The world's oldest music store Spillers Records bans Morrissey albums

Morrissey banned. Let the book burning's begin..

Spillers Records bans Morrissey music over his support for the far right - Wales Online
The world's oldest record store said it was 'saddened but not surprised'

Excerpt:

The world's oldest record store Spillers Records in Cardiff has banned Morrissey records from its store.

The shop, in Morgan Arcade, is refusing to stock the singer's releases because of his continued support for the far-right.

However, one place you won't be able to buy the album is Cardiff's much loved independent record shop Spillers.

Ashli Todd, the owner of Spillers said: "I'm saddened but ultimately not surprised that Spillers is unable to stock Morrissey’s releases any longer. I only wished I’d done it sooner.”

full

Spillers owner Ashli Todd (Image: WalesOnline/Rob Browne)

Media coverage:

Last edited by a moderator:
Morrissey Morrissey Morrissey - Morrissey Morrissey Morrisseee-ee - Morrissey Morrissey Morrissey, Morrissey MORRISSEY.

Enjoying the new album tremendously. Couldn't care for a second what the left thinks of Moz, or really of anything.

Morrissey banned. Let the book burning's begin..

Spillers Records bans Morrissey music over his support for the far right - Wales Online
The world's oldest record store said it was 'saddened but not surprised'

Excerpt:

The world's oldest record store Spillers Records in Cardiff has banned Morrissey records from its store.

The shop, in Morgan Arcade, is refusing to stock the singer's releases because of his continued support for the far-right.

However, one place you won't be able to buy the album is Cardiff's much loved independent record shop Spillers.

Ashli Todd, the owner of Spillers said: "I'm saddened but ultimately not surprised that Spillers is unable to stock Morrissey’s releases any longer. I only wished I’d done it sooner.”

full

Spillers owner Ashli Todd (Image: WalesOnline/Rob Browne)

"Only wished I'd done it sooner" what had the op?
[email protected]?

Hardly needs publicity, Spillers is a legendary store, it’s been going for about 100years. She can’t stomach Morrissey, she probably thinks campaigns like For Britain are poisonous and she wants no part of it. It’s as simple as that. Good on her for fighting the good fight!

They do need publicity. They almost closed a few years ago, until the Manics and then Columbia records got involved. Shame they didn't close...

You actually believe that she's doing this because of Morrissey's support for For Britain? She isn't. This is a planned stunt to promote Spillers. Nothing else.

This person has quite literally,in the most cynical way attached herself to Moz to gain publicity for her independent shop, thats all it is, it's as clear as glass. Morrissey has opinions that are ironic and interesting,
he's outside the 'Starbucks' troughing norm. Just jump on the bandwagon and see your mug in the papers,
what a boring person.

Yeah she's even on twitter calling for magazines to cover this more so she can navigate the "moral maze". This is the most attention her existence will get. Lame to choose Morrissey's bday to seek attention

Hardly needs publicity, Spillers is a legendary store, it’s been going for about 100years. She can’t stomach Morrissey, she probably thinks campaigns like For Britain are poisonous and she wants no part of it. It’s as simple as that. Good on her for fighting the good fight!

Youv'e said it all, she cannot stomach Morrissey, so she goes for him in the most cynical way, and yes, gets herself some publicity !
Stocking someones records does not mean she is supporting a political party. Do you know her personally, does she know the political leanings of every artist she stocks, or has stocked, and take action if there views do not agree with hers. Egotism comes in all shapes and sizes, including apparently record store proprietors.
Morrissey provokes debate that's all, and therefore he is a voice that has a necessary place in a democratic society.
He hasn't committed any atrocities, or crimes. To censor and suppress the work of such an artist is really a very dodgy stance to take, and is more damning of the store owners personality than anything else.

In the context of running a record store and the kind of “stand” one can take while doing so? Yes. It’s certainly got the snowflake Mozbots predictably triggered.

I can only speak for myself but i don't believe people here are really triggered by this. I believe this store has every right not to sell his records however more than anything people in this thread are just calling out the hypocrisy on display by this record store while they pretend to hold some moral high ground. Their logical and moral inconsistency displays just clear detest for Moz. and not some higher ground. Though it does point to a bigger conversation about the state of our society and censorship

Moz will see that as a great present on his 60th birthday and as proof that what he is saying and doing is right. When the lefties cannot handle someone with a different view this is what they do.

The planet will keep spinning no matter what a dust collector store is doing. Desperation is unkind to the lefties who are in a business to make money yet pretend they care about others than themselves.

Pants are down boys!

She looks like a bloke!

LOL

Another useful idiot making Morrissey's statements gain an even bigger audience so well done and thank you. Are welsh people even humans?

Tags
california son info morrissey

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom