Morrissey Central "TO WHERE MOTHER NATURE MAKES THEIR BED" (September 20, 2021)

27615_uifcjb.jpg

Jimmy Greaves 1940 - 2021

PA-485197_ssbewj.jpg
player_stjohn_pxrz3f.jpg

Ian St John 1938 - 2021

(Ian died in March of this year).
Regards,
FWD.

Yes but in that same interview he also said ‘I don’t have the scarf, I don’t have the hat’ which is a big clue. Lol.

Anyway, that was in the 90’s, later he changed his mind and said he doesn’t follow it. It’s in the Importance of being Morrissey documentary.

Edit: the interview is from Feb 89 Record Mirror actually.
I’ve never claimed he’s a football fan (see my initial post on/in/of (goddamn prepositions) this thread, just wanted to throw in some important quotes on the subject. That said, I don’t think he’s completely uninterested. I would imagine he enjoys its working class cultural aspect. And the Englishness of it all.

I’ve never claimed he’s a football fan (see my initial post on/in/of (goddamn prepositions) this thread, just wanted to throw in some important quotes on the subject. That said, I don’t think he’s completely uninterested.

I would imagine he enjoys its working class cultural aspect. And the Englishness of it all.

BINGO!!!

We should also include the male bonding/camaraderie and of course
there is the beauty of the male physique on display.

Let’s not forget the backstory of starting from nowhere and rising to fame, which we could be sure Morrissey finds both poetic and attractive/inspiring.

BINGO!!!

Let’s not forget the backstory of starting from nowhere and rising to fame, which we could be sure Morrissey finds both poetic and attractive/inspiring.
But class-consciousness, aesthetics, identity politics, music, history and nostalgia are all a ‘normal’ part of the average football fan’s perceptual scope. It forms what we love about the sport; it doesn’t stand apart from it.

I’m pretty sure that I, and may other football fans who come here, are seeing the same game Morrissey sees when we enjoy a match or support a team.

But class-consciousness, aesthetics, identity politics, music, history and nostalgia are all a ‘normal’ part of the average football fan’s perceptual scope. It forms what we love about the sport; it doesn’t stand apart from it.

But as I stated in my previous post.
I believe there are other aspects of the game, in regards to being interested in it, that are most likely not shared by the average football fan, or not that many of them would admit to, lol.

Morrissey is ‘not a man’, but he is a human of many lovely layers.

I’m pretty sure that I, and may other football fans who come here, are seeing the same game Morrissey sees when we enjoy a match or support a team.

I would think so. But apart from the obvious shared reasons, he may have other reasons which I think are far more interesting and worthy of discussion.

Ket clearly has some sad need to believe that the rest of you phillistines are watching the ball go back and forth and obsessing over the score while Morrissey and Morrissey alone peels back the rich poetic layers.

BINGO!!!

Let’s not forget the backstory of starting from nowhere and rising to fame, which we could be sure Morrissey finds both poetic and
I
But as I stated in my previous post.
I believe there are other aspects of the game, in regards to being interested in it, that are most likely not shared by the average football fan, or not that many of them would admit to, lol.

Morrissey is ‘not a man’, but he is a human of many lovely layers.

I would think so. But apart from the obvious shared reasons, he may have other reasons which I think are far more interesting and worthy of discussion.
I remember him saying he liked the footwear of football hooligans when discussing "Well Let You Know" that made me smile.

I

I remember him saying he liked the footwear of football hooligans when discussing "Well Let You Know" that made me smile.
Adidas Gazelles were the casual favourite c.1992 as I recall. I bet Morrissey has a pair.

Adidas Gazelles were the casual favourite c.1992 as I recall. I bet Morrissey has a pair.
This might be the wrong thread...
But does anyone recall the BCF.

They were are bunch of Carlisle football hooligans from the 80/90s

They had a formidable reputation when going around the country causing havoc.
In Carlisle they were considered a joke..

Border city firm aka BCF
Anyone remember??

Border city firm aka BCF
Anyone remember??
Border City firm, they had a lad called Paul Dodd was a main face for them. He had a book out it was full of " there were 10 of us and 80 of them , and we still battered them" Nonsense. I used to drink with Fowler at the villa who told me a few stories involving the BCF they used to be quite big on the England away scene in the 90s

Border city firm aka BCF
Anyone remember??
And by no accident

Attachments

• 684B72E4-D527-4B77-B087-0D8D39587F7C.jpeg
    684B72E4-D527-4B77-B087-0D8D39587F7C.jpeg
    156 KB · Views: 0

Border city firm aka BCF
Anyone remember??
Wrong thread? Wrong site I fear Baz. I was listening to The Beatles whilst you and your mates were kicking ten tons of shit out of The Young Governors.

Border City firm, they had a lad called Paul Dodd was a main face for them. He had a book out it was full of " there were 10 of us and 80 of them , and we still battered them" Nonsense. I used to drink with Fowler at the villa who told me a few stories involving the BCF they used to be quite big on the England away scene in the 90s
Just picked this up Banbury..

Yes Paul Dodd. Worked with him in a local factory in 87-88.
He was an ass.
He died of a heroin overdose last year..
Yes they were big on the England scene, animals they were but had a big reputation among the likes of the Chelsea head hunters ECT.

They used to try and be clever around Carlisle on a Friday and Saturday night...
Unfortunately for them they never had any kind of reputation here as they were constantly mocked..

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom