the soap thread

The best actors this week were Christian in Enders and Roy Cropper in Corrie.

Ian Beale hitting on Tanya Branning made me chuckle.

I missed a lot of Corrie recently so I'm not sure what's going on with Tony/Roy but I'm sure I'll catch up. However I heard that Gail Platt marries Home To Roost man but he doesn't stick around too long. Poor Gail, that'll give her the long face..

Ian Beale hitting on Tanya Branning made me chuckle.

I missed a lot of Corrie recently so I'm not sure what's going on with Tony/Roy but I'm sure I'll catch up. However I heard that Gail Platt marries Home To Roost man but he doesn't stick around too long. Poor Gail, that'll give her the long face..

tony had a heart attack and thought he was going to die so confessed to roy, who took him into hospital (a likely story, but hey).
Roy keeps telling tony to fess up, so tony wants to off him.

Klever Kitchens is such a rubbish character. Get rid! I heard nicky platt is coming back soon, and he's gonna be the david beckham guy off footballers wives.

Aww, thanks for the catch up LuvMozzy, that's sweet!

I hate Klever Kitchens. In fact, I think everybody does. While I'm at it, Peter Barlow's son is annoying. :swear: But I enjoyed when Blanche met Lucy's dad - oh, Blanche!

While I'm at it, Peter Barlow's son is annoying. :swear:

That's insane, Simon Barlow is ace. All the soap kids are rubbish at the moment, although special mentions go out to Hamster Kid Branning, Lucas's son ("eh, did you hear Micheal Jackson died innit?") and Amy Barlow/McDonald for their crapness.

I'm a bit obsessed with Peter Barlow at the moment and in particular the time he said to Leanne 'right, let's get this lasagna plated up then.' :)

I just don't like precocious kids - and by gum is he prococious! Amy Barlow IS a bit crap, but so was Tracy when she was growing up. Don't worry, she will go nuts once she turns 15!

Do you remember when Peter first met Lucy in the flower shop, there was a sign outside saying something like "this way to Lucy's back entrance". Oh, good times.

Enoyed Corrie last night, really looking forward to the opening of Bar Low shortly. Nice to see Peter back on the sauce! What happened to the bookies though??? This storyline with Becky and the baby is really shoddily put together - Steve leaves her because she won't have kids and then...she has one! That's a nice message for no one. Also not long til the demise of Klever Kitchens now, he is a goon but it has been nice to watch him twitch his way into the grave. Fed up with the whole Molly/Tyrone/Kevin situation now, and Dev/Sunita and the kids that he was supposedly seeing every other Saturday for the last five years. Great writing, reminds me of Neighbours.:rolleyes:

Enders: f***ing hell, are they joking? It was bad enough having to go thru Archie's funeral last week, and then they go and hit me with the 'auditions' for the Vic last night. That whole scene was pathetic, although there was a nice shot of Christian gurning with a toothpick in his mouth and the scenes with his new boyfriend were quite amusing. :) Mitchellwatch: I used to think Janus was a c*** but now I realise she's actually quite a good actress doing her best with a rubbish script and a stupid character. This new Daniel Mitchell is another pleb - he's not really related to them, is he? I think it's further flim flam from Makepeace and Reg.

Also, what were they trying to do with Dotty last night? Why do they bother with those scenes? And Doctor Alfie and his 'mates' from Cornwall? I literally glaze over whenever he's on. I think I actually miss Archie, that's how bad things are.

Enoyed Corrie last night, really looking forward to the opening of Bar Low shortly. Nice to see Peter back on the sauce! What happened to the bookies though??? This storyline with Becky and the baby is really shoddily put together - Steve leaves her because she won't have kids and then...she has one! That's a nice message for no one. Also not long til the demise of Klever Kitchens now, he is a goon but it has been nice to watch him twitch his way into the grave. Fed up with the whole Molly/Tyrone/Kevin situation now, and Dev/Sunita and the kids that he was supposedly seeing every other Saturday for the last five years. Great writing, reminds me of Neighbours.:rolleyes:

Enders: f***ing hell, are they joking? It was bad enough having to go thru Archie's funeral last week, and then they go and hit me with the 'auditions' for the Vic last night. That whole scene was pathetic, although there was a nice shot of Christian gurning with a toothpick in his mouth and the scenes with his new boyfriend were quite amusing. :) Mitchellwatch: I used to think Janus was a c*** but now I realise she's actually quite a good actress doing her best with a rubbish script and a stupid character. This new Daniel Mitchell is another pleb - he's not really related to them, is he? I think it's further flim flam from Makepeace and Reg.

Also, what were they trying to do with Dotty last night? Why do they bother with those scenes? And Doctor Alfie and his 'mates' from Cornwall? I literally glaze over whenever he's on. I think I actually miss Archie, that's how bad things are.

You don't complain much do you?!

I think Eastenders has been pretty poor for a long time now. I miss Archie was one of the best characters, if not the best, in the soap. Now we have his gormless looking son who by the way is a spitting image of Syed so now we kinda have 2 Syed's in Eastenders no wonder Amira ended up kissing him, she probably mistook him for Syed.

Corrie is good, I like the Kevin/Molly storyline I think they're a great couple and they should be together. It will be good when Joe dies and Gail begs him not to go.

SOAP SPOILERS (don't read on if you don't wanna know);

Lucy Beale gets pregnant, Ian is furious, Jane is happy as she wants to raise it as her own.

Gail ends up sharing a cell with Tracy Barlow. The police think she played a part in Joe's death.

Natasha shocks everyone by confessing to the police that she killed and buried her husband (or Faye's husband) Mark.

LOL!
I hope that one about gail and tracey is true.
The only thing I want to see in eastenders is a f***fest between syed and christian.
Corrie is good. was disappointed about becky and the baby; thought her reasons for not having one were sound.
Was exciting when peter drank that wine. But boyzone guy! ARGH! Get rid.

No, not much. :) But to be fair they are giving me the material to work with.

I was in the Spar earlier and noticed that Grant was one one of the faces on the front of TV Quick/Inside Soap as one of the suspects for Archie's murder. Is he really coming back or is it just flim flam? I don't trust these soap spoiler magazines, it's like Peter Andre's "dignified silence" all over again.

No, not much. :) But to be fair they are giving me the material to work with.

I was in the Spar earlier and noticed that Grant was one one of the faces on the front of TV Quick/Inside Soap as one of the suspects for Archie's murder. Is he really coming back or is it just flim flam? I don't trust these soap spoiler magazines, it's like Peter Andre's "dignified silence" all over again.

I have a habit of going into the newsagents just to read the soap magazines and I read off them and I stand in the shop and read them and no-one ever says anything to me so I just carry on.

I saw Grant's face as well and on another one I saw Sean Slater so who knows. Usually the magazines are right, if they actually say that he'll be returning then he will be but I doubt he will have killed Archie. Sean is also a suspect by the way.

Another spoiler................. I heard Sonia sleeps with Phil. First I was shocked that she would do this but now I'm thinking isn't she supposed to be married to Martin?!!!

I was more amazed that the words

''We're Mitchulls, we stick togevvah'' was not uttered once in the short time I watched it. I thought those five words were compulsory in each scene:squiffy:

Jukebox Jury

Eastenders - also featuring:

"Woss goin orn?" (per episode)

"I fought we was gunna make a fresh start?" (weekly)

Eastenders - also featuring:

"Woss goin orn?" (per episode)

"I fought we was gunna make a fresh start?" (weekly)

I swear the sciptwriters in Eastenders have a something akin to a swearbox by where every time they mention "the family" they're given a fiver.

Best soap/ coninual drama at the mo? DOCTORS. f***ing amazing. Crap acting, ludicruous storylines, and shot in HD.

Corrie is the best written, by a country mile and Eastenders depresses me. But I watch it occasionally. (like once a week!! when a match like Fulham v Portsmouth is on the football)

I miss Brookie

I swear the sciptwriters in Eastenders have a something akin to a swearbox by where every time they mention "the family" they're given a fiver.

Best soap/ coninual drama at the mo? DOCTORS. f***ing amazing. Crap acting, ludicruous storylines, and shot in HD.

Corrie is the best written, by a country mile and Eastenders depresses me. But I watch it occasionally. (like once a week!! when a match like Fulham v Portsmouth is on the football)

I miss Brookie

Doctors hahahaha :lbf: that was crap, used to watch it at lunchtime when i was at school. Is Mal still in it?

The bird from Makepeace is my definition of a GILF. Grandmother I'd Like To....

And I'm new to this thread (I think) so I'm just gonna post the best ever bit in any soap of all time. Bouncer's Dream. (Theres a f***ing Facebook site devoted to it as well)

um bit of a problem, Channel 4 have blocked the content?!?!?!

Anyway thus I give you Harold's lunatic Earl Of Doon dream as well is Neighbours any good since it went to Channel 5?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IKVvA7pweyc

Doug and Jim tripping off magic mushrooms.... f***ING PROPER. You must remember Neighbours in its height had 15 to 20mil viewers in the UK at 5:30pm (key moments at 00:20 and 01:36 sec) Bonus points if you can name Stefan Dennis's hit single

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hst_wjVjidk

Hang on..... wasn't she replaced by a fitter looking bird..... one with a whole nose as opposed to one with a hole in her nose:D
Wasn't Westbrook married to some 'other famous (for 5 minutes) celebrity' for about 3 weeks?:rolleyes:

Jukebox Jury

Brain Harvey from E17 I believe, before his bizarre car accident. I can also quote the poem 1963 by Philip Larkin

POP star Brian Harvey today claimed gorging on jacket potatoes prompted a car accident that left him fighting for his life.

The 31-year-old, who may never walk again, said he tumbled under the wheels of his reversing Mercedes after the food made him feel sick,

He said he yanked open his car door to vomit while driving down a cul-de-sac, only to be tossed from his seat and crushed underneath his speeding car, shattering his pelvis.

The ex-East 17 singer, who attempted to commit suicide on two occasions prior to the incident, said he was driving to a friend's house when he suffered his injuries on May 31.

Harvey, who celebrated his birthday today, told GMTV: "I had just been stuffing my face with a load of jacket potatoes and I felt sick, so I opened my car door to be sick.

"Instead of putting my foot on the brake, I put it on the accelerator and it flew back, I must have hit four or five parked cars. It must have thrown me out of the car."

He suffered a string of serious injuries when the car ran over his body and was left in a coma for several weeks.

The troubled star, who is recovering at the Hastings home of girlfriend Emma B, underwent two major operations following his freak fall.

"My stomach was pushed into my lungs, which collapsed, and I was told the heel of one of my feet was found up round the back of my head," he said.

He denied the freak fall was a further attempt at suicide and said he was glad to be recovering.

"If you were going to commit suicide you wouldn't do it like this, it was a complete accident," said Harvey.

"It was shocking, it happened so quick and then the next thing you're waking up in intensive care three weeks later."

I wonder if he'd done 17 ecstasy tablets at the time!

Tags
blanche=god christian=babe ton-eh is sexy
Back
Top Bottom