the soap thread

(Hopefully) resurrecting this glorious thread with a clip from Grace Dent's latest column.

Let's hear it for the Graham Proctor love!

Only the cruellest heart would wish bad luck upon Coronation Street's latest business venture, Graeme Proctor: Garden Doctor. "I've done fire. It's time I moved on to earth," announced arsonist turned horticulturist Graeme this week, before unveiling his new company car, a wonky rickshaw, similar to something a clown might pedal into a big top parping a comedy horn. I love Graeme. I would trust him implicitly with my rhododendrons. From the moment I first set eyes on him, repenting at leisure in his young offenders' cell bunk over a hasty decision to burn down his gran's house, I knew his heart wasn't entirely in this being bad malarkey.

Full article here...

Words of wisdom from Blanche, "In my day, if something went wrong, you stayed at home, got drunk and bit on a shoe" or something along those lines.

I just tried to watch Monday's Enders. WHY must they torment me so? It was the Truemans, the Masoods and Bianca's lot and honestly it made me want to cut myself very deeply. I'm so sick of that crappy show. If it wasn't for Christian I'd be off.

I'm just glad that Ronnie & Roxy have been given the week off. They seem to be brought in as a stopgap when better characters are given a couple of weeks off! They really grate on my nerves, the way they analyze e-v-e-r-y damn thing.

In other news, how do you all feel about Sam Mitchell coming back? Daniella Westbrook returns...

In other news, how do you all feel about Sam Mitchell coming back? Daniella Westbrook returns...

Hang on..... wasn't she replaced by a fitter looking bird..... one with a whole nose as opposed to one with a hole in her nose:D
Wasn't Westbrook married to some 'other famous (for 5 minutes) celebrity' for about 3 weeks?:rolleyes:

Jukebox Jury

I don't mind Ronnie but Roxy gets on my nerves. Not keen on Sam coming back either too many Mitchell girls and Roxy and Sam are pretty much the same personality wise. Eastenders goes from bad to worse.

I don't mind Ronnie but Roxy gets on my nerves. Not keen on Sam coming back either too many Mitchell girls and Roxy and Sam are pretty much the same personality wise. Eastenders goes from bad to worse.

I bet the script writers are falling over themselves to be the first to get Peggy to say the line
''We're Mitchulw's and we stick togev-vah'':rolleyes:

Jukebox Jury

That's true, there will be a lot of Mitchells around when Sam comes back won't there? Perhaps it will be time for the herd to be thinned out a bit, Walford style. I forsee another long spell in "Ibiza" for Ronnie, or Roxy, or whoever elses' contract is up soon :blushing:

Didn't Sam and Ricky have a thing going back in the 90s? Maybe she's going to be squaring off with Bianca in a very special hoe-down show-down Christmas episode :D

I hope Sam kills Ronnie off or something. Anything to get that weepy hag off the show.

I had to hunt for this thread! I just wanted to praise the Enders a bit as I was previously so vile about it, but it has been on good form of late. Particularly enjoying the Christian/Syed story - I like the way they've handled that. Hope Syed manages to lose the beard and come out of the closet as they'd be the best looking couple on that show...not that the competition's up to much, mind.

Archie - who I particularly loathe - is tolerable at the moment, mainly due to the fact that he's gonna get murdered at Xmas but hopefully he'll have a good story to go leave on. I'm not even gonna comment on Sam, the whole thing is beneath contempt. I heard they were writing her out though? The Lucas thing was good too! He's actually been acting quite well. That Owen gets on my nerves though. For some reason I am LOVING the story with Shirley selling the drugs out of the ice cream van, it's always the lols when Enders tries to do a drug storyline. As she said to Jack: 'Jack and jills, marching powder - I want in.':lbf:

Also, did anyone hear the thing about Kevin Webster 'threatening' to leave Corrie over a storyline where he chose Molly over Sally despite Sal having breast cancer? Just f*** him off, who cares. I'd sooner watch Umed mess about with his doorbell.

Luke Strong - RIP. You were crap, but I'll miss you.

Eastenders was so funny last night when Peggy and Pat got hammered, shame Phil and Shirley didn't see the funny side....I guess with Phil being an alcoholic...and Shirley worried about her van..but still I would couldn't have kept a straight face. Drunk people make me laugh especially when they're laughing.

I like Archie, he will get engaged to Janine as Janine changes sides and goes with Archie instead of that Ryan, who quite frankly, is pretty lame in my opinion. Sam Mitchell looks like a trollop, glad to see she's ditched the 80s look now though. Ronnie and Roxy are prettier.

Heard about the actor who plays Kevin Webster doesn't want Kevin to leave Sally because of her cancer scare. I don't know if she actually does have cancer and when Sally finds out about Kev's affair with Molly, she wants a divorce. I think Kevin should leave snobby, bossy boots Sally for Molly. I know people hate the Molly and Kevin storyline but I like it.

Also, I know who the father of Heather's baby is thanks to the credits on the BBC Eastenders website for either Thursday or Friday's episode. If you wanna know just go and see. I also know who's blackmailing Syed.

Also, I know who the father of Heather's baby is thanks to the credits on the BBC Eastenders website for either Thursday or Friday's episode. If you wanna know just go and see. I also know who's blackmailing Syed.

I was amazed when it was Lucy - it makes no sense cos she's tight with Christian. Loving that story though - will be the lols when Zenab finds out.:thumb:

Darren and Evah :sick: lol - oh, the mental image :confused:

btw..that baby should have been cabbage patch!

heather2.jpg
heather.jpg

Quote of the year was provided by Christian last night: "You know what they say, where there's greenery there's queenery." :lbf:

Quote of the year was provided by Christian last night: "You know what they say, where there's greenery there's queenery." :lbf:

Twas good. I swear syed is getting more good looking by the day.
Ian's baby bollocks is annoying though, and archie can stick his wasps up his arse. Also, you shouldnt soap spoil about things coming up, it's not fair on the innocent.

Tanya looks like she's swallowed Oscar.:rolleyes:

And Christian is so fit there should be a law against it.

What's up with Syed's super-duper-white porcelain veneers? They are too much - when he smiles it is distracting!

LOL @ Heather/Cabbage Patch picture. Ahh, poor Heather.

Kevin & Molly on Corrie are still making me heave. Kevin Webster, Colin Farrell you are not. Although the whole affair did give Sally a great line about watching Molly swan about the Rovers in her little black dress at a birthday party :lbf::lbf::lbf:

Tags
blanche=god christian=babe ton-eh is sexy
Back
Top Bottom