Morrissey Central "The World Will Listen" (April 22, 2021)

The Armond White article appears to stem from Jesse's tweet earlier:

Screenshot_20210422-025604~2.png

Regards,
FWD.

Update:
Related Tweets by Jesse - April 22/23, 2021

Screenshot_20210423-192248~2.png
Screenshot_20210423-035909~2.png
Screenshot_20210423-0400522.png

Click here to see all tweets.

Just because I'm curious and haven't watched the episode: Is it true that, contrary to the writer's statement, they didn't incorporate any of Robert Smith's and Ian Curtis' traits into the Quilloughby character? Because that part seemed fishy to me from the beginning, as it was obvious from the promotion that he wasn't supposed to be 'generic gloomy 80s indie singer' but seemed to be based solely on Morrissey...
It's predominately Morrissey for sure... but it's interesting some of the comments I read about the episode on other outlets (not solo or Morrissey's FB page) actually thought the fat thing was a swipe at Robert Smith, not Morrissey.

It's predominately Morrissey for sure... but it's interesting some of the comments I read about the episode on other outlets (not solo or Morrissey's FB page) actually thought the fat thing was a swipe at Robert Smith, not Morrissey.

That's what I was wondering about. And also John Lydon.

In their live tweets it was all Morrissey & done seriously to expose him as a racist.

There was no affection or mitigation - it was Stewart Lee levels of disillusionment & rejection.
stewart lee,now theres a comedian who doesnt make people laugh.three words,rod liddle sketch.

the thing with people who are cancelled is that they seem to accept it,they seem to disappear from normal life,well M should be the opposite,use the backdrop at his first concert back to tell people in the strongest possible terms that he wont be shouted down,he isnt going to stop for fudds like skinflint who is probably out looking for statues to pull down at this very moment.

stewart lee,now theres a comedian who doesnt make people laugh.three words,rod liddle sketch.

I agree. But I used to think he knew things before he let me down by just repeating crap on Twitter instead of 'analysing' it.

I have no use for a bad political comedian.

On a side note I once tried to explain to one of our leading political playwrights what a troll was & he couldn't grasp it. Yet he still thinks he can explain the state of the nation. 🙄

As opposed to something like - oh, I don't know, The Guardian? - being strongly biased towards liberal causes through story selection and/or political affiliation, perhaps?

You know as well as anyone on here that Armond White is a law unto himself, a Morrissey nut whose opinions are all over the place: sometimes crazy (as in his reading of "Panic" there) and sometimes spot-on. As in this part of the article:

"One Simpsons actor apologized to the nation of India for the portrayal of the Apu character, yet the show’s producers have never apologized for the Reverend Lovejoy and Ned Flanders characters that trash Christianity."
Cancel the Simpson’s for abusing their woke power

I know, I mean at the very least they could have mentioned Morrissey's support for Kevin Spacey (and indeed Harvey Weinstein) and his exploitation of young movie-world wannabes. That would have made for a balanced article.
You spiteful cretin, you know Morrissey never supported Spacey or Weinstein.

I hope you choke on your bitter bile one day.

LOL at Jesse having a locked twitter account.
He's such a weird cat... he actually blocked me from his Twitter account. :rolleyes: I'd called out someone he was championing as being a Neo-lib bootlicker (I think that's what I said.) and he assigned the term to himself, oddly. Then he proceeded to attempt to mock me behind the locked account. Major insecurities, it would seem. Having said that, I don't know him personally and maybe he was just having (another) bad day.

More Simpsons-related tweets from Jesse:

Screenshot_20210423-192248~2.png

Screenshot_20210423-035909~2.png

Screenshot_20210423-040052~2.png
Screenshot_20210423-041311~2.png
Screenshot_20210423-042011~2.png

FWD.

The worst attack on Morrissey doesn't seem to be obesity. We all can see he is not obese. Anyway, who cares if he becomes obese? What it's actually hurtful is the baseless accusation of hypocrisy.
The Simpsons is not funny anymore, so what is it? A tool?

You spiteful cretin, you know Morrissey never supported Spacey or Weinstein.

I hope you choke on your bitter bile one day.
Would it make a difference to you if he did? Because if so you can read the Der Spiegel interview and find that he blames the victims of both men. That is a form of support, right?

They're decadent, they drew Moz fatter than Homer S.Se mocked his veganism, something sacred to him, and accused him of being racist, but they discriminated against him for being overweight.. Contradictory and with low blows. Morrissey doesn't deserve that mistreatment, I wonder if there were any colleagues who came out to defend Moz and Johnny Marr ??? It would be nice if Johnny said something, wouldn't it

I know it't twitter and people kind of abbreviate their thoughts but the tweet from 4:12 is difficult to decipher.
I believe he's asserting that the weight digs were the harshest thing you can do to someone as it challenges/mocks how he sees himself, exacerbates self-esteem issues and that all can undermine at a deep level.
My guess anyway.
FWD.

The worst attack on Morrissey doesn't seem to be obesity. We all can see he is not obese. Anyway, who cares if he becomes obese? What it's actually hurtful is the baseless accusation of hypocrisy.
The Simpsons is not funny anymore, so what is it? A tool?
He's overweight, he's been fatter, but in the New Year's video he looked good, but he was never obese. and if he's overweight he's got, he's a human being.. and they're discriminating against it but they call it racist

The best thing we fans can do to repudiate this is not to see The Simpsons, I must actually have watched 10 shows in all these years, I don't like them

You can be clinically obese without it being immediately apparent to others. I knew someone who went for a 'Well Person' medical examination and he was told he was clinically obese. I would have described him as 'tubby'. I've been tubby too. I'm having to be careful right now because I've been relatively inactive over the past few weeks and the scales don't lie.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom