TTY: Morrissey Band 2015

Re: Morrissey Band 2015 - TTY

Did he try to copy his own backdrop? :p

bruce-lee-veste-carreau.jpg

"You hiss and groan and you constantly moan But you don't ever go away"---to those that just complain.
I'm grateful for the update info put out from T-T-Y. The band shows great personality diversity, and everyone looks fine in the picture. You want better looks, clothes, hair and style in the image?... go play with Photoshop. Happy to see the nephew is still taking photographs.

Damon took the photo not Sam.

Everyone looks great and stylish.

Just because it isn't a smiths album doesn't mean it isn't good. It's fantastic, you half wit.

Oh you poor little fool. It does not have to be a smiths album it just needs to be a good album. Which it is not. Oh you tone deaf little bugger.

- - - Updated - - -

Damon took the photo not Sam.

Everyone looks great and stylish.
He means the other one

Oh you poor little fool. It does not have to be a smiths album it just needs to be a good album. Which it is not. Oh you tone deaf little bugger.

- - - Updated - - -

He means the other one

Thank-you Ty for pointing that out.

- - - Updated - - -

He means the other one

You've proven yourself to not be the brightest bulb, so I'm not surprised you cannot see what's great album it is. Oh, and your signature isn't funny at all

I'm wondering what's involved in getting something on iTunes and the like, or rather why that's not something he has done with this album. He thanked some company or another for helping him get Kiss Me A Lot on iTunes recently. Why not the whole album? According to this Apple page, you fill out an application and provide the content or you work with an aggregator who handles various things for you and and takes a cut. Presumably those aggregators place you on the other big services too.

At this point, a year after release, I agree with others here that no other label is going to pick this album up, not on its own. The ship has sailed regardless of whatever opinion anyone might have of the album. But maybe that's what he has been hoping for. Maybe, based on his quote after MSG, he was thinking tour success might convince somebody to pick it up and reissue. But no.

So if he winds up throwing in the towel on that, I'm wondering what the barriers or disincentives to putting it out there on the iTuneses of the world would be. Even if it didn't lead to a lot of sales, wouldn't some be better than none? Wouldn't available for purchase be better than unavailable? I don't know if there are ongoing fees to be listed on those services or whatever, but if not, it's not like there's stock sitting around costing anybody anything. Just some dustcoated album's puny downloads.

I know he has said in the past that he would never distribute his stuff independently. He didn't say exactly why if I recall, but I think the feeling I took from it was that maybe he felt that he was meant to be taken care of in that regard, as the talent. I could be making that up but I think that's what I thought at the time from the tone of his response. Or maybe it was a point of pride, where he felt he was good enough to be picked up and taken care of and that maybe if he had to do it independently, he'd be tacitly agreeing with labels who said it wasn't good enough. Totally speculating there. Maybe it's more practical and has to do with advances and paying for studio time and promotion and stuff given how annoyed he was at Harvest for not doing music videos. Maybe he feels he can't handle all of that himself. Don't know.

You'd think with as much as he has professed his hatred for stupid labels, leeching lawyers, backstabbing managers, etc., the independent distribution era would be like sweet liberation for him. Like, if you built your own tidy studio, or just rented time efficiently like so many others, and distributed through the big download services whenever you felt like it, and promoted it as best you could via touring, social media, earned media, supportive shows like Fallon etc., would you really need anybody else? You'd be foregoing the stubbornly lingering reach of CD sales in the Wal Marts of the world, unless there was some kind of easy burn-and-ship-on-demand system out there, but it would be better than not putting music out I'd think.

I'm obviously not in the industry and don't know what all else is involved, but does anyone know if he has said any more on the topic of independent digital distribution? Anyone know why he only did Kiss Me on iTunes?

Perhaps you should consider that just because you are fond of the album doesn't mean it is objectively good.

NOTHING is ''objectively good''. That's exactly the point! Everything in music, or art in general, is based upon subjectively. You cannot simply say ''I don't like this album. That's why nobody wants to re-release it.''
Out of interest, what would you claim is ''objectively good''? Anyone can like or dislike absolutely anything.

The World Peace album is dead. Forget it. It was dead the day it was released. Harvest knew it. People with functioning ears knew it. It was a still born waste of Earth's precious resources.

To think he's still clomping across the globe trying to flog it with his huge carbon footprint while lecturing the rest of us on how the planet should be run is absolutely laughable.

He's like a stupid Russell Brand. Imagine that.

I'm not a fan of WPINOYB but I'm not Morrissey. Obviously he likes it and wants to get the music out there for sale. So my questions about independent digital distribution take his assessment of the material as a given and proceed from there. If he feels good about the music and wants it out there for sale, I'm wondering why he doesn't go the indy distro route, particularly now that it seems the only viable option for this album, even if it means only half a loaf. He's said before he doesn't want to do that period, not specifically in regard to this or that album, but I just haven't heard exactly why. Given what he said, I was therefore surprised therefore to see Kiss Me on iTunes, and puzzled why the rest wasn't there. Maybe someone here knows the mechanics and implications of doing that, such as costs that might not be obvious beyond Apple's cut and aggregators' cut.

I'm wondering what's involved in getting something on iTunes and the like, or rather why that's not something he has done with this album. He thanked some company or another for helping him get Kiss Me A Lot on iTunes recently. Why not the whole album? According to this Apple page, you fill out an application and provide the content or you work with an aggregator who handles various things for you and and takes a cut. Presumably those aggregators place you on the other big services too.

At this point, a year after release, I agree with others here that no other label is going to pick this album up, not on its own. The ship has sailed regardless of whatever opinion anyone might have of the album. But maybe that's what he has been hoping for. Maybe, based on his quote after MSG, he was thinking tour success might convince somebody to pick it up and reissue. But no.

So if he winds up throwing in the towel on that, I'm wondering what the barriers or disincentives to putting it out there on the iTuneses of the world would be. Even if it didn't lead to a lot of sales, wouldn't some be better than none? Wouldn't available for purchase be better than unavailable? I don't know if there are ongoing fees to be listed on those services or whatever, but if not, it's not like there's stock sitting around costing anybody anything. Just some dustcoated album's puny downloads.

I know he has said in the past that he would never distribute his stuff independently. He didn't say exactly why if I recall, but I think the feeling I took from it was that maybe he felt that he was meant to be taken care of in that regard, as the talent. I could be making that up but I think that's what I thought at the time from the tone of his response. Or maybe it was a point of pride, where he felt he was good enough to be picked up and taken care of and that maybe if he had to do it independently, he'd be tacitly agreeing with labels who said it wasn't good enough. Totally speculating there. Maybe it's more practical and has to do with advances and paying for studio time and promotion and stuff given how annoyed he was at Harvest for not doing music videos. Maybe he feels he can't handle all of that himself. Don't know.

You'd think with as much as he has professed his hatred for stupid labels, leeching lawyers, backstabbing managers, etc., the independent distribution era would be like sweet liberation for him. Like, if you built your own tidy studio, or just rented time efficiently like so many others, and distributed through the big download services whenever you felt like it, and promoted it as best you could via touring, social media, earned media, supportive shows like Fallon etc., would you really need anybody else? You'd be foregoing the stubbornly lingering reach of CD sales in the Wal Marts of the world, unless there was some kind of easy burn-and-ship-on-demand system out there, but it would be better than not putting music out I'd think.

I'm obviously not in the industry and don't know what all else is involved, but does anyone know if he has said any more on the topic of independent digital distribution? Anyone know why he only did Kiss Me on iTunes?

I was reading the other day that an artist gets about five cents per thousand listens on iTunes. Morrissey would be lucky to make a hundred dollars from streaming World Peace. It would barely be worth filling out the forms.

It sold less than twenty thousand copies a year ago, and is a by-the-numbers political album devoid of melody or lyrical insight. All those who wanted it have it already. I suspect the real reason he is still pushing it is he has nothing else. There are no new songs, no new album, no interest, and no hope. Morrissey will go round and round the world until he disappears up his own backside.

I'm not a fan of WPINOYB but I'm not Morrissey. Obviously he likes it and wants to get the music out there for sale. So my questions about independent digital distribution take his assessment of the material as a given and proceed from there. If he feels good about the music and wants it out there for sale, I'm wondering why he doesn't go the indy distro route, particularly now that it seems the only viable option for this album, even if it means only half a loaf. He's said before he doesn't want to do that period, not specifically in regard to this or that album, but I just haven't heard exactly why. Given what he said, I was therefore surprised therefore to see Kiss Me on iTunes, and puzzled why the rest wasn't there. Maybe someone here knows the mechanics and implications of doing that, such as costs that might not be obvious beyond Apple's cut and aggregators' cut.

Would you employ Morrissey? What would be the point?

He still thinks he matters, and no-one surrounding him has the balls to tell him the truth. Morrissey can't understand why nobody is prepared to write him a big fat cheque for the honour of having him blame them for all his troubles.

He still thinks he matters, and no-one surrounding him has the balls to tell him the truth. Morrissey can't understand why nobody is prepared to write him a big fat cheque for the honour of having him blame them for all his troubles.

That's pretty much it.

You've proven yourself to not be the brightest bulb, so I'm not surprised you cannot see what's great album it is. Oh, and your signature isn't funny at all

I've proven myself not to be the brightest bulb. Oh honey keep telling yourself that. But world peace is still bad. Maybe not in your eyes but in mine so deal with it and I'm the brightest, baby! Don't you forget it biatch! :rofl:

Also my signature is not funny? Really? Are you five years old? Mice aren't the only celibate thing on that hill, you are right there with them. :D so go suck your sour grapes hun :)

I just wonder why do you get so offended when I say I dislike world peace. Why do you care? I have a opinion and you have one. Let's live in harmony son.

Last edited by a moderator:

would you employ morrissey? What would be the point?

mfte!

I've proven myself not to be the brightest bulb. Oh honey keep telling yourself that. But world peace is still bad. Maybe not in your eyes but in mine so deal with it and I'm the brightest, baby! Don't you forget it biatch! :rofl:

Also my signature is not funny? Really? Are you five years old? Mice aren't the only celibate thing on that hill, you are right there with them. :D so go suck your sour grapes hun :)

I just wonder why do you get so offended when I say I dislike world peace. Why do you care? I have a opinion and you have one. Let's live in harmony son.

Did you not notice it should be "the hills" and not "they hills"?

Did you not notice it should be "the hills" and not "they hills"?

Well I little spelling error never hurt anyone I will correct it my friend. A y too much. You see I type on a cellular phone, that phone sometimes autocorrect my words. See can't you play this nice every time :rofl: or is that too much to ask.

Last edited by a moderator:

He's really struggling with rejection lately.
His time is over now but he can't come to grips with it, fair play to the lawnmower parts in the picture, they're just turning up for their wages and as long as he's coughing up its quite a life for them.
He made all the decisions in his solo career, he fell out with many people on the journey ( falling out with David T and us earlier posters on here was a classic example of how not to bite the hand that feeds ).
Failure to keep up with modern times and social media was another shot in the head.
Constant lies, rumours, cancellations, rantings, treatment of people, gay denial, living the life of Royalty whilst slating the Royal family, slagging the very country that is his and owes him a living (I'd like to smack him in the face for the Falkland island outburst ! In fact I'd like to smack him his face in again for the nurse suicde comments as well that was piss poor in my opinion)
To be fair I guess I just hate all humasexuals ! Because there's only one of them any way.
Can't wait for him to die to be honest ! I'll be there making sure the nails are well hammered into the box.

R I P CrankFraud you stupid old twisted not animal friendly lying tosser !

Benny-the-British-Butcher

I think Damon needs to pick up a camera and take more photos of the guys. Lots of photos.

Indeed! Morrissey and the guys look like the oriental men that used to hang outside my school and eat nuts. When I went there

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom