"This Is Morrissey" vinyl released today (Aug. 31, 2018); also: US CD, streaming services

Advert with Russian text:
20180831_142124.jpg
20180831_142505.jpg

The promotional advert (clue in the name) is still available on FB official page, but some marketing genius has limited the audience.
https://lnk.to/ThisIsMorrissey2018FP
(Link resolves to a digital portal for Apple Music, Deezer & Google Play).

Not so much a 'release' in the US, but Amazon and indie stockists are supplying the vinyl as an import:

Kaos:
20180831_140252.jpg

Amazon:
20180831_141537.jpg

Amazon, despite still using the Sire cover have added a picture of the back of the record which is the Parlaphone version - the picture isn't brilliant, but the French liner notes can be made out:
51bTOkDtKTL._SL1500_.jpg

(They also have the CD now tagged as 'UK edition').

So, it looks like all vinyl buyers gets the 13 track version.
To help collectors, does anyone have a different version?
Regards,
FWD.

Related item:

Last edited:
My comment not posted cause some moderator felt I described him or her.
Buying records is so LOL!

Really interesting experiment! Although somehow I suspect many people may have a similar, different version of events to some of Morrissey's anecdotes. Not wishing the man dead for a minute, but like you say, I think some interesting 'alternative' stories will come out when he dies.
I'm not wishing him dead either, but I'll still read the books and mutter oh mys.

Advert with Russian text:
View attachment 45626View attachment 45627

The promotional advert (clue in the name) is still available on FB official page, but some marketing genius has limited the audience.
https://lnk.to/ThisIsMorrissey2018FP
(Link resolves to a digital portal for Apple Music, Deezer & Google Play).

Not so much a 'release' in the US, but Amazon and indie stockists are supplying the vinyl as an import:

Kaos:
View attachment 45623
Amazon:
View attachment 45625

Amazon, despite still using the Sire cover have added a picture of the back of the record which is the Parlaphone version - the picture isn't brilliant, but the French liner notes can be made out:
View attachment 45628
(They also have the CD now tagged as 'UK edition').

So, it looks like all vinyl buyers gets the 13 track version.
To help collectors, does anyone have a different version?
Regards,
FWD.

Related item:

A new release is always good news.

Wow. I know Boz, Alain & co were a bit rough in the early days, but they got it together - reading this surprises me. He was embarrassed by the band. And yet years later, hires Tuneless Tobias!

The sound of cats f***ing have more melody then Jesse Tobias.

The sound of cats f***ing have more melody then Jesse Tobias.

Years ago, Morrissey said Marr's playing could make you "cry for hours and hours and swim in the tears". It's true for Jesse as well, it's just that you're crying for him to stop :lbf:

Years ago, Morrissey said Marr's playing could make you "cry for hours and hours and swim in the tears". It's true for Jesse as well, it's just that you're crying for him to stop :lbf:
I can get it if you're pulling off an amazing Iron Maiden style solo, and teetering on the edge of chaos, focusing every fiber of your being into it, but let's face it, that chump is wanking out barre chords with a face like someone put his nuts in a vice. Posing counts for f*** all when you're bringing so little to the table.

is it just me or do posters Amy, G23 and Peppermint make you feel like re-enacting that scene with Brad Pitt in the movie inglorious bastards with that baseball bat? God if I ever met them in public I would paste their heads into pulp!

I can get it if you're pulling off an amazing Iron Maiden style solo, and teetering on the edge of chaos, focusing every fiber of your being into it, but let's face it, that chump is wanking out barre chords with a face like someone put his nuts in a vice. Posing counts for f*** all when you're bringing so little to the table.

Listen to this absolute dirge for some Classic Jesse. Moz is practically having to shout.

Listen to this absolute dirge for some Classic Jesse. Moz is practically having to scream over the top.

I'm sorry, but if you're a "professional" musician composing multiple songs out of barre chords, and it isn't the 1970's, and you have all 4 fingers on both hands, and your name isn't Tommy Iomi, and your band isn't doom-sludge playing under the name "Black Sabbath", then get the f*** out of here and let someone qualified to do the job do the job.

I'm sorry, but if you're a "professional" musician composing multiple songs out of barre chords, and it isn't the 1970's, and you have all 4 fingers on both hands, and your name isn't Tommy Iomi, and your band isn't doom-sludge playing under the name "Black Sabbath", then get the f*** out of here and let someone qualified to do the job do the job.
Man I tried to give Jesse a chance, years even, but he just sucks o_O

Man I tried to give Jesse a chance, years even, but he just sucks o_O
The only reason that I can conceivably think of for the barre chords, is that he lacks the mental ability and skill to move his hands quickly enough to form the proper, fuller sounding chords. Even on the simplest songs, he looks at his hands like a high school garage band guitarist. How Morrissey started out with a guy who played guitar as effortlessly as breathing, who looked nonchalant, or even bored sometimes playing simultaneous rhythm and lead parts, to a guy who plays like a literal beginner, just breaks my brain.

Granted, it is awful but give Moz his due, he has added another layer of awfulness on top with that bone idle lyric and melody.
Everybody did their part on that one. :lbf:

Edit: And I have no clue how that happened with the second emoji.

Attachments

• image.png
    image.png
    231 bytes · Views: 0
The only reason that I can conceivably think of for the barre chords, is that he lacks the mental ability and skill to move his hands quickly enough to form the proper, fuller sounding chords. Even on the simplest songs, he looks at his hands like a high school garage band guitarist. How Morrissey started out with a guy who played guitar as effortlessly as breathing, who looked nonchalant, or even bored sometimes playing simultaneous rhythm and lead parts, to a guy who plays like a literal beginner, just breaks my brain.
Well, salacious theories abound on that one :cool: but I’m above all that now, I’m reformed :oops:

Ok, it’s not anybody’s best, but I’ve personally heard with my own ears Jesse butcher some wonderful songs and still not completely recovered :squiffy:
I think what was done with TCM hurt the worst. It sounds like Beavis and Butthead doing air guitar and going

DURR-DURR-DURR-DA-DURR-DURR-DA-DURR-DURR to me.
med_1409627696_1385886433_image.jpg

I think what was done with TCM hurt the worst. It sounds like Beavis and Butthead doing air guitar and going

DURR-DURR-DURR-DA-DURR-DURR-DA-DURR-DURR to me.

Jesse apologists are now going to chime in with, “But it was Morrissey’s decision! He wanted it played that way, and anyway they were doing the Death Cab for Cutie version!” Ask yourself this: what choice did Morrissey have? If he had said “Ok Jesse, I want TCM in it’s original form, off you go”, could Tobias do it reliably? Some of his flubs and f***-ups can be easily covered by the rest of the band, but not flubbing the intro to TCM.

Tags
this is morrissey info

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom