Therapy?

How much does it cost?
Who here as tried it?
Does it ever work?

love

Grim
P.s. I was gonna post it in other music but some smart arse will tell me there is a group called therapy eh?

How much does it cost?
Who here as tried it?
Does it ever work?

love

Grim
P.s. I was gonna post it in other music but some smart arse will tell me there is a group called therapy eh?

1. £4.36

2. I was told to keep it confidential, so not me.

3. Yes, I used to be a bad person with a grudge against someone who got one of my friends unfairly banned from a website for no logical or honest reason.
But now I'm completely cured. I don't give a f*** about the dildo dat done it.

Hope that helps.

1. £4.36

2. I was told to keep it confidential, so not me.

3. Yes, I used to be a bad person with a grudge against someone who got one of my friends unfairly banned from a website for no logical or honest reason.
But now I'm completely cured. I don't give a f*** about the dildo dat done it.

Hope that helps.

That line just made me chuckle, it's a bit tongue twistery eh! :D

love

Grim

How much does it cost?
Who here as tried it?
Does it ever work?

love

Grim

I have a CD of theirs. It's a bit of a racket to be honest.

I'd recommend time, alcohol and an afternoon googling for pictures of kittens. (Or pics of Johnny Marr. Same diff in that respect) Hope that helps. Failing that, you can have the CD. ;)

Yep, I have tried it (for depression) and I went about three times because this psychologist wanted me to draw pictures for him (crayons!) instead of just listening to me. My drawings were supposed to tell him what was wrong with me! :rolleyes: Like, I'm a crappy artist? It was covered in full by my insurance, but I just didn't click with this psychologist (very different from a psychiatrist) and so I scrapped the whole idea. But my shrink is much better. He'll listen to me, but only for about 15 minutes, fill my anti depressants and then, bye bye. I think it's worth trying, actually, and if you get a therapist you don't like, you can always do some research and change therapists. Good luck to you.

I've heard it works wonders for some, and others find it useless. I've worked out all my own issues over the years by simply being honest, utterly and totally honest with myself about all things. I don't lie to myself, and don't have anything to hide. I know my faults, fears, weaknesses, patterns of behavious, and I know how to control them, to an extent.

I know myself so when a problem arises, I fix it. I've never found a need for a professional to help me, but some do. Be sure to find one that is competent and highly recommended, even if that means paying more money.

I had therapy for a while, with a few different people, two NHS counsellors and a private clinical psychologist. The psychologist cost about £75 per hour, and was better, to be honest. I hated it, because I could never think of answers to their questions, and just sat there huddled up saying "I don't know". You have to be prepared to be really open and honest and I wasn't really, also, if my experience is anything to go by, be prepared to feel worse coming out than you did going in (might be different for others). So, I didn't like it, but I think it did help a bit.

Depends what you need it for. I've had the lot. Some was rubbish but one man helped me understand why I am like I am and that was incredible and helped me turn my life around.
Cost - well it was free on the NHS but I had to wait a while. You can pay private I suppose and the costs vary a lot.

Thanks everyone for their replies, I just wanted to see how much somebody here was saving by repeatedly asking about the same things, asking for peoples views about relationships then when everyone's pissed off with them they say that they will never darken this here doorstep then a few months later they re-appear under a new name but start asking the same questions, it must be therapy for them otherwise why keep coming back, I realise they crave some form of sympathy & obviously therapy isn't cheap, so I just wondered how much of a service has been provided by the folk here? It's a spiral within a circle.

love

Grim

Thanks everyone for their replies, I just wanted to see how much somebody here was saving by repeatedly asking about the same things, asking for peoples views about relationships then when everyone's pissed off with them they say that they will never darken this here doorstep then a few months later they re-appear under a new name but start asking the same questions, it must be therapy for them otherwise why keep coming back, I realise they crave some form of sympathy & obviously therapy isn't cheap, so I just wondered how much of a service has been provided by the folk here? It's a spiral within a circle.

love

Grim

:rolleyes: I don't think the therapy is working.

Therapy is good, quite possible to get for free, but if you've got serious issues you need to sign up for the long haul.

I've tried it.
Drugs are better.

My advice: Just ask the GP for drugs and lay off the morrissey-solo.

Anyone here who has more than 1000 posts needs to lay off so-low for a bit. :D

copays are different in the US.
its totally worth it though. TOTALLY WORTH IT!!!

Therapy is good, quite possible to get for free, but if you've got serious issues you need to sign up for the long haul.

Yeah, I agree, therapy really will help you if you'r willing to work for it. I've been having therapy for a year now and was a little suprised when the therapist said that another year is required, but he was right. The past can't be buried but there's still a good chance you'll gain peace with it. I know this now.

love

Grim

Actually, I wonder if she might get more out of listening to Therapy? than having therapy. "You! Can't help! My life! But you! can hide! The knives..." It should have been a single.

In all seriousness, yes, it does help, if you've got the time, energy and inclination to find a decent therapist and really work hard at making yourself better. I found the quality available on the NHS varied wildly.

Tags
analrapist tobias funke
Back
Top Bottom