To Mersey Rail and THAT Record Store by Fiona Dodwell - Tremr

She starts this piece of piss with a line about freedom of speech and immediately goes on to deny the record shop and rail company that very freedom. I can't stand this kind of 2-faced bollocks.

It's a lassic alt-right strategy e.g.
I have claimed democracy therefore I own democracy. I have claimed freedom of speech and therefore no-one else has this freedom.

Think Farage and the amount if times he says democracy. He needs to own it.

A meander through what most of us already know but no actual detail as to why Morrissey made his decision to endorse this party. It's fluff and will blow away in the wind.

Censorship isn’t freedom of speech. It’s the prevention of freedom of speech.

The ultimate freedom would be the freedom from speech. Will there ever be a time when we all understand each others needs to the extent that speech is redundant? In the meantime there perhaps could be a case for a cap on an excess of speech..... myself included! Of course communication, is another matter. Freedom of communication rather than conversation is important.

Censorship isn’t freedom of speech. It’s the prevention of freedom of speech.

Hmmmm. A predictable enough response.
Other people asserting their right to freedom of speech is censorship. So,, Morrissey refusing to allow companies to sell meat at or close to venues he plays at is what then?

Freedom of speech or censorship?

You can't have it both ways both ways but the alt-right need it both ways. They constantly claim to be the champions of freedom but with messages like this show themselves to be the abusers of freedoms that don't suit their agenda.

Still the same. They have every right to, and everyone else has the right to refuse their custom. People vote with their money, as Morrissey is finding out.

Witness the Ashers Bakery case.

So refusing a job to someone because of his opinions is fine?

Legally, I believe it is called discrmination.

Where did I say that? Nowhere.

You're making a false conjunction here.

Of course it should be illegal to discriminate when placing people in jobs, we have laws against that.

But it's entirely different when people have choices on how and where they spend their money. Businesses are entirely within their rights, as private organisations to do what they like. As I mentioned before, go take a look at the Asher Bakery case. You might not like what they did, but the law, and the court of appeal agreed they had the right to do it.

"In my life
Why do I give valuable time
To people who don't care if I live or die?"
A true Morrissey fan would never believe what the media says. Think for yourselves.
"Stop watching the news
Because the news contrives to frighten you"

Where did I say that? Nowhere.

You're making a false conjunction here.

Of course it should be illegal to discriminate when placing people in jobs, we have laws against that.

But it's entirely different when people have choices on how and where they spend their money. Businesses are entirely within their rights, as private organisations to do what they like. As I mentioned before, go take a look at the Asher Bakery case. You might not like what they did, but the law, and the court of appeal agreed they had the right to do it.

There is no false conjunction here, I just ask you to be coherent.

If one does whatever he wants with his money, why can’t one refuse an employee because of his opinions?

There is no false conjunction here, I just ask you to be coherent.

If one does whatever he wants with his money, why can’t one refuse an employee because of his opinions?

I'm not repeating myself. The point is flying over your head. Go back and read again, and for heaven's sake go research the Asher's Bakery case, all your questions will be answered.

It would depend if that 'opinion' falls within the legal definition of discrimination - protected charcateristics i.e.:

1. age
2. gender reassignment
3. being married or in a civil partnership
4. being pregnant or on maternity leave
5. disability
6. race including colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin
7. religion or belief
8. sex
9. sexual orientation

If not, it's not discrimination.

I draw attention to points 6 and 7 - characteristics which are consistently discriminated against by some relentless members (and non-members) of this forum.

I'm not repeating myself. The point is flying over your head. Go back and read again, and for heaven's sake go research the Asher's Bakery case, all your questions will be answered.

I suggest YOU go back and do your research on the bakery.
That branch did not close due to public opinion,it closed due to a giant Primark taking over that part of Belfast and the construction work had a negative impact on all businesses in the vicinity.
The Ashers are still doing great business in Northern Ireland.
(but,hey,why let facts get in your way?)

Still the same. They have every right to, and everyone else has the right to refuse their custom. People vote with their money, as Morrissey is finding out.

Witness the Ashers Bakery case.

That branch closed due to the Primark fire impacting on businesses,nothing to do with outraged public opinion!

Morrissey and Dodwell are just plain silly to attempt to make any sense of what is going on currently with this drivel. It is incredibly easy to dismantle the argument that the purile graphic is attempting to provoke.

Morrissey boycotted Canada but a music shop cannot boycott his records.
Morrissey banned outlets from selling meat in venues in which he appeared.
Morrissey denied his racism but supports a political party that is widely regarded as racist.

Morrissey and Dodwell are just plain silly to attempt to make any sense of what is going on currently with this drivel. It is incredibly easy to dismantle the argument that the purile graphic is attempting to provoke.

Morrissey denied his racism but supports a political party that is widely regarded as racist.

Cake and eat it? Or, let them eat cake?

Morrissey denied certain fans access to his shows.

As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
Morrissey denied certain fans access to his shows.

Morrissey made it clear that as far as he was concerened Solo was banned. In an attempt to quell the very discussions that are currently taking place on this site about his behaviour.

In effect Morrissey denied this site, the fans (and others that use it) their right to free speech.

Tags
california son info fiona dodwell

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom