"The world won't listen" - statement from Morrissey at true-to-you.net

Re: The world won't listen - statement from Morrissey at true-to-you

People in power never give up power. Look at Assad - if you must; his dingbat wife continuing to smile and wave, wrapped in Fendi, as the people of Syria disappear into dust. It is the same shame that the British utilized whilst claiming ownership of the Malvinas by shooting anyone who stood in their way. How very brave. Imagine if Taiwan claimed the Isle of Wight. Yes, it is that silly. The Queen is conveniently said to have no political power, yet it would be impossible to imagine her government disagreeing with her if she elected to return the Malvinas to the Argentinian people, and although David Cameron is gung-ho ready to see more British and Argentinian boys die in battle for this odd bit of turf, he cannot see the richer intellect in simply returning the islands to their rightful owners. Yet Cameron is haughtily aghast when people run riot on the streets of Coventry stealing hair-dryers worth ten pounds. Outrage!
What is never considered is how the occupants of the Malvinas (who want to bask in the south seas whilst also having the benefit of the NHS, and who number only about 2,500) are quite satisfied to sit back and watch service personnel die defending their post box. Has such selfishness ever been known? What makes it all worth it?

Thank you to Russell Brand for standing up and speaking out in recent weeks. Like anyone who speaks out in modern Britain, he has been shot down. Nothing must interfere with the depressive psychosis of modern Britain, which has become a most violent and melancholic country, with no space for measured debate. Like Russell, I believe that the most powerful vote you can give is No Vote; for the days of Prime Ministers have gone, and it's time for a form of change that is far more meaningful than simply switching blue to red. The print media will only support people who do not matter and who are incapable of instigating thought - David 'rent-a-smile' Beckham; his wife - famous for having nothing to do; the dum dum dummies of the Katie Price set; the overweight Jamie 'Orrible, who tells us all how to eat correctly.
At what point did the dis-United Kingdom become a cabbagehead nation? Where is the rich intellect of debate? Where is our Maya Angelou, our James Baldwin, our Allen Ginsberg, our Anthony Burgess, our political and social reformers? At what point did the shatterbrained scatterbrains take over - with all leading British politicians suddenly looking like extras from Brideshead Revisited? Although it is clear to assess the Addams Family of SW1X as the utterly useless and embarrassing ambassadors of a sinking England, how can we effect change without being tear-gassed? In the absence of democracy, there is no way.

I write this without outburst; a staunch non-terrorist, quietly, calmly and composedly, as I mourn the loss of the land.

Morrissey
16 November 2013.

Maybe Moz should have a weekly column. But where? What publication? Not True-To-You. He needs greater exposure. Maybe if he had a legitimate, visible platform to voice his opinions regularly, we wouldn't get these random 'non-outbursts'.

Agree that killing lions is absolutely inexcusable. But the Beckhams... again?

Moz's column could be called State of Affairs. Perhaps he could focus on one issue at a time.

For those who don't want to read the whole thing: he's angry someone shot a lion and angry that people continue to eat meat.

I know how to make you an American citizen, Moz. :cool: :D Kidding! I like his rant style.

Maybe Moz should have a weekly column. But where? What publication? Not True-To-You. He needs greater exposure. Maybe if he had a legitimate, visible platform to voice his opinions regularly, we wouldn't get these random 'non-outbursts'.

Agree that killing lions is absolutely inexcusable. But the Beckhams... again?

Moz's column could be called State of Affairs. Perhaps he could focus on one issue at a time.
what he writes there goes on here and a thousand FB pages, Twitter accounts and is picked up by the British media.
He isn't stupid, he knows this

I know how to make you an American citizen, Moz. :cool: :D Kidding! I like his rant style.
he rant style is just like my friends cousins. I though his page was morissey pretending at first - he has even ranted about Kate and the picture in the mail and this hunter woman
It's nice to see Morrissey comment on things like this.
I don't like Russell though, as a feminist I think he is a sexist.

I think calling out Jamie Oliver on telling the British people what to eat is a logical oversight. :o Just my two overweight cents. :p It's a rant, though.

Last edited:

what he writes there goes on here and a thousand FB pages, Twitter accounts and is picked up by the British media.
He isn't stupid, he knows this

Well it depends on what his goals are. Does he just want to be a part of the newsflash... the chatter? Or does he actually want to start a discussion which can lead to changes? Activism? Right now these long-winded rants are not doing much in the way of stimulating conversation... unless you call threads like these conversations. If he had a regular platform to speak, he could be a spokesperson for his causes... turn his rants into carefully written essays. But, maybe he doesn't have the time or inclination to write more regularly.

I think he should consider it.

Last edited:
Re: The world won't listen - statement from Morrissey, true-to-you 18th November 2013

Oh there is irony in this somewhere...

Petition is started to ban Melissa Bachman from entering South Africa for killing a lion.

Morrissey mentions this woman and Russell Brand in his latest essay.

Russell Brand is banned from entertaining South Africa (reason unknown--unlikely due to killing a lion). He kind of looks like a lion though. Don't you think?

n-RUSSELL-BRAND-large570.jpg

Last edited:
Re: The world won't listen - statement from Morrissey, true-to-you 18th November 2013

Well it depends on what his goals are. Does he just want to be a part of the newsflash... the chatter? Or does he actually want to start a discussion which can lead to changes? Activism? Right now these long-winded rants are not doing much in the way of stimulating conversation... unless you call threads like these conversations. If he had a regular platform to speak, he could be a spokesperson for his causes... turn his rants into carefully written essays. But, maybe he doesn't have the time or inclination to write more regularly.

Petition is started to ban Melissa Bachman from entering South Africa for killing a lion.

Russell Brand is banned from entertaining South Africa (reason unknown--unlikely due to killing a lion). He kind of looks like a lion though. Don't you think?

THe queen of solo is all over this thread. :rolleyes:

I do agree he should write often about issues that bother him (and also about whatever brings him great happiness!) A platform would be quite good so conversation/debate can be on topic and easy to follow. However, I also love reading these "letters". I wouldn't call it a rant. These issues tire him out, really. Obviously they weigh heavily on his heart and for good reason. The tone I felt while reading this was more along the lines of sadness and feeling terribly let down by society. Just the title alone proves. And, this isn't entirely directed at you, RB...I just wanted to comment on the platform idea.

People (here and there) will say, "Oh, there's Morrissey...lamenting again about the same ol' same ol'" But when it comes right down to it - he's right. I've avoided looking at that disgusting picture of Melissa Bachman all week. There is nothing honorable, lovely, or celebratory about that poor lion being shot to death just so she can flash her razor sharp teeth to the media. Disgraceful, really.

"Where is humanity? Where is any sense of goodness and pity? And what is so terribly funny about torture?" I don't know. It baffles and saddens me, too.

For those who don't want to read the whole thing: he's angry someone shot a lion and angry that people continue to eat meat.

Eh. You clearly didn't read it.

I'll look for this and I shall sign it. ;)

I'll look for this and I shall sign it. ;)

Petition

- - - Updated - - -

I do agree he should write often about issues that bother him (and also about whatever brings him great happiness!) A platform would be quite good so conversation/debate can be on topic and easy to follow. However, I also love reading these "letters". I wouldn't call it a rant. These issues tire him out, really. Obviously they weigh heavily on his heart and for good reason. The tone I felt while reading this was more along the lines of sadness and feeling terribly let down by society. Just the title alone proves. And, this isn't entirely directed at you, RB...I just wanted to comment on the platform idea.

People (here and there) will say, "Oh, there's Morrissey...lamenting again about the same ol' same ol'" But when it comes right down to it - he's right. I've avoided looking at that disgusting picture of Melissa Bachman all week. There is nothing honorable, lovely, or celebratory about that poor lion being shot to death just so she can flash her razor sharp teeth to the media. Disgraceful, really.

"Where is humanity? Where is any sense of goodness and pity? And what is so terribly funny about torture?" I don't know. It baffles and saddens me, too.

Nicely said. :)

Here we go again. Before people begin to bash me for criticizing Morrissey, let me state that I do not condone the killing of any animals; I am anti-hunting for sure.

However, Morrissey is doing one thing here--getting his name in the media so his book is brought up, so he can cash in on again, someone else.

Talk about some crazy ramblings by him--wow!

I'd love to see him make a video making points like this. I feel like it's so much easier for the majority of the world to brush off "Morrissey's diatribes" when they are written — as opposed to Russell Brand's recent interview, which as I saw it received much applaud and notoriety.

Naturally, I'm not saying for Moz to give an interview format. But it'd be interesting to see one of these missives read — or "spoken from the heart," as he bashes the queen for not doing — in digital video format posted to true-to-you. I think his point would strike much harder if the depth of his passion for animals could be viewed in his face and heard in his voice.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom