The Stewart Lee Appreciation thread

My friend recently saw him in Liverpool. He had a photo with him and he signed his CD and poster with 'I want the moon on a stick'. Apparently he's a nice bloke.... And he got to keep the poster. Happy days for Alextron.

It's because the bbc are too engaged with paying their top executive bonuses to themselves, so have to cut back on budgets. Next, they pay for their supposed most popular and highest earners such as J Ross and that other arsehole Brand

After that little pot of gold there obviously isn't much left for non popularist newcomers who can say a sentence with the flick of a little finger, not having to be gobbing off all over the prime time listings

Let's hope so Kewpie. It's not the first time they've rejected genuinely thoughtful TV, only to replace it with repeated dross :(

They fear what they don't understand, it's the same with every facet of human life

I like your poetic take on it but I suspect it is more to do with viewing figures than existential fears.

I know, just didn't want it one-dimensional

Like I said previously, popularist theories etc and viewing stats

Oh god here we go eh, another clash of the titan ego trippers :lbf:
Was that banal enough for you?

I meant that your description of the fear of intelligence was less banal than the tawdry money concerns of the real world, so I'd prefer to think of it that way. I wasn't calling you banal.

I meant that your description of the fear of intelligence was less banal than the tawdry money concerns of the real world, so I'd prefer to think of it that way. I wasn't calling you banal.

OK thanks, no problem

I saw him a few weeks back. His new show is still angry, perfectly uncomfortable and hilarious. He goads and slags off the entire audience at any opportunity and wishes that Richard 'the Hamster' Hammond (who is not a real Hamster) had died in his crash. :D

I saw him recently at a local theatre. I thoroughly enjoyed myself even though he insulted the audience, saying that we were probably the sort of people who like watching Top Gear!

I was watching him on tv the other day & I was absoluted disgusted.
He was making jokes about Northerners saying we're all thick & that we don't get irony.

Then I thought, 'Maybe he was being ironic & I didn't get it.' Damn.

One thing though: why can't you be intelligent & also like watching Top Gear?

I saw him recently at a local theatre. I thoroughly enjoyed myself even though he insulted the audience, saying that we were probably the sort of people who like watching Top Gear!

Now that is very funny :lbf:

Back
Top Bottom