This is Morrissey: An Interview by Fiona Dodwell - Tremr

This is Morrissey: An Interview by Fiona Dodwell - Tremr
June 5, 2018

Excerpt:

When I penned my recent piece, 'Morrissey: The Great Unfiltered Artist' it was my aim to shine a light on somebody who I felt was at times misunderstood, and to attempt to question what we were 'sold to believe' (as I feel we always must when faced with a heavily biased media). Morrissey very kindly agreed to an interview with me. I came away from his responses having a greater sense of the man himself, and of where he was coming from - his words often insightful, at times humorous but always honest. For that, I thank him.

Here is the interview in full.

Media coverage:

Related item:

Last edited by a moderator:
Stop Me........

Interesting he has had some control over the This is Morrissey release.

I'll leave it for others to argue about the other aspects of the interview. I'M f***ING DONE. No such thing as bad publicity?

Stop Me........

I'll leave it for others to argue about the other aspects of the interview. I'M f***ING DONE. No such thing as bad publicity?

They won't argue about the other aspects of the interview. They will argue about precicely one aspect and will ignore the other questions and answers completely.

Anne Marie Waters is a humane version of Thatcher?

And the Robinson thing? We don't need to go over old ground, but Morrissey is a racist, conspiracist, ignorant twathandle

Jesus f***ing Christ. f*** him. Bigly.

Stop Me........

Yeah that’s answered my question about the tracklisting pretty quickly. I also thought it interesting to hear him say I’m not a vegan or a vegetarian etc but makes his choices as about animal welfare an individual. I don’t follow for Britain what so ever but what has Anne Marie waters said that is racist or upsetting to people. I get that people who follow the party might be bigots but what about her specifically

You can't make this shit up. Tommy Robinson FFS.

He'll never sell out a venue in the UK ever again, his career in this country is over.

f*** morrissey, f*** trump

https://d3n8a8pro7vhmx.cloudfront.n...riginal/1519030879/Manfiesto_2.pdf?1519030879

60-s-70-s-hippie-set-ladies-95718--5652-p.jpg

I'm not even in the mood to discuss his bullshit politics anymore, so what really jumped out at me was this-

"We don't ever rehearse, or jam, or even discuss song directions. A studio is booked and we turn up. No one knows anything until the producer presses Record. It's an edginess that usually works. I haven't ever sat together with the band, just strumming through ideas. Even the actual key is unknown until the day of recording."

It shows. It really shows. And it has shown for over ten years. Edginess. Sure. Let's call it edginess.

Yeah that’s answered my question about the tracklisting pretty quickly. I also thought it interesting to hear him say I’m not a vegan or a vegetarian etc but makes his choices as about animal welfare an individual. I don’t follow for Britain what so ever but what has Anne Marie waters said that is racist or upsetting to people. I get that people who follow the party might be bigots but what about her specifically

You just described Morrissey.

One more thing, if you were in any doubt as to the politics of Tremr, look at the top rated posts on there. This is the equivalent of Rudy Giuliani only being interviewed by Fox. An unquestioning easy ride of queasy bigotry.

People have an urgent need to express their ... well, it isn't disapproval, it's hatred... like drivers giving you the middle-finger as they speed off at 100mph. If they didn't have such a quick getaway they wouldn't do it. It seems to be the number one human emotion now ... social media shaming. Do you agree?

You can't make this shit up. Tommy Robinson FFS.

He'll never sell out a venue in the UK ever again, his career in this country is over.
I think you'll find the opposite to be true. He'll gain a whole new fanbase. People who think for themselves rather than being told how to think by the media/ruling class. The future is looking interesting.

"If you ever bring me out to dinner it's important that you also bring a toaster." - we finally agree on something

Though, he could finally come to Poland again, and maybe play a longer set this time.

The fact that Morrissey supports Tommy Robinson makes my heart swell with pride. Irish blood, English Heart. Let the lion roar!
Ohhhh Tommy Tommy! Tommy Tommy Tommy Tommy Robinsonnnnn! :thumb:

Glorious day indeed, and a landmark too - Morrissey's decision to vote for the first time!

I'm not even in the mood to discuss his bullshit politics anymore, so what really jumped out at me was this-

"We don't ever rehearse, or jam, or even discuss song directions. A studio is booked and we turn up. No one knows anything until the producer presses Record. It's an edginess that usually works. I haven't ever sat together with the band, just strumming through ideas. Even the actual key is unknown until the day of recording."

It shows. It really shows. And it has shown for over ten years. Edginess. Sure. Let's call it edginess.

Though, with some noted exceptions with Johnny Marr ("Please Please Please" and maybe "I Won't Share You?"), he's written this way since the Smiths....

People have an urgent need to express their ... well, it isn't disapproval, it's hatred... like drivers giving you the middle-finger as they speed off at 100mph. If they didn't have such a quick getaway they wouldn't do it. It seems to be the number one human emotion now ... social media shaming. Do you agree?

What's shaming for some people it's pride for others. People can agree or not with Morrissey ideas, but he shouldn't be insulted or bullied just for expressing them during an interview. If we had to make a hateful statement every time we listen or read someone who thinks differently from us, we should be insulting people 24/7, and that is not healthy. Besides, why do some people show their annoy for what they say it's a huge change in Morrissey's views? First, I'm not so sure he changed at all, maybe a little with respect to some matters. That's how people grow up. Second, do you really think he should ask for your permission if he changes his opinions about different matters? Did you buy his soul and his mind when you bought his albums and his tickets? Of course not. Let the man express himself and be the person he wants to be, not the person you imagine he should be. He doesn't owe you anything.

This is the worst, I’d already decided not to go to see him in Edinburgh, because of this little Britain stuff, I feel numb. What a f***ing idiot. Tommy Robinson, show me a barrel and watch me scrape it.. It’s almost unbelievable that he’s the same person he once was. I turned a blind eye so often, the blurred racist stuff, when he shafted labels, managers, band members, his own fans, anyone really.. I knew he wasn’t the nicest of people. But he was my Morrissey and I loved him.. 28 gigs over 27 years. Things will need to change big time for me to darken his door again

Tags
fiona dodwell this is morrissey info

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom