The world's oldest music store Spillers Records bans Morrissey albums

Morrissey banned. Let the book burning's begin..

Spillers Records bans Morrissey music over his support for the far right - Wales Online
The world's oldest record store said it was 'saddened but not surprised'

Excerpt:

The world's oldest record store Spillers Records in Cardiff has banned Morrissey records from its store.

The shop, in Morgan Arcade, is refusing to stock the singer's releases because of his continued support for the far-right.

However, one place you won't be able to buy the album is Cardiff's much loved independent record shop Spillers.

Ashli Todd, the owner of Spillers said: "I'm saddened but ultimately not surprised that Spillers is unable to stock Morrissey’s releases any longer. I only wished I’d done it sooner.”

full

Spillers owner Ashli Todd (Image: WalesOnline/Rob Browne)

Media coverage:

Last edited by a moderator:
I purchased the Interlude record in there. Alongside a Public Enemy single. And Scott Walker sings the songs of Jacques Brel. I still go in there occasionally but am equally baffled as to why Morrissey's politics will mean his records will not be stocked whilst gangsta rap, drill music and dancehall reggae with questionable lyrical content about shooting homosexuals will undoubtedly continue to be.

I think Morrissey actually bought some records in there back in the days of The Smiths
you should go in tomorrow and ask if they have the new Morrissey record.

There better not be any Muslim artist records in there, they hate gays and women.

What a total CANTANKEROUSLY c***ISH thing to do. What about the fans who might want to buy his records? This is a sick joke.
f***ing boring vanilla PC world run by piss stained gowl lice. She must be a total twat. A twat that wears sweaters and scarf in hot summer weather. And trousers, when she should be at the beach washing out her crab infested crusted cracks.

Last edited:
ANYONE ELSE NOTICE THE RYAN ADAMS RECORD ON DISPLAY...…..SOMEONE IS A HYPOCRITE WITH AN AXE TO GRIND? THE STORE MUST NOT BE DOING WELL AND THEY NEED TO STEP ON THE BACK OF MORRISSEY TO HELP GET THEM SOME EXTRA SALES. HE IS ALWAYS BEING USED FOR OTHERS GAINS!

Each time you vote you support their process!

Jesus, does skinny work there?

The same dorks endlessly whining about “free speech” and individual freedoms are the ones now having an aneurysm because a privately-owned business decided to take a stand against a musician whose views they deem problematic. So predictable, so dull.

mozzas name is easy to take advantage of, and really that’s all she’s doing, it’ll get her some business. it’s very fashionable to dislike morrissey.

Last edited:
The same dorks endlessly whining about “free speech” and individual freedoms are the ones now having an aneurysm because a privately-owned business decided to take a stand against a musician whose views they deem problematic. So predictable, so dull.
You call this a stand? That's adorable :)

What a bunch of sanctimonious twats. Are they running a business or what?
Business comes second after sanctimonious bullshit.Or on the other hand virtue signalling bullshit is part of their business and it's a cry for help?

Last edited:
This person has quite literally,in the most cynical way attached herself to Moz to gain publicity for her independent shop, thats all it is, it's as clear as glass. Morrissey has opinions that are ironic and interesting,
he's outside the 'Starbucks' troughing norm. Just jump on the bandwagon and see your mug in the papers,
what a boring person.

Tags
california son info morrissey

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom