Tonight's Debate...

iamkali62

How do you feel tonight's Presidential debate will go? Are the gloves finally going to come off? Opinions? Thanks. :)

We do try. Heck, I bet we'#ve got the debates on some channels over here tonight even. Instead, we're watching "Secretary" (yes, I thought of you) cause Marts taped it the other night.

LOL! "Secretary" :eek: If I had to choose, I'd probably pick "Secretary" as well. :cool: but I'm going to try to watch the debates. :p

I always think of Lon when politics come up. He'd be so happy to see Bush leave the White House.

Oh, good God, yes! He would've been glued to the tv, awaiting Bush's leave! :D

I actually have to sit through and watch it for work related reasons.
So - I will be rating the answers on each answer.

Obviously each candidate is going to dispute the other on each point. Points will be awarded not by what I want to hear but if one candidate is able to successfully dispute something the other says.

Successful dispute does not entail providing an alternate plan of action. The candidate must offer a reasonable reason as to why the other's plan of action would fail.

There will be a lot of typing on my part so I will be offline throughout the debate.

My poor fingers...

I actually have to sit through and watch it for work related reasons.
So - I will be rating the answers on each answer.

Obviously each candidate is going to dispute the other on each point. Points will be awarded not by what I want to hear but if one candidate is able to successfully dispute something the other says.

Successful dispute does not entail providing an alternate plan of action. The candidate must offer a reasonable reason as to why the other's plan of action would fail.

There will be a lot of typing on my part so I will be offline throughout the debate.

My poor fingers...

You actually have to watch it for work related reasons? Interesting. I'll probably be looking out for the same things you are. I'm interested in the questions Brokaw is going to ask, too.

You actually have to watch it for work related reasons? Interesting. I'll probably be looking out for the same things you are. I'm interested in the questions Brokaw is going to ask, too.

Yes... I may post my notes later...

I must be impartial... and actually can be... so.... later.

it's starting now.

Oh wow. and McCain actually had to LOOK at Obama to greet him. mustve been painful for him. :rolleyes:

I like Brokaw though.

Did either of them answer the first question directly?

debate buddy!!!

i wish McCain could go 10 minutes w/out saying "my friends" or "i've reached across the aisle."

nope. :)

McCain needs to be careful he doesn't fall asleep while he's doing all the reaching.

All of the sudden McCain wants to "multi-task" attacking Healthcare and Energy at the same time....last week he almost couldn't debate and think about the economy and plan on how to fix it at the same time!

All of the sudden McCain wants to "multi-task" attacking Healthcare and Energy at the same time....last week he almost couldn't debate and think about the economy and plan on how to fix it at the same time!

that one line he just said was great "I got news for you Sen Obama. the economy is bad."

wow RLY?!! maybe someone shouldve told Johnny that 15 days ago.

Ha, I know, great point! I think Obama has remarkable poise and he's very calm and self contained. You know, I should've started a drinking game, every time McCain says, "My friends"... (he ain't my friend!) he's said it about eight times already. Okay back to the debate.

that one line he just said was great "I got news for you Sen Obama. the economy is bad."

wow RLY?!! maybe someone shouldve told Johnny that 15 days ago.

Don't worry, the fundamentals of the economy are still strong.....meanwhile the Dow drops 500 today....3 card monty!

Tags
bush outlived lon
Back
Top Bottom