To Mersey Rail and THAT Record Store by Fiona Dodwell - Tremr

Still the same. They have every right to, and everyone else has the right to refuse their custom. People vote with their money, as Morrissey is finding out.

Witness the Ashers Bakery case.

:crazy:

Moz is finding out hes selling more stuff tix and records than ever before:lbf:

Morrissey made it clear that as far as he was concerened Solo was banned. In an attempt to quell the very discussions that are currently taking place on this site about his behaviour.

In effect Morrissey denied this site, the fans (and others that use it) their right to free speech.

going to a Moz show is not speech FFS

you crazy sock parrots:

Morrissey and Dodwell are just plain silly to attempt to make any sense of what is going on currently with this drivel. It is incredibly easy to dismantle the argument that the purile graphic is attempting to provoke.

Morrissey boycotted Canada but a music shop cannot boycott his records.
Morrissey banned outlets from selling meat in venues in which he appeared.
Morrissey denied his racism but supports a political party that is widely regarded as racist.
Difference between commitimg violent acts and having an opinion?

Once Morrissey had the finest music journalists of his generation singing his praises. Now it's Fiona Dodwell and styxhexenhammer666. Says it all really.

‘finest music journalists’

no longer exist.

Morrissey is still making some fine music, that voice.

‘finest music journalists’

no longer exist.

Morrissey is still making some fine music, that voice.

Maybe he should use "that" voice for singing and never utter another spoken word again. It could be very good for his career you know.

I'm very much an ex-Morrissey fan ..... a decision compounded by his latest endorsement of For Britain. To me he had a superb singing voice and I imagine it remains so. However, on principle I haven't heard anything new by him since World Peace ...

She starts this piece of piss with a line about freedom of speech and immediately goes on to deny the record shop and rail company that very freedom. I can't stand this kind of 2-faced bollocks.

It's a lassic alt-right strategy e.g.
I have claimed democracy therefore I own democracy. I have claimed freedom of speech and therefore no-one else has this freedom.

Think Farage and the amount if times he says democracy. He needs to own it.

A meander through what most of us already know but no actual detail as to why Morrissey made his decision to endorse this party. It's fluff and will blow away in the wind.
Come on. No one is being prevented from buying the record. It's an economic matter. Some people will stop shopping there and others may choose to shop there based on this stance, although I can't see either of those things happening in a way that will really affect the store's sales.
Getting upset about this is the wrong reaction because it's just symbolic and the store is getting so much publicity for it. It probably helps them and Morrissey. Morrissey has been on a spree the past couple of years seemingly attempting to alienate as many people as possible so this one record store and the publicity surrounding it can't hurt him.
But some people might see him as "under attack" and buy a copy of the record to support him. It's all ridiculous.
Morrissey has been trolling the public since the very beginning of The Smiths. He has increasingly become more famous as a public figure than as a singer. People know his statements who barely know one of his songs. I think he likes it that way actually. He's always crying about chart positions but every time he's got a new record, for the past few years anyway, he makes some statements in an interview and that's what people talk about.

Yes I totally agree, they have the right not to sell the record. But if they are taking such a high moral stance proudly stroking their ego, then they should also go through their record stock and remove all the other records by artists that have done or said shitty things.

Until they do this they are just hypocrites, just doing it for the publicity, parasites feeding of another human beings name.

Maybe he should use "that" voice for singing and never utter another spoken word again. It could be very good for his career you know.

I'm very much an ex-Morrissey fan ..... a decision compounded by his latest endorsement of For Britain. To me he had a superb singing voice and I imagine it remains so. However, on principle I haven't heard anything new by him since World Peace ...

Yes good for you, move on. But unfortunately for people like you, some
artists are people that do more than a song and dance routine, and being more than mere entertainers, I believe, and I’m sure they also believe to have the right themselves to speak their thoughts, even when they’re as contrary
and confusing as Morrissey’s have been
recently.

Yes I totally agree, they have the right not to sell the record. But if they are taking such a high moral stance proudly stroking their ego, then they should also go through their record stock and remove all the other records by artists that have done or said shitty things.

Until they do this they are just hypocrites, just doing it for the publicity, parasites feeding of another human beings name.

I think you may find that endorsing a racist political party, a thug and hooligan and a divisive wannabe poltical chartacter was more than some could stomach. The potential of his endorsement to possibly ignite and incite racial hatred is more than shitty. It's dangerous and ultimately stupid. He now pays the price. Simple.

Yes good for you, move on. But unfortunately for people like you, some
artists are people that do more than a song and dance routine, and being more than mere entertainers, I believe, and I’m sure they also believe to have the right themselves to speak their thoughts, even when they’re as contrary
and confusing as Morrissey’s have been
recently.

Did you read what I wrote? If you did I'm confused? I never said he hasn't the right, I said maybe he shouldn't.
Recently I donlt think he been confusing at all. He steadfastly stands by his endorsements of that political party and those people - that's very clear - hence the backlask.

Okay but can we agree that Morrissey "says things for the publicity?" I think that's fair. So calling it parasitical or hypocritical gets kind of problematic. And when people talk about how this record store should boycott other artists, a lot of people thought Morrissey was wrong for only boycotting Canada.
It doesn't matter really and those arguments can be used against Morrissey so probably better to just listen to the new record and enjoy it. The things we give attention to grow.

I think you may find that endorsing a racist political party, a thug and hooligan and a divisive wannabe poltical chartacter was more than some could stomach. The potential of his endorsement to possibly ignite and incite racial hatred is more than shitty. It's dangerous and ultimately stupid. He now pays the price. Simple.

Amazon is endorsing and supporting Hitlers views because they continue to
sell Mein Kampf. The potential of this endorsement can possibly ignite and incite racial hatred that is more than shitty. It's dangerous and ultimately stupid.

But strangely the same people who banned his record and the same single
individual that complained about a poster, have as yet (as far as I know)
rallied against or made a demand to Amazon to stop selling this book.

Amazon is endorsing and supporting Hitlers views because they continue to
sell Mein Kampf. The potential of this endorsement can possibly ignite and incite racial hatred that is more than shitty. It's dangerous and ultimately stupid.

But strangely the same people who banned his record and the same single
individual that complained about a poster, have as yet (as far as I know)
rallied against or made a demand to Amazon to stop selling this book.
I have asked Amazon to stop selling both Morrissey and Hitler but they haven't responded yet.
Seriously though Hitler's book is a historical document and "why haven't you banned this?" is not the direction to go in. If you're for freedom of expression you don't argue for other things to be banned.

Tags
california son info fiona dodwell

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom