Troutdale, OR - Edgefield (July 23, 2015) post-show

Post your info and reviews related to this concert in the comments section below. Other links (photos, external reviews, etc.) related to this concert will also be compiled in this section as they are sent in.

Setlist:

Suedehead / Alma Matters / Staircase At The University / Ganglord / Speedway / World Peace Is None Of Your Business / Kiss Me A Lot / Stop Me If You Think You've Heard This One Before / I'm Throwing My Arms Around Paris / Mama Lay Softly On The Riverbed / Istanbul / Yes, I Am Blind / The Bullfighter Dies / First Of The Gang To Die / I Will See You In Far-Off Places / What She Said / Everyday Is Like Sunday / Now My Heart Is Full / Meat Is Murder // The Queen Is Dead

setlist provided by setlist.fm

• Image posted by an anonymous person:

troutdale.jpg
  • Five Reasons Why Morrissey Should Be Right At Home in Portland - Portland Monthly. Link from Mike and also posted by Chip.

Last edited:
First, it was a diminutive, very cute girl who rushed the stage. People in Portland must suffer from gender blindness. If they have to choose then it's always a guy for some reason!! Decent show. Moz very chatty and full of wisecracks. It was an outdoor venue and a daylight show. He said "Welcome to our Picnic. I'm the menu." "We look better in the dark." He even gave a shout-out to people in the trees. I couldn't see any from my vantage point so I don't know if he was joking. Very funny. Very good setlist. Nice time. Don't believe the whiners! Grateful...

I really didn't care much for the show, and I heard quite a few folks walking out echoing the same sentiment. The people on this board that complain about the "lame crowd" phenomenon, need only look at a largely over-used playlist broken up with with MIM and World Peace which both sucked the waning life out of this crowd, and, when separated, really made for a choppy performance - so, no, the "pacing" was terrible. During those two songs, a large number of fans sat back down or got up to get food & drink. Honestly, I think that his political statements don't need to be made to THIS crowd. If you can't perceive that Portland is likely the most liberal populace that you will perform for in your U.S. tour, then you shouldn't be an artist. Going further, if a fan is not a vegan/politically motivated person in Portland, it's by pure will alone so lay off beating people about the face and head with your diatribe. Additionally, it was mostly the same playlist that he employed the last time he was in Portland (roughly a year ago) - he's got so many songs in his quiver to draw off of instead of resorting to the same songs.

On a sidenote, the "guy" that got on-stage was a woman. After being removed, she was standing right behind me.

Moz definitely seemed to lose interest as the night went on, though it didn't seem as if he had any gusto from the beginning so....disappointing.

I can agree with you on the pacing. Bug you're right, you can't blame the crowd due to lack of interest. The performer and setlist have to take the blame for a lame crowd. Back in the day, Moz would pace the stage and antagonize the crowd into a frenzy. Today, he mostly croons and moves around in the same general location. But to be fair, back in the day, I would have been fighting to get on stage or a shake of the hand. Last night, I just stood in front of my assigned folding chair.

Aging is a bitch.

First, it was a diminutive, very cute girl who rushed the stage. People in Portland must suffer from gender blindness. If they have to choose then it's always a guy for some reason!! Decent show. Moz very chatty and full of wisecracks. It was an outdoor venue and a daylight show. He said "Welcome to our Picnic. I'm the menu." "We look better in the dark." He even gave a shout-out to people in the trees. I couldn't see any from my vantage point so I don't know if he was joking. Very funny. Very good setlist. Nice time. Don't believe the whiners! Grateful...

Did she happen to have very blonde hair? Almost white?!

I can agree with you on the pacing. Bug you're right, you can't blame the crowd due to lack of interest. The performer and setlist have to take the blame for a lame crowd. Back in the day, Moz would pace the stage and antagonize the crowd into a frenzy. Today, he mostly croons and moves around in the same general location. But to be fair, back in the day, I would have been fighting to get on stage or a shake of the hand. Last night, I just stood in front of my assigned folding chair.

Aging is a bitch.

Agreed. As Moz's fans to be generally wiser than most;

“The wisest are the most annoyed at the loss of time.”

― Dante Alighieri

...and this show wasted swaths of folks' time.

She did have very short hair. ;)

image.jpgimage.jpg

I was really surprised he played a place called "Troutdale". I bet a lot of Trout are murdered there. Anononyous-

The Snooze Tour 2015 stumbles on.

The saddest thing I've ever seen....

Audiences have changed over the last few years. People have more money than sense. They go to random concerts or go because their friends are going, or just to have something to talk about or frame their night out around. Back in the old days (the 80's and 90's) money was scarce and usually only true fans would go to a concert. That's a generalization. These days half the audience consists of disinterested twats who shouldn't be there. That's not a generalization.
I don't see why Moz should have to try to cater for those kind of people.

I know a person who went to The Cure back in Ireland a few years ago. They played for nearly 4 hours and did 40+ songs. He complained that they didn't play Lovecats and that he didn't like the 40 songs played. Modern life is rubbish.

Refreshingly intelligent.

Is the same general location more stage right or stage left I'm going to San Jose and last time I was stage left and he really gravitated more toward stage right (Boz's side) I want to be on the side he spends more time. Thx.

Aging is a bitch.

Is the same general location more stage right or stage left I'm going to San Jose and last time I was stage left and he really gravitated more toward stage right (Boz's side) I want to be on the side he spends more time. Thx.

I would say center to Boz' side.

I hadn't heard anything about Julia this tour and was wondering if she was still around. She is. She was in her normal spot and Morrissey acknowledged her early in the show with an extended hand.

Crowds have become very lame at almost every concert, not just Morrissey shows. People seem more interested in their phones than actually watching the concert and enjoying themselves. Why bother going to gig if you're just going to stand like a sack of tatties?

Maybe they're worried that one of the unhinged, verbally violent idiots on this site will physically attack him at one of the shows.

He doesn't have the proper security personnel to handle a 100 pound female. He has the oversize wannabe on one side of the stage and a guy in a suit who looks like he has been repeatly beat up in grade school. At Troutdale there was no security check at the door and this type of miscue could lead to a deadly outcome. I have an extensive security background and find Morrissey personnel minor league.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom