The Thrills mention Morrissey

mell

loves moz
http://s32563.gridserver.com/music/music-artists/the-thrills/

Here's the relevant part :):

So far, so easy. But the best was yet to come. After being tipped off by a mutual friend, the famously reclusive Morrissey bestowed his royal approval by turning up to a Thrills rehearsal. Though he nearly wandered into an empty room. ‘Our manager said ‘you’ve got a special guest coming to see you practise.’ When I found out it was Morrissey we planned to keep it to ourselves and give the rest of the band the shock of their lives,’ Daniel says. ‘But then the rest of the band phoned the night before and said they were going to cancel rehearsals and I had to tell them.’ Morrissey came, tapped his foot along to The Thrills sound and asked them to support him on tour. ‘It was amazing,’ says Daniel. ‘At that point, nobody had seen him for years.’ Did they hang out? ‘Yeah, we went out for a meal. It was basically us quizzing him for two hours. We’re all massive Smiths fans. The funny thing was, he couldn’t stand any of the other music we’re into. Then we mentioned Phil Spector and, thank God, he loves Phil Spector.’ But? ‘But then someone mentioned how great Spector’s Christmas album is and Morrissey said ‘I hate Christmas.”

Then we mentioned Phil Spector and, thank God, he loves Phil Spector.’ But? ‘But then someone mentioned how great Spector’s Christmas album is and Morrissey said ‘I hate Christmas.”

That's too funny. I hate Christmas, too.

You're a mean one Mr Grinch... ;)

I'll blame this one on my insomnia.

I have worked too many years in retail to even remotely enjoy Christmas anymore.

Back
Top Bottom