouth Wedgewood Rooms
Juen 2010 TBC: St Albans, The Horn

For both shows we expect, once again, to be playing alongside the brilliant REorder whose sets this past weekend were great.

Derby next! See you on Saturday lovely Flowerpot folk!

Graham - The Smyths

www.thesmyths.net

Please support our adopted cause: http://www.seashepherd.org/

Last edited:
Just added! A return date at The Flowerpot, Derby, following the sell-out show this past weekend. The show will take place on Saturday April 10th 2010.
Thanks to everyone who made the last show yet another full-house.

Yo Graham,
Any 2009 material made it into your setlist?
It was shame you never included any new stuff in 2006 but, looking back, the quality of the songs wasn't great. 2009 stuff is certainly an improvement so I hope you manage to include a song or two.
And yes, I know you are mainly about playing Smiths songs!
Cheers.
Mr E

Yo Graham,
Any 2009 material made it into your setlist?
It was shame you never included any new stuff in 2006 but, looking back, the quality of the songs wasn't great. 2009 stuff is certainly an improvement so I hope you manage to include a song or two.
And yes, I know you are mainly about playing Smiths songs!
Cheers.
Mr E

Yes, 2009 featured in our sets since September. "The Youngest..." was discussed and 'All You Need.." too, thereafter. Given that Morrissey has not- to the best of my knowledge- played "It's Not Your Birthday Anymore" I would love to add that......

Yes, 2009 featured in our sets since September. "The Youngest..." was discussed and 'All You Need.." too, thereafter. Given that Morrissey has not- to the best of my knowledge- played "It's Not Your Birthday Anymore" I would love to add that......

It's Not Your Birthday has actually been played live by Moz, but only once. shame on you for not knowing! would love to hear you guys give it a go.
glad to hear you're including 2009 stuff. will try to get along to the Putney show in Dec...

It's Not Your Birthday has actually been played live by Moz, but only once. shame on you for not knowing! would love to hear you guys give it a go.
glad to hear you're including 2009 stuff. will try to get along to the Putney show in Dec...

Thank you for enlightening me. I am happy to accept there's plenty in this world I don't know. Come the next pub quiz, can I have you in my team?

Re: The Smyths Winter 09 and 2010 dates -UPDATE 2/12/09

Show information update 2/12/09

Our show for The Good Ship has now sold out.
Thankyou to everyone who's coming.

With the closure of the venue likely, our show at the Half Moon will almost surely be our last there. Tickets are selling fast for this one so if you're planning to come we strongly advise booking in advance.

Graham - The Smyths

Back
Top Bottom