Thelma Houston - "I Don’t Believe Morrissey Is Racist" - Pitchfork, Stereogum

Original quote from Pitchfork article:

Morrissey Announces New Album I Am Not a Dog on a Chain, Shares Song

Excerpt:

...When Morrissey announced his last album, California Son, with a slate of guests, some said they had been unaware of his far-right politics. When reached for comment, a representative for Thelma Houston sent Pitchfork the following quote from the singer:

I don’t believe Morrissey is racist. And I got involved with this track because I’ve known about his music for quite some time. Back in 2012, I was collaborating with an artist named Gabe Noel, and he suggested we try some covers. And when he mentioned a Morrissey song called ‘Suedehead,’ as soon as I heard ‘it was a good lay’ lyric - I laughed and was like… Ok let’s cut it!

Thelma Houston Joins Morrissey On New Single, Says “I Don’t Believe Morrissey Is Racist” - Stereogum

Morrissey isn't racist. We all know he isn't.

Last edited by a moderator:
When Morrissey starts doing volunteer work with asylum seekers, maybe then one can say he isn’t racist. Until that day....

Is that how you spend your time? Oh sorry, no, you spend your time ‘making a difference’ on this site doing God’s work by accusing other people of being racist.

:clap:

Did you show support for Cornershop back in '92 ?
Who's right, Cornershop or Thelma ?

I guess he knew better than Cornershop in 92 & better than Thelma now.... there's a word for that, I think it begins with r...

Still listening to this thunderous song , Thelma sounds as though she is 16 again , Morrissey 31 ... totally geourgeous vocals together.... certain hit in Poland,,, at least number 2

Morrissey is not a racist.
Can I advise you to listen to a recommended album by my good self ... it’s called science fiction.. by Tom baily... lead singer from the Thompson twins... I finally got to see him last November in Newcastle, England .. it took me nearly 30 years . He had a 30 minute slot with berlinda Carlisle and culture club as the headline act ... great night... by 7.45 Tom had 10 thousand people standing up singing Hold me now... a true tear jerker..... that was my night

$1.8 million dollars for a weeks residency,might not be the world but it pays well.
Gross.

What’s with people’s inability to differentiate between gross and net?

Morrissey owes far more than he makes. You can start with what he owes to BMG for propping his sorry ass. Then add the band, taxes and court settlements he’s welshed on.

Morrissey should be on an episode of Scammers, Liars and Cheats.

He’s definitely pegging your ass, Sunshine.

Benny where are the,, you must like this latest release from our man.... you’ve said nixy noodles........ I’m always intrigued????? Have you inlighitned boy86 AKA THE JAM EATER????????

Boy86 a AKA JAM EATER, BENNY BOY...... got f*** all to say . Why ...... best ever single relaase by my moz...... whished... all ov you ... any come back ..... nnooooooo its toooo goooooood

If we're flashing back to Bengali In Platforms - it's got an extremely detailed description of a pair of boots, which makes it likely Moz has seen them somewhere. Any clues about where?

I'm thinking it's from a 1970s t.v. play or a documentary.

I watched an old T.V. show that was literally a Jamican man & an Irish woman in a London room arguing about which of them was the most oppressed & by what, FOR AN HOUR.

If we're flashing back to Bengali In Platforms - it's got an extremely detailed description of a pair of boots, which makes it likely Moz has seen them somewhere. Any clues about where?

I'm thinking it's from a 1970s t.v. play or a documentary.

I watched an old T.V. show that was literally a Jamican man & an Irish woman in a London room arguing about which of them was the most oppressed & by what, FOR AN HOUR.

That would have been made by Labour supporters. :eek:

I never knew that as a side project, Thelma did window dressing for ageing bigots with mullets to trim and a career to resuscitate. Who’d have thought it? Must pay well, at the cost of your soul, it seems.
Bonkers single an’ all. Is tokenism the new normal in a post-truth world hoodwinked by lazy populism? Gosh!

Gross.

What’s with people’s inability to differentiate between gross and net?

Morrissey owes far more than he makes. You can start with what he owes to BMG for propping his sorry ass. Then add the band, taxes and court settlements he’s welshed on.

Morrissey should be on an episode of Scammers, Liars and Cheats.

He’s definitely pegging your ass, Sunshine.
the only thing that's gross is you sunshine.

That would have been made by Labour supporters.
And not white nationalists, like yourself? Why, you play the victim so well, it’s a wonder of the age you don’t carry a piece of chalk to draw an outline around your sad self daily, if the posts put up by you are anything to go by.:blushing:

There's no way Morrissey is personally making $1.8 million for a residency. You have to take costs into account. The band must be on $500 a night, for starters.

Can I advise you to listen to a recommended album by my good self ... it’s called science fiction.. by Tom baily... lead singer from the Thompson twins... I finally got to see him last November in Newcastle, England .. it took me nearly 30 years . He had a 30 minute slot with berlinda Carlisle and culture club as the headline act ... great night... by 7.45 Tom had 10 thousand people standing up singing Hold me now... a true tear jerker..... that was my night

sure.

And not white nationalists, like yourself? Why, you play the victim so well, it’s a wonder of the age you don’t carry a piece of chalk to draw an outline around your sad self daily, if the posts put up by you are anything to go by.:blushing:

Which troll are you? The gay/tranny troll ? I like to know.

Tags
i am not a dog on a chain info

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom