TTY: Dairy Farmers Milked Out of Business

An anonymous person sends the link:

Dairy Farmers Milked Out of Business - true-to-you.net
12 July 2016

Dairy Farms all over England are dropping!!!!!
STOP supporting Glastonbury Festival (animal-killer farm).

Cow's milk is finished!
WE DON'T WANT IT ANYMORE!!!

Morrissey
12 July 2016

38867_unnamed_6.jpg

image by SER / Sam Esty Rayner

it's really not the same thing at all, though. in both cases youre dealing with the topic of acceptance, but in one instance you have a group of people seeking it (re:the gay community seeking to be accepted, or whatever), and in the other instance you have a group of people fighting against acceptance (re: animal rights activists trying to get people to see that what they've become so familiar with is not okay), and those two things may require vastly different approaches. because one absolute truth about humanity is that eventually people will come to accept anything. so with that in mind, the best approach to make society accept something is through gentle familiarization (kinda like the telus commercials. are they just a Canadian thing? well telus is like some sort of technology company and they have these cute commercials with animals and fun music and the slogan 'the future is friendly', for those of us who were under the impression that the future is actually rather a bit scary. i know the dancing hippos have been a great help to me in coming to terms with the fact that I live in the 21st century), a way of easing into the public consciousness until you're able to say we're here and that all there is to it, and stop having to ask for acceptance. this approach works because you have the predictability of human nature on your side ("man is that creature who can learn to accept anything" in the words of Dostoevsky). but the situation with slaughterhouses and dairy farms is the opposite; society in this case is on the opposite side of the acceptance spectrum. it has accepted the slaughterhouse, become familiar with the idea of it. and once a person accepts something and becomes familiar with it, it is much much harder to make them go back. so the question is how do you make people not accept it? how the f*** do you wake them up? in some cases it may be through soft degrees, bit by bit, but I think there might also be some cases where a heavy dose of brute force is what does the trick. when a person suffers a severe manic break, they don't wake up out of it from gentle coaxing, they wake up out of it through a sharp jolt of electricity to the brain.
besides, unlike with the gay situation that ran the risk of getting worse if not approached correctly, the situation with slaughterhouse animals really cant get any worse, so I think all efforts at breaking down the level of acceptance should be applauded. obviously though I don't think capital punishment is the answer, lol. I don't think capital punishment is the answer for anything. sometimes, though, when i see those news stories about someone who let their 4 year old starve to death or whatever, it makes it really hard for me to be anti-death penalty. but i'd be worried if it didnt make it hard, if it was that easy for me to accept the awful things some people do. the point is, while killing farmers is not the answer, it's okay to feel like you would like to. in fact, I think its better than okay to see what they do as so unacceptable and offensive to your nature that you feel like you would like them to die. it's just a feeling, after all, and much different than actually seeing to their death. so that's how I took vegans post, that he was just speaking from feeling, and not from any active militant stance.

as for gays not being as cute as cows, are you serious? there are some that are definitely as cute, if not cuter, it's just that you're not allowed to say that because some jerk at so-low (surprise!) will come along and say "f*** that bullshit. men don't want to be thought of as cute" or what the f*** ever. my friend, who happens to be gay, is the cutest most beautiful thing, like gizmo from gremlins crossed with brad pitt, if you can imagine that, or like some Adonis of furby-land. definitely cuter than a cow.

Have you even heard of punctuation and grammar?

Does anyone know why humans started having other animals' milk? It seems very strange to start with it.

Early women's rights, back in the Stone Age. Women of the tribe were sick of the men trying to steal milk out of mother's breasts, so told them to piss off and suck a cow's tits instead.

I can only judge people on an Internet forum by what they actually write, not by what they might mean. You are accountable for your words and Uncleskinny rightly pointed out that vegan's approach isn't helping if he wants to be taken seriously.

Brad Pitt - never found him attractive. He's got something ape-like and dead eyes. I always found Talented-Mr-Ripley era Jude Law much hotter.
so when you read you dont go any further than the actual words? because when i read a thing the tone, the situation, the way in which something is said, as well as what isnt said, all inform my opinion of what i've just read, just as much, if not moreso, than the words themselves. and so it seems pretty obvious to me that vegan did not mean what he said in the way you've taken it to mean, and that your issue with what he's said is a little disproportionate. it's quite obvious that what he said was an offhand remark, meant to show he has strong feelings. it read more like an assertion along the lines of "this is who i am, this is how i feel" than a statement about what should actually happen to dairy farmers. if he were actually militant his statement probably would've been backed up with all sorts of well thought out details about why and how he thinks this should happen, or his statement may have been a little more cryptic, less "unripe" in tone. sure vegan has annoyed me as well on occasion, but only in a playful message-board kind of way. i never once believed i had any legitimate reason for disliking him. besides, who says he was trying to be effective? who in their right mind would try to effect any change here, at a place full of inflexible myopic dolts?

as for brad pitt i dont think he's so great either, but objectively he is good looking, and i only meant to convey the level of handsomeness of my friend, not that he is actually a dead ringer for him. i got the idea to say brad pitt only because this one gross old man in town who wears an elastic in his chin hair always makes a point of exclaiming "it's brad pitt!" whenever he sees him and then proceeds to ask other people if THEY think it's brad pitt, much to my friends horror. i agree that jude law is wayyyyy better looking. he was rocking my world when I first saw the talented mr. ripley. gwynnie too.

by the way ya'll, I tried some vegan apple sausage today and it was delightful! I got this vegan thing in the bag! if you don't count the cheesecake I ate yesterday. and might eat again today. baby steps, yo. well, at least I'm learning that there are way more options for vegans than I previously would have thought.

agree with most of this post, though...

'it's really not the same thing at all, though. in both cases youre dealing with the topic of acceptance, but in one instance you have a group of people seeking it (re:the gay community seeking to be accepted, or whatever), and in the other instance you have a group of people fighting against acceptance (re: animal rights activists trying to get people to see that what they've become so familiar with is not okay)'

I think that in both cases it is a fighting against acceptance. As far as gay rights or equality among races it is a fighting against the acceptance in society that it is alright to hate what one does not understand. Yes in slow steps... but unfortunately some things must be brought to light by fighting fire with fire... to enlighten through violence, which sounds like a paradox, but is in some situations the only route to go.

The first and most effective place to fight the good fight is at the dinner plate and in ones own home at an early age of a child's development... baby steps,the steps begin there. :)
oh ketamine sun, leave it to you to make me have to think! well as it turns out, I have a theory about that too! :p
see, I don't think people hating what they don't understand can be seen as acceptance. rather I think hating what you don't understand is a basic default behaviour of non-intellectual people. to say that you accept something requires in my opinion that you may at first experience resistance to that thing and then an overcoming of that resistance (which is why if I were to say that i accept gay people that would be erroneous--because i never experienced any resistance to gay people in the first place, and thus it would be as fatuous as me saying that i accept straight people). so in order to say that you accept hatred in a society would require that at first you were resistant to the hatred in society but managed to look past it. but it is the nature of this default behaviour of hating what you fear that it is there from the onset: nothing had to be processed and no resistance overcome in order to achieve that state. you cannot therefore intellectually or objectively say you accepted it. people who are mired in this hatred and fear themselves might say they accept it in others, but what they really mean is that they are in alignment with it. I think hatred in yourself may be the one thing a person cant accept, and that is because the note of hatred is unrest. when you hate, you want to do something with your hatred, you want to either expel it or the thing that causes it; whereas the note of acceptance is equanimity.

hmm ill have to think about this and get back to you on it. I do know what you're saying, and I know what I'm trying to say, because to me there is a difference, but it's all a bit hazy for me.

interesting, great post and I agree with what you're saying. Though I guess I didn't make myself clear about what I mean as 'acceptance'. I meant it's a form of unconscious/blind acceptance of the normality of hating what one doesn't understand. But also I don't feel that they are really aware of this fear & hate because it is their norm,their reality tunnel/belief system. People like this who are unaware are usually the first to say that they are not racist or homophobic. If physical violence isn't used to express their fear/hatred they will then turn to jokes and other derogatory language then dismiss it all and carry on in a way and in a world of their own imagining that they feel is normal. They don't question what they feel is right. And they are not aware of the damage they are causing not only to others but to themselves.

I understand what you mean by first you need to resist before you can accept.

' so in order to say that you accept hatred in a society would require that at first you were resistant to the hatred in society but managed to look past it. but it is the nature of this default behavior of hating what you fear that it is there from the onset: nothing had to be processed and no resistance overcome in order to achieve that state. you cannot therefore intellectually or objectively say you accepted it.'

I guess that is what I mean by an unconscious/blind acceptance,that is, they would neither say or be aware enough to say that they accept or do not accept, that like breathing, for them it just is. Or maybe a different word or words are needed to describe what I'm saying in this and my other post. Or maybe in our different ways we are saying the same thing. :)

Very good post here, thank you

28btzdf.jpg

I wonder how this compares to things like when people shame people for their age/sex/belief etc. or if it can be considered the same.

I've just heard, statistically here, every couple of days a farmer commits suicide (not the same one obviously); see, no need to hang them, Vegan, they do it themselves.
Meanwhile multinationals are doing very well, and got milk allright. They're swimming in it.
It defo appears milk is not your drink of choice if you think it's finished. Farmers may be finished; the product isn't. How can that be? you ask, drunkenly and freezing. I dunno Crankfraudlein.

What may be also finished this year is cereals, which means that even the "nice" farmers that grow special K and harm no creature (except insects and stuff, ok) might also suffer.

Luckily it's a big world, so far we have food for everybody, no matter what happens. Right? Almost everybody, Crankfraud, that's right. You would notice when things are not split equally.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom