'This Is Morrissey' Album (vinyl & download) - released 6th July - Morrissey Central (June 3)

43206_this_is_morrissey.jpg

On Friday 6 July Parlophone (Warner) release This Is Morrissey album.
On the same day, BMG release the single All The Young People Must Fall In Love, with Rose Garden as the B-side.The A-side is re-mixed by Bob Clearmountain.The B-side is live from The Grand ‘Ole Opry in Nashville.
Both releases are available on vinyl and as download.

https://www.morrisseycentral.com/messagesfrommorrissey/morrissey-release-date

Not a mock-up after all.
Odd track list - Satellite... and including the Mael mix!?
Opinions?
Regards,
FWD.

(7" not included in title as it has several separate threads already).

Posted by Famous when dead:

Update: June 4th.

This Is Morrissey will have a release on July 6th in the U.S.A on the Sire label.

https://www.morrisseycentral.com/messagesfrommorrissey/this-is-morrissey-usa-edition

43226_this_is_morrissey_us.jpg

UPDATE June 5:

As noted by NealCassidy and Famous when dead, the US version appears to have 3 fewer tracks (Missing: "Speedway", "Angel...", "Lucky Lisp"):

Related item:

Last edited by a moderator:
Paint a vulgar picture?
As others said an odd tracklist, an almost entirely pointless release if only on standard black vinyl, what is the point of purchase?
Unfortunately, i may very well end up buying it as I don’t own a vinyl release which features ‘Whatever Happens...’ sigh...

Isn’t it strange how an artist who has so many different compilation albums, has never really released a ‘definitive’ one?

But he did.
Until the next one :)

ME....If I want to keep collection intact, re issue,re package, special track (male mix), a hopefully a tacky badge (in this case a new photograph,which is from Texas my home) so yeah ...Me

Looks like you’ll have two albums to buy - since the USA and UK versions contain different track listings.

And the album cover is just a Getty photo. It’s in the public domain. You can print yourself a poster size!

Looks like you’ll have two albums to buy - since the USA and UK versions contain different track listings.

And the album cover is just a Getty photo. It’s in the public domain. You can print yourself a poster size!
It's not good on your health to be negative ,....the fact is Its my money to spend my way....but yes if that's the case then both UK and USA will be bought...mael mix not on a lp just single

Can't wait. I'm sure they'll all sound way better on this compilation than they have on all the other compilations. I mean really, this is the compilation of the compilations that we've all been waiting for. -Lefty

Have just heard from someone in the know at Warner Music and this compilation seems a pure fantasy as it appears on no internal release schedule.

Other than giving it the all clear I would say Morrissey had very, very little to do with this release. It's all Warner stuff that's popped up on previous Warner compilations.

They will still get publishing and mechanicals.

Are you sure? I'm not, but I have understood that the remixer is like the album cover designer -- what they do is in a way extraneous for the music and therefore they just get a lump sum for their work, unless they are in the position to negotiate a better contract.

Are you sure? I'm not, but I have understood that the remixer is like the album cover designer -- what they do is in a way extraneous for the music and therefore they just get a lump sum for their work, unless they are in the position to negotiate a better contract.
You are correct. Remixing a song is a one off payment and has nothing to do with future royalties. It wouldn't make much sense to the artist and record company to have to share royalties just for tweaking a song of theirs.

QQQ! How wonderful to see you! How are you, Sir Q?

I AM alive and kicking.
Much, much bettter than could be expected.
In fact it is almost a kind of miracle.
Apparently I tapped from resources I didn’t know I had.
And the doctors did a great thing.
I am not there yet of course and it will be a heavy recuperation but I feel good.
Thanks Pep! :thumb:

I AM alive and kicking.
Much, much bettter than could be expected.
In fact it is almost a kind of miracle.
Apparently I tapped from resources I didn’t know I had.
And the doctors did a great thing.
I am not there yet of course and it will be a heavy recuperation but I feel good.
Thanks Pep! :thumb:
I am so happy to hear this. Looks like your Moz-loving guardian angel was taking good care of you :) Rest well, Q, and thank you for making the effort to reply. Here's hoping you'll soon be back to full strength, God knows we need more of your gentle, Q-brand wisdom around here.

Other than giving it the all clear I would say Morrissey had very, very little to do with this release. It's all Warner stuff that's popped up on previous Warner compilations.

Then why does it so far only appear on Morrissey Central in the Messages from Morrissey section?

Cover is quite good and looks like his work.

Last edited:
Tags
this is morrissey info

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom