To Mersey Rail and THAT Record Store by Fiona Dodwell - Tremr

That argument supports the notion that For Britain should be stopped in it's tracks too but there's Morrissey screaming his support for it. He has given a level of legitamcy to this group of hate-mongers that they have not previously enjoyed. His acolytes can support him and his views all they want. The vast majority of older Smiths/Morrissey fans want nothing more to do with him. I am one such ex-fan.

I'm afraid banning Mein Kampf would do little by way of the reducing the ideology contained within it. We live in a different, digital age and it's forums like these were the real bile is spewed and the hatred enacted.

Nah, folks need to get their act together
and go after the real evil, which is not Morrissey FFS.

She’s probably on the payroll. Where the f*** was she before? Never heard of her in all my years

She fancies herself a writer, but she's got her tongue lapping at Morrissey's arse 24/7. Everyone nobody with a blog thinks themselves a professional writer. She little different than the turds on this site who mindlessly defend Morrissey's every despicable utterance.

I agree with you. Certain opinions, specially coming from public figures, can help to bring the wrong ideas, sometimes without meaning to. Morrissey is not racist, but his promotion of For Britain might convince 'blind fans' to support such a bigoted party with square minded ideas. Being liberal is also about being open and welcoming to other people and cultures among other things.

I think removing his poster was over the top. There are real offensive posters out there that nobody care about and are not being removed. I might try from now on to complain about any poster that I find offensive. Specially the ones that have a bigoted taste or are disrespectful towards women.

Could you share some examples?

Nah, folks need to get their act together
and go after the real evil, which is not Morrissey FFS.

I think your points seem scattergun and inconsistent. Your central argument seems to be Morrissey has done nothing wrong by endorsing For Britain and that he doesn't deserve the backlash.

The backlash is palpable whether you agree with it or not. Hus next UK tour, if there ever is one, will be a muted affair.

Hmmmm. A predictable enough response.
Other people asserting their right to freedom of speech is censorship. So,, Morrissey refusing to allow companies to sell meat at or close to venues he plays at is what then?

Freedom of speech or censorship?

You can't have it both ways both ways but the alt-right need it both ways. They constantly claim to be the champions of freedom but with messages like this show themselves to be the abusers of freedoms that don't suit their agenda.

I could also say that’s a predictable response. Refusing to play a venue that serves dead animals for food hardly limits anyone’s free speech. There are unlimited carnivore options just down the road. Unless you’re going to claim that selling people dead animals to eat at a gig is somehow positive - or even neutral - that isn’t much of an argument.

Saying that “X does Y and I dislike that, it’s just like A doing B” presents a false equivalency. Meat is murder, after all. And there are many meaty options outside the concert hall. Also, a false equivalency that avoids dealing honestly with the question of censorship ignores the question initially posed. The answer to that question is still: Censorship is the prevention of free speech. Censorship is only censorship. It’s the antithesis of free speech.

The notion that opposition to censorship, opposition to serving dead animals as food, and opposition to belief systems that oppress women and minorities violently are alt-right positions amounts to ignorance dressed up as righteousness. Please educate yourself about the meat industry. And organized religion. And what the actual alt-right actually stands for. Casting a person as alt-right without factual evidence is libel. By evidence, I mean something more than strong feeling based on buzzwords from secondary sources.

Last edited:
The reaction to this makes me think that Moz is right - right to have and speak his own mind, right to stand up for freedom of speech and expression - even though it will undoubtedly have an impact on his career and his music sales - and right to fight the establishment. He always was and always will be a punk at heart. True to his ideals to the last...

I think your points seem scattergun and inconsistent. Your central argument seems to be Morrissey has done nothing wrong by endorsing For Britain and that he doesn't deserve the backlash.

The backlash is palpable whether you agree with it or not. Hus next UK tour, if there ever is one, will be a muted affair.

A muted affair? Mate, it's over. Moz will never play in the UK again. That's the real tragedy of all this.

No it won't. If I know the UK charts, and I f***ing do, then the Spice Girls'll be number one. Morrissey'll be number 3.

Spice girls are nowhere to be seen in Amazon best sellers, Lewis Capaldi is still number 1 on there with Morrissey sitting a number 7?

Tags
california son info fiona dodwell

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom