Morrissey Central "TO SOMEONE, SOMEWHERE" (January 13, 2021)

Was this about Alma Cogan and was it "hole" or "whole........because "hole", doesn't make any sense.
It says "hole" on the lyric sheet/in the booklet.

My dear, Tiny-B... How can you expect to transcend the miniature mop and bucket career, when you spend all day tossing-off to 30 year old Morrissey videos? For the sake of your loved ones -please take a good look in the mirror. Nobody likes a mind-washed custodial overachiever.
I was hoping for a battle of wits, but it would be wrong to attack someone who’s totally unarmed...

Anyhow that’s the pleasantries put to one side.....
How was your shift filleting flounder?
This probably wasn’t the life plan now was it? What when wrong fat face??
Your as useful as Ann Frank’s
Drum kit.....
Goodnight...

Unrelated to this, I noticed this for the first time yesterday. I was convinced it must have been some error by the art department. 🤔
The lyrics were reprinted for The Best Of Morrissey both in 2001 and 2019 and although other parts of the lyrics were changed ("may seem strange to you" is used twice instead of "wrong"), the "hole" remained. I believe it's intentional and not just one of the usual typos.

And it's not true that it makes no sense, it just opens up new ways of interpretation.

great to watch after so long, perfect, at the time I was converting someone into a disciple of Moz and she loved this song and Dave's show, so this was perfect. Having said that, he did this song better as time went by...

I was hoping for a battle of wits, but it would be wrong to attack someone who’s totally unarmed...

Anyhow that’s the pleasantries put to one side.....
How was your shift filleting flounder?
This probably wasn’t the life plan now was it? What when wrong fat face??
Your as useful as Ann Frank’s
Drum kit.....
Goodnight...
he's captain birdseyes love child

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom