TTY chart hints

He most certainly cares and this was not tongue in cheek. He has said in multiple interviews that he relies on chart positions.

Now, Ed Sheeran(?), whatever he lacks in talent does play the game as stated above.

I've seen some people state on Twitter they didn't even know Morrissey had a new album out. Now obviously they aren't huge fans, but the fans will be buying the album anyway.

If he was to appear on a few late night shows performing a new song, that would be fantastic promotion. He's done it before. So with this attitude toward chart positions, he should be maximizing his exposure. Of course, if he's ill then he doesn't have a choice, but if he's healthy then this "wait and see" attitude isn't going to help chart position.

I work for hmv , there was an article in the telegraph how we are back as a profitable company , essential and relevant to the record companies and through instore signings / performances can be the difference between a number one or not. Ed sheeran has been out for 4 weeks now , so sales have slowed on it now but it is still our bestseller ( it sold more than the rest of the top40 combined week of release ). About 2 months ago i spoke to boz on facebook about sounding out if moz would fancy doing a few instore signings the week of release ..... london , manchester , etc etc . I got back a polite but blunt " not my department " ... i dont know if he even asked moz or not but you would think that if he is this bothered about getting number 1 he would consider it .... say mon , wed , fri ... you could do a fair bit of damage and he would have def jumped the gingerwonderkid . Hopefully the blanket brill reviews will do the job anyway , and we dont know if he is still ill but a bit of effort on promotion would surely have helped .

if you work for hmv why didnt you get in contact with HMV Events Manager? Who deal directly with labels....

is the myplaydirect not a 'chart return shop' for uk or outside of uk?

That is what I was thinking... are all these presales going towards chart numbers? Now I am thinking no, since it seemed that all the presales did not count for "single" sales... none of the WPINOYB singles charted in the top 100.

He hasn't got a hope in hell of beating Ed Sheeran. The Great British record buying public are renowned for having crap taste, and industry favoured twats like Sheeran appeal to both the "housewife" brigade (eg Take That, Michael Buble) and the teenywetters market (1D)

It's a pity cos the album is mostly getting extremely favourable reviews. But with minimal promotion and a rather haphazard pre-release policy I predict number 2, at best.

Fun idea:
Come Monday, dress up and style hair as Morrissey, but with sunglasses, and with a fake moustache, and go into one of these shops and buy a copy, and pretend to "hide", hand over face etc., so that if someone took one's picture it would look... dubious. And if hundreds of other people did this same stunt, it could be a real beautiful thing.

Well, he does care about chart positions but this statement is not a direct quote from Morrissey so I wouldn't have thought he actually mentioned the ginger one by name, Ed seems like a nice guy but his records are dramatically unspectacular.

Well, he does care about chart positions but this statement is not a direct quote from Morrissey so I wouldn't have thought he actually mentioned the ginger one by name, Ed seems like a nice guy but his records are dramatically unspectacular.
He would have mentioned him by name in a way, Julia passes on the information Morrissey gives doesn't she.

I've pre-ordered both CD versions of the album on Amazon and I've pre-ordered the deluxe from iTunes. Does this mean that none of these will count towards chart positions?

Contact details are on HMV Staff Intranet....

I am a manager , and know the events guy personally .... we have tried before via official channels to no avail ..... so thought via boz would be a bit more direct ( this was during the us tour) .... if i had got a sniff of a possibility then that would have been the next step .... just seems he has no interest in putting himself out there....shame .
"Intranet" ? Inside info there

if you work for hmv why didnt you get in contact with HMV Events Manager? Who deal directly with labels....

Why didn't Morrissey's people? If this album sinks it'll be Morrissey and whatever team is around him failing/refusing to promote it in any way.

The album is great, the reviews have been rightly and fairly positive. Its now just whether people notice it's out.

I've pre-ordered both CD versions of the album on Amazon and I've pre-ordered the deluxe from iTunes. Does this mean that none of these will count towards chart positions?
Think they still count too .... the physical shops mentioned are just where you can physically walk in and buy and count towards official sales ... think thats the case anyway.

I am a manager , and know the events guy personally .... we have tried before via official channels to no avail ..... so thought via boz would be a bit more direct ( this was during the us tour) .... if i had got a sniff of a possibility then that would have been the next step .... just seems he has no interest in putting himself out there....shame .
"Intranet" ? Inside info there

I see, which store are you based at, if i may ask?

iTunes definitely counts, and I'm sure Amazon does too.

http://www.officialcharts.com/faqs/

"Where do you collect sales from?

The simple answer is all significant retailers. These retailers span independent stores, high street chains, supermarkets, internet mail order and download services. As a result, we estimate that we capture around 99% of all singles sold, 98% of all albums and over 90% of all videos/DVDs."

I'm not familiar w/ Ed Sheeran's music (that I know of), but I know he's promoted by the commercial media because I heard a station (CBS, ClearChannnel; can't remember) giving out tickets to see him. Moz is not promoted by either CBS or ClearChannel; he just has the strength of his music.

The July 2, 2014 issue of _amNewYork_ is promoting Ed Sheeran's _X_ as one of "The Best Albums of the Year (so far)." That's not fair. We all know Morrissey's _World Peace is None of Your Business_ is the best album of the year.

I hope my iTunes purchase counts towards a chart rating. Moz deserves all the accolades he wants. :)

BundleBear

He's some ginger twat.

Think they still count too .... the physical shops mentioned are just where you can physically walk in and buy and count towards official sales ... think thats the case anyway.

Thanks, I hope so. I've been buying Morrissey albums/single online for years. I just assumed they all counted. I'd hate to find out otherwise.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom