'This Is Morrissey' Album (vinyl & download) - released 6th July - Morrissey Central (June 3)

43206_this_is_morrissey.jpg

On Friday 6 July Parlophone (Warner) release This Is Morrissey album.
On the same day, BMG release the single All The Young People Must Fall In Love, with Rose Garden as the B-side.The A-side is re-mixed by Bob Clearmountain.The B-side is live from The Grand ‘Ole Opry in Nashville.
Both releases are available on vinyl and as download.

https://www.morrisseycentral.com/messagesfrommorrissey/morrissey-release-date

Not a mock-up after all.
Odd track list - Satellite... and including the Mael mix!?
Opinions?
Regards,
FWD.

(7" not included in title as it has several separate threads already).

Posted by Famous when dead:

Update: June 4th.

This Is Morrissey will have a release on July 6th in the U.S.A on the Sire label.

https://www.morrisseycentral.com/messagesfrommorrissey/this-is-morrissey-usa-edition

43226_this_is_morrissey_us.jpg

UPDATE June 5:

As noted by NealCassidy and Famous when dead, the US version appears to have 3 fewer tracks (Missing: "Speedway", "Angel...", "Lucky Lisp"):

Related item:

Last edited by a moderator:
The most bizarre track choice on there is, of course, "The Harsh Truth of th Camera Eye" If you're gonna take something off Kill Uncle, this is what you choose?

That track listing is odd, I wonder what it's even meant to be? Is this a best-of kind of thing or another rare tracks type compilation? Not convinced it works as either. Also shame it isn't available on CD.

Yes, extremely odd track listing. So, is this the first time any song from Kill Uncle (i.e., "Harsh Truth") is included on anything post-Kill Uncle?

Sing Your Life was on that bizarre Smiths/Morrissey hybrid album Now My Heart is Full - though it wasn't a full release, only a promo.

The most bizarre track choice on there is, of course, "The Harsh Truth of the Camera Eye" If you're gonna take something off Kill Uncle, this is what you choose?

It's probably my least favourite Morrissey song. But it seems to me it's on there for irony purposes and humorous thematic reasons.

All songs from 1988-1995 except for the Maelmix and Satellite of Love.
Must be a rights-thing.

As it's out on Parlophone, does this presumably mean there could be nothing included from Southpaw Grammar onwards?

1988 - 2018
- Eleven albums
- Two Live albums
- thirteen compilation albums

I could be wrong but I reckon this must be the 8th or 9th solo compilation - if you include Bona Drag - which isn't so bad in thirty years. The Smiths released three in four years after all.

On the same day, BMG release the single All The Young People Must Fall In Love, with Rose Garden as the B-side.The A-side is re-mixed by Bob Clearmountain.The B-side is live from The Grand ‘Ole Opry in Nashville.

Not a mock-up after all.
Opinions?
Regards,
FWD.

Related item:
Track listing not great. 'The harsh truth'? And yet no 'Nobody Loves Us' or 'Now my heart is full'. Not sure how this would appeal to fanatical fans or casual Mozbathers.

For those interested:
The album cover photo is 12 years old and by Sarah Kerver - it is a 'stock' Getty-owned image.
It is from The SXSW Film and Music Festival: Austin, Texas - 16.03.06.

Moz3.jpg

The others:
Moz2.jpgMoz1.jpgMoz4.jpg Moz5.jpg Moz6.jpg Moz7.jpg Moz8.jpg Moz9.jpg

I believe this is the video of the event:

Regards,
FWD.

Last edited:
Every time Morrissey does a re-issue, he gets a vinyl release written into the contract. With a bit of luck, this release means he's signed for one or more further Smiths re-issues.

Would love it if due to its release date, he plays some of the tracks at the UK mini-tour dates, ‘Fatty’ ‘Whatever Happens’ ‘Have A Go’ ‘Lucky Lisp’ would all be great

Sing Your Life was on that bizarre Smiths/Morrissey hybrid album Now My Heart is Full - though it wasn't a full release, only a promo.

What is "bizarre". That was a record label promo, not an official release. I got it for free. Maybe it'll be worth something on eBay someday, I dunno. But why are you worried about a record label promo item?

And I find it funny how people are saying "Oh my God, the track listing on 'This is Morrissey' is so ODD. It's just so odd, I don't know what to make of it! " Then don't buy it. Obviously Parlophone wanted to put out a compilation and Morrissey decided to use that opportunity to have a little fun and highlight a few odds and ends that are less known. What's the big deal? A great artist like Morrissey, who has put out so many great songs your head is left spinning, often is asked to do another compilation, so he has a little fun with it.

This a crime to some of you. People are going to be making compilations of Morrissey songs until the earth is burned up by the sun. If you don't want this one, don't buy it! If you want it, you don't exactly have to rob a bank to get it. And it's probably a better batch of songs than 99% of the records in your collections.

Not a mock-up after all.
Opinions?
Regards,
FWD.

Related item:

That cover is terrible.

I like that he tossed "Lucky Lisp" on there. That's a fun and cute little song. The balcony fool was me you fool!

I like that he tossed "Lucky Lisp" on there. That's a fun and cute little song. The balcony fool was me you fool!
It's a song about gay hook-ups in toilet cubicles and glory holes. Nothing wrong in that - and personally I love that song - but fun and cute doesn't really describe it.

So do the majority of people here think that morrissey chose the songs himself

I though he was referring to his own lisp? How it never held him back? Mind you I didn't realize the lyrics of National Front was offensive till now so what do I know?

I saw the artwork for this the other week and thought it was a wind up, you wonder how it is worth the time and money for the record company to put this out or are they trying to win some new fans?

It's a song about gay hook-ups in toilet cubicles and glory holes. Nothing wrong in that - and personally I love that song - but fun and cute doesn't really describe it.

LOL I'm probably too innocent for some of these Morrissey songs. They go straight over my head. You apparently have an entirely different interpretation on roaring and gurgling from the stalls than I ever imagined. :eek:

Tags
this is morrissey info

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom