Thisisdig.com: "The Smiths - There Is A Light That Never Goes Out" via Smiths Official FB (December 9, 2020)

“Bernie Whipplestein, arguably the most annoying twat to ever exist, with a fart that refuses to diminish.”

What a world.

The fact someone is still promoting things like this via their Official Facebook channel (aka Warners) with zero to sell was the interesting part of this - not the article itself.
The FB acc had long periods of inactivity and the Twitter equivalent has been 'protected' and inactive for a long time.
Regards,
FWD.

I see a return to those fateful "wilderness years" for Moz...

Morrissey-Solo still going strong, continuing to prop-up Moz' career once more! Dare I say perhaps a positive album credit mention of David T's work on the next release? (A Christmas wish for 2020.)

MrShoes

Last edited:
I see a return to those fateful "wilderness years" for Moz...

Morrissey-Solo still going strong, continuing to prop-up Moz' career once more! Dare I say perhaps a positive album credit mention of David T's work on the next release? (A Christmas wish for 2020.)

MrShoes

He should! But bless Moz, his glass isn't half empty, it's smashed & in the bin.

It can always get worse. It's still a pretty bad, pointless article.

At least it's not full of dreadful inaccuracies like the last one that was shared on The Smiths' Facebook account...
Well, there' at least one: Johnny never did anything with Mouse on Mars... I guess the writer meant Modest Mouse...?

Well, there' at least one: Johnny never did anything with Mouse on Mars... I guess the writer meant Modest Mouse...?
There's more than one but that's still pretty okay for an article like this.

Thanks, I enjoyed reading this well-written and knowledgable article. I think the point was to explain the appeal and lasting effect of the Smiths and pay tribute to the contributions of all band members with a special focus on the Morrissey-Marr partnership which ensured that that the band was lifted into a creative realm that eventually embodied more than just the mundane sum of all parts.
explain to who? people under rocks on the moon?

There Is a Light is #4 on this list of 100 greatest hits of the 80s.

"Whatever the reasons, it’s long been held with deep affection by Smiths fans as their finest moment, even as to paraphrase another one of those, it came with the soil already beginning to fall over their heads as an enterprise. Rumours have long circulated that the subject of the song is Marr himself, but the true identity of the star crushed lovers remains a mystery."

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom