Morrissey Central "TO WHERE MOTHER NATURE MAKES THEIR BED" (September 20, 2021)

27615_uifcjb.jpg

Jimmy Greaves 1940 - 2021

PA-485197_ssbewj.jpg
player_stjohn_pxrz3f.jpg

Ian St John 1938 - 2021

(Ian died in March of this year).
Regards,
FWD.

Fantastic player. Shane he got old and died. Will Melvis be signing his sneakers and knickers, for sale at his next show?

It was the only football round up/review show, does anyone remember standing room only with Neil Webbs Mrs ......
I recall the name. I also remember a late night footy show called Under the Moon— featuring Danny Kelly. It wasn’t at all bad.

So, before MOTD?
When did that start, then?... :unsure:
match of the day showed the matches,poor fare in those days,this was long before the premier league of today.saint and greavesy was entertainment.

I recall the name. I also remember a late night footy show called Under the Moon— featuring Danny Kelly. It wasn’t at all bad.
remember under the moon,only lasted two years 97/98.was on very late at night.

match of the day showed the matches,poor fare in those days,this was long before the premier league of today.saint and greavesy was entertainment.
They had great spitting image puppets as well if I remember correctly

Other footy programmes I remember from the 1980s.... Football Focus (still on), The Big Match, Match Of The Day, Jossie's Giants and Sgorio (still on) for those of us who lived in Wales.

I have been quite affected by Jimmy Greaves passing. His goalscoring record was phenomenal, he won his biggest battle versus the bottle and he had to sell his World Cup winner's medal to pay for health care in later life. A medal he was only given in 2009, 43 years after the event. A true giant of the game

Other footy programmes I remember from the 1980s.... Football Focus (still on), The Big Match, Match Of The Day, Jossie's Giants and Sgorio (still on) for those of us who lived in Wales.

I have been quite affected by Jimmy Greaves passing. His goalscoring record was phenomenal, he won his biggest battle versus the bottle and he had to sell his World Cup winner's medal to pay for health care in later life. A medal he was only given in 2009, 43 years after the event. A true giant of the game
Yep. Probably England’s greatest ever striker. But fate has it that his international football career will remembered in terms of the matches he didn’t play in.

Yes I remember Under The Moon was on really late at night.
Did it have occasional music slots too? There were certainly lots of references to music; great mix. Danny Kelly’s current Talksport show retains something of Under the Moon’s format, I think.

I've never heard of this!?!

I would like Danny Kelly to be under the moon.

It looks like the kind of show that would have music guests.

It’s funny, every time M mentions
someone or something football related, some folks actually think he’s interested in the sport.

It’s more about the row of terraced houses

It’s funny, every time M mentions
someone or something football related, some folks actually think he’s interested in the sport.
Yep, he keeps on referring to it and us daft brushes keep thinking it’s because he’s interested.
88EA206F-1FC6-4671-9A5C-B9FC29EA2166.jpeg

Yep, he keeps on referring to it and us daft brushes keep thinking it’s because he’s interested. View attachment 76501

Well, I guess we’d need to define what we mean by ‘interested’ in it.

So why do you think he’s ‘interested’ in it?

I just don’t think it’s for exactly the same reasons that the general football fan is interested in it. I mean as far as following it.

:cool:

Last edited:

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom