TTY: Morrissey's novel "List of the Lost" out in September

I'm Benny and so's my wife! Come on everybody, let's all join in.

Benny-the-British-Butcher

will the novel be full of paragraph length run on sentences like the autobiography?

will the novel be full of paragraph length run on sentences like the autobiography?

i like that kinda writing style especially when given a rigorous rhythm. i think were gonna get both when the book drops. hoping so makes me smile

I've had a premonition of the novel. It's all about a haunted ventriloquist dummy that speaks in many voices. The Dummy is called Benny or Brummie or Anonymous depending on the chapter/ depending on the general mood. Anyway, and of course, Morrissey's book is a work of Northern gothic genius. It has the sparkle of a vintage chandelier; the wit of a whippet and no cheese in it at all. I'm waiting for the release with an ardent fervour that is more than religion.

I've had a premonition of the novel. It's all about a haunted ventriloquist dummy that speaks in many voices. The Dummy is called Benny or Brummie or Anonymous depending on the chapter/ depending on the general mood. Anyway, and of course, Morrissey's book is a work of Northern gothic genius. It has the sparkle of a vintage chandelier; the wit of a whippet and no cheese in it at all. I'm waiting for the release with an ardent fervour that is more than religion.

im waiting for the deluxe edition

Re: Article: TTY: Morrissey's novel ”List of the Lost” out in September

Please don't use the verb rape in a trivial way. It's really rather offensive.

Softcover first and the hardback to follow six months later so he can rape/fleece the cult idiots who have to buy both. Gotta hand it to him he knows how to milk that cash cow cult lot doesn't he. Let's hope it's printed on re-cycled paper and planet friendly

F Y F Festival is NOT ANIMAL FRIENDLY just like Silly Steven.

for an objective interview we will have to wait for bennys.
perhaps moz can provide him with a review copy. or maybe the cult can send him a copy for his good work keeping moz up on his tippytoes.

Yes Benny is the striaght man of the double act and Silly Steven is a nostalgic CrankFraud has been cheese addict pop performer who yearns to be number one ! Brilliant.

Oh please don't be offended, there is absolutely no need is there ? I haven't pointed a finger or named you have I ?
RAPE is a four letter word get used to it and stop being politically correct.

Dear Silly Steven

Please drop the song Jack the Ripper as Anonymous posters find it offensive !

Thanks.

Just to interject amongst all these rambling and inane anonymous posts and to bring up a point again which has already been sort of raised:

Does anybody think that maybe, because once again the unusual decision has been taken to have the first print-run in paperback, that Penguin are going to publish it as a classic? Or maybe a 'Modern Classic', like that recent re-issue of Autobiography? Just a thought to ponder before things are (hopefully) clarified this week.

DC

Just to interject amongst all these rambling and inane anonymous posts and to bring up a point again which has already been sort of raised:

Does anybody think that maybe, because once again the unusual decision has been taken to have the first print-run in paperback, that Penguin are going to publish it as a classic? Or maybe a 'Modern Classic', like that recent re-issue of Autobiography? Just a thought to ponder before things are (hopefully) clarified this week.

DC

i think the reissue as a modern classic was based on sales so this probably wont be labeled that just yet. i also doubt theyll publish this as a classic either but i dont know for sire.

My humble prediction for the novel -

- Will be set in the 1970s, possibly early 70s around the time of glam rock
- Will reference the New York Dolls, Lou Reed and all that ilk that Moz obsesses over
- Will be War and Peace in length
- Lots of asexual characters, gender benders, call them what you want

Any advances?

- Will reference the New York Dolls, Lou Reed and all that ilk that Moz obsesses over

Any advances?

Write what you know (even if your predictions were just a wee bit clichéd). Would be both weird and surprising if the book was about a French orphaned protestant missionary in Congo looking for his estranged Belgian wife.

I wonder how it will sell. Many casual fans and even some 'non fans' bought Autobiography to see if there was anything scandalous in it. I wonder if people will shell out for a work of fiction. Hopefully they will and hopefully it will be a great read.

Any advances?

if by asexual you mean gay af, the yes there will lots of them

Makes me wonder why he didn't announce this on Larry King.

not the best of ideas to announce the release of a book is will not be available in the usa on the larry king show.
larry would have gone 'no release in the states why why why why not?

Penguin UK have announced the release date (Sept. 24) and revealed the cover art. Still no page on their website for the book or any further information as far as I can tell.

Last edited by a moderator:

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom